Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resistance 3

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 06, 2011

In the third game in Insomniac's Resistance franchise, you will play as Joseph Capelli, murderer of previous protagonist Nathan Hale, as he journeys across the Chimera-controlled United States.

Resistance 3 Will Have No Health Regeneration.

• 51 results
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee
    Discovered through a recent preview by Gamespot, it states that ''there's no health regeneration, so you have to be constantly be on the lookout for med-kits to refill your health bar''. Which I think is brilliant! It's reminiscent of the original Resistance game, which also featured no health regeneration and helped give the game some old school intensity with you desperately trying to keep your health in check. 
    It was already revealed in one of the trailers, as well, but here it also gives a solid confirmation that the weapon wheel will return over the R2's two weapon only restrictions. 

I was a fan of both games, but admittedly frowned upon the mainstream additions to its sequel, and with these throwbacks being implemented into Resistance 3, it's hopefully going to help the series stand out more and gain a bigger fan base.  

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By sameeeeam

Hope it turns out good.

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

ADS... ugh :(

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Yummylee
    @JoyfullOFrockets said:
    " ADS... ugh :( "
    That's weird =S. I didn't get any the first time I watched it, and I refreshed a few times to see if I just got lucky, but still never saw any ADs.
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I'm not sure about the lack of regenerating health. I liked how the first one had the Riddick style health, where it would heal in quarters. But no regenerating health seems bad to me. 

@Abyssfull: You must be remembering wrong, only the first level had no regen-ing health, the rest of the game did. Go back and play a level. It totally did. 

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets
    @Abyssfull said:
    " @JoyfullOFrockets said:
    " ADS... ugh :( "
    That's weird =S. I didn't get any the first time I watched it, and I refreshed a few times to see if I just got lucky, but still never saw any ADs. "
    Nononno, I didn't mean ADS as in ad, I meant Aiming Down Sights. =d

I loved the way the original Resistance worked, for some reason I'm sick of ADS these days. Would be nice if games give you the option of ''simple precise aiming'' or something.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By ch13696

Wow, this is great. I mean for us nostalgic people, we'll like it, but for everyone else they're going to hate it. They got too spoiled with regenerating health.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
    gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By gingertastic_10
    @MooseyMcMan:
    I thought it was a limited regen?? Like it would only refill one bar only. But I haven't played the game in a long time, so I don't know.
    zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zidd

Theres no regenerating health because Joseph Capelli isn't infected with the chimera virus. That is the story reason for regenerating health in the first place. If you played resistance retribution that didn't have it either unless you hooked it up to resistance 2.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Yummylee
    @Zidd said:

" Theres no regenerating health because Joseph Capelli isn't infected with the chimera virus. That is the story reason for regenerating health in the first place. If you played resistance retribution that didn't have it either unless you hooked it up to resistance 2. "

Capelli is infected with the virus. He was one of the Sentinels (I think they were called?) who were immune to the initial effects of the virus who worked under Nathan Hale. 

@MooseyMcMan said:

" I'm not sure about the lack of regenerating health. I liked how the first one had the Riddick style health, where it would heal in quarters. But no regenerating health seems bad to me. 

@Abyssfull: You must be remembering wrong, only the first level had no regen-ing health, the rest of the game did. Go back and play a level. It totally did.  "

Oh yeah, but only to an extent. You had four bars, and your health would only regenerate to a single bar. When I said Resistance: FoM didn't have regenerating health, I mean akin to games like CoD and Halo and virtually every other FPS these days/
    onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By onarum

This gives me a bit of hope that not every FPS dev will go the COD way.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @Abyssfull said:

Oh yeah, but only to an extent. You had four bars, and your health would only regenerate to a single bar. When I said Resistance: FoM didn't have regenerating health, I mean akin to games like CoD and Halo and virtually every other FPS these days/ "

Only Halo 2 and 3 had regenerating health like that.  The first game you had an over shield, which gave you limited protection and always regenerated, but still had a health bar, which would only recover when you pick up health packs. 
    ODST and Reach went back to using that system too.  Funny that Halo was the game that invented that idea and even Bungie realised it was a bad idea, yet it's still used in practically every other FPS..
    Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Malakhii

I was all for Reach going back to not having recharging health, but as I played it I realized I sorely missed it. And that game still had a shield that recharged, this just doesn't sound appealing to me at all. Just seems like an annoyance to me. 

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By LiquidPrince

If it's story related, then alright, but I still prefer regeneration. Simply because it helps keep the speed up.      

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By xyzygy

I kind of liked that about the first game. Good on them. 

Hopefully this one turns out better than that PoS second one.

hinderk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By hinderk

That's great. 
    Any word on if there will be a co-op mode similar to what was in 2?

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ryanwho

Taking a step back, innovation. There's no story excuse for having healthpacks everywhere, so I'm not sure why they're pulling leg like that. This isn't about realism or immersion. Realism is getting shot in the shoulder and spending 2 months in a hospital. The best way to do this is regenerating in between major battles and not during battles. So you can't hide and regenerate your health, but you're not pawing around for health packs in between fights. 
    Healthpacks just add another layer of spawn camping in multiplayer.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By csl316
    @MooseyMcMan said:
    " I'm not sure about the lack of regenerating health. I liked how the first one had the Riddick style health, where it would heal in quarters. But no regenerating health seems bad to me. 
    Agreed.  It was a good mix. 

And on a side note, medikits usually make co-op more interesting/strategic/fight-inducing.
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By Afroman269

cool?

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20  Edited By spankingaddict

Sounds good to me...

rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By rawrz
    @WinterSnowblind:  Its less Bungie realizing it was a bad idea and more them using it to fit into story cannon since ODSTs are not spartans so they need health packs and Spartan IIIs arnt as good as Spartan IIs so they too needed health packs. 
    sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By sopranosfan

I don't care either way because I love both games, except that damn mist that chased me in part 2, I didn't think I would ever beat that level.  Resistance is my second favorite "unrealistic" shooter.  I will have to go back and play those games pretty soon when I'm done with the backlog of games I haven't beaten yet. 
    sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#23  Edited By sammo21
    @Abyssfull: I loved, and still love, Resistance 1 but I have no love for Resistance 2.  I thought it was graphically poorer than the first, the story was garbage, the scripting was garbage, etc, etc.  Sure it had co-op stuff, but I never wanted to play that so I didn't care.  Hopefully this makes up for 2's failures.
    Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Oldirtybearon

how can anyone be hyped for Resistance 3? Fall of Man was a decent shooter, but 2 was just terrible. Absolutely dreadful. So bad it hurt just to play it. 

As far as I'm concerned, bringing health packs back into the game isn't going to fix everything they broke in Resistance 2.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RobotHamster

I have a feeling this game will be amaaazzzzing!

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By zidd
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By Gizmo

Do you think I could go into Resistance 3 without playing the previous games and have a good time? 

Or will the story just be a blur...

gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By gamb1t

nice. i think thats why i enjoyed the first one so much

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By sopranosfan
    @Gizmo:
    I would definitely play 1 because it is pretty cheap and has most of the important parts of the story that you will need.  But most shooters you can pick up at any point.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Yummylee
    @Zidd said:
    " @Abyssfull: Hale was more infected than the others though. He was starting to turn which is why SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content. 
     So theres that
    "
    Yes, it progressed quicker for Hale, but what's your point? Doesn't mean Capelli was any less infected with the virus, and was still able to regenerate. It outright proves it when he's ambushed by that boss at the top of the tall building when it's just you and Capelli,, and you're meant to believe he perished, to turn up later and say thank god for his regen ability. 
    @WinterSnowblind:  
    Admittedly my playtime of the Halo franchise is limited to a couple of local competitive matchs in Halo 3. I figured they all shared the same regenerating design.
    Surkov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Surkov
    @RobotHamster said:
    " I have a feeling this game will be amaaazzzzing! "
    Me too. I can't wait to see what Insomniac will do with having 2 years+ for development, instead of their usual game every year cycle. Also I'm glad they switched 30 fps, because R2 looked like it wasn't finished in places due to them having to sacrifice detail for framerate. 
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mordukai

I never realy got into the resistance games. For some reason they just don't click with me. However, I am a massive fan of Ratchet and Clank.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Scooper
    @ryanwho said:
    "  Healthpacks just add another layer of spawn camping in multiplayer. "
    I don't see how you work that one out. If your health regens it's easier to spawn camp because you can kill people at a spawn and if you get shot you just sit behind a box for a couple seconds. If you're killing people at their spawn and get shot and there's no regenerating health you have to move away from the spawn to go get your health pack.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ryanwho
    @Scooper: I'm saying people would camp near the health packs.
    SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#35  Edited By SSully

All great news. I am glad they are actually listening to the fans on this one, they took everything we loved from resistance one a traded it in for a COD feature, it was horrible 

@sammo21:  Hey you are 100% right. It had coop features, but it took out the campaign coop, which was one of the best parts of the first game. I have replayed the first game more then I should because it is one of the best coop games I have on the ps3.   

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Scooper
    @ryanwho said:
    " @Scooper: I'm saying people would camp near the health packs. "
    I doubt they'll be resupplied at a rate that would allow someone to camp near them and I doubt they'll be in places where they could just stand next to it and shoot people spawning. You're just trying to be negative for the sake of it.
    canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By canucks23

Well... at least they're sticking to their fiction. There were reasons you had regen. health as Hale. Wouldn't make sense if Capelli had it. Gameplay wise i couldn't care less as long as the shooting dudes is still fun.

02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By 02sfraser

I really liked both the Resistance games and the idea of no regen health doesn't bother me. I'm looking forward to this either way.

Patchouli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Patchouli

I much prefer the regenerate in sections style as it give you the best of both worlds so to speak.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By zidd
    @Abyssfull: They will probably come up with some story reason to justify it.
    Deeveeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Deeveeus
    @Abyssfull said:
    " @Zidd said:

" Theres no regenerating health because Joseph Capelli isn't infected with the chimera virus. That is the story reason for regenerating health in the first place. If you played resistance retribution that didn't have it either unless you hooked it up to resistance 2. "

Capelli is infected with the virus. He was one of the Sentinels (I think they were called?) who were immune to the initial effects of the virus who worked under Nathan Hale. 

The story is he's been cured or some such shit...whatever they can do to unwrite it haha
    Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#42  Edited By Hizang

Thats just great, I really am a fan of med kits, go med kits!

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By EVO

Am I the only one that loved Resistance 2? It seems to get a lot of hate, but aside from the disappointing multiplayer I found the campaign vastly improved and the co-op was a blast.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Yummylee
    @EVO said:
    " Am I the only one that loved Resistance 2? It seems to get a lot of hate, but aside from the disappointing multiplayer I found the campaign vastly improved and the co-op was a blast. "
    It was my 2008 GOTY <3
    EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By EVO
    @Abyssfull said:
    " @EVO said:
    " Am I the only one that loved Resistance 2? It seems to get a lot of hate, but aside from the disappointing multiplayer I found the campaign vastly improved and the co-op was a blast. "
    It was my 2008 GOTY <3 "
    Fall of Man was my 2007 GOTY.
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ProfessorEss

M'eh, I don't tend to think much about details like "health packs versus regen". Both modes work fine as far as I'm concerned, and it's very rare that something like this turns out the be a "make it or break it" factor.

To this day I can't understand why this franchise flies so far under my radar. I really got to get around to playing the first two.

TheMoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#47  Edited By TheMoD

I think that's awesome! I don't hate health regeneration in games, but its been really long since I've played a game that doesn't have it
    onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By onarum

Damn straight, regenerating health is for wussies.

hinderk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By hinderk
    @EVO said:
    Agreed. I personally enjoyed R2 co-op more than l4d which came out the same year(I think).
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Yummylee
    @hinderk said:
    " @EVO said:
    Agreed. I personally enjoyed R2 co-op more than l4d which came out the same year(I think). "
    The original Left4Dead? Yup, 2008 release, same as Resistance 2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.