Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resistance 3

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 06, 2011

In the third game in Insomniac's Resistance franchise, you will play as Joseph Capelli, murderer of previous protagonist Nathan Hale, as he journeys across the Chimera-controlled United States.

Competitive multiplayer not as good as Resistance 2

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By AuthenticM

Let me start by saying that I played quite a bit of both previous Resistance games. R1 was a launch game, bought it, played it with a friend multiple times, loved it. I didn't really care for the multiplayer though. R1 had floaty controls not unlike Killzone 2, which made the game not as satisfying to play as other shooters, to me at least. The input lag certainly wasn't as pronounced as in KZ2, but it was there.

Then comes Resistance 2, with a brighter color palette, the gun-wheel absent, shitty storyline, bad singleplayer and probably the worst coop ever. However, the game more than redeemed itself with its competitive multiplayer. Super-tight controls, fast paced combat, great maps and modes; a terrific experience. The multiplayer alone made me play this game to no end. I've clocked in hundred of hours of playtime online. I even got the 10 000 kills trophy. It was that good.

After playing Resistance 3, I'm inclined to say that its multiplayer isn't as gripping as its predecessor's. The singleplayer is certainly the best in the series to date, but I feel that came at the expense of the multiplayer. I don't mind the kill streaks or the turrets all that much, but the feel of the shooting isn't the same. The part where I need to put my crosshair on the enemy and fire my weapon is far from being as satisfying as in R2. I don't really know how to pinpoint the exact problem, but it's somewhere between the inaccuracy of the weapons, the less-than-great L1 iron sight aiming and the thirty frames per second refresh rate. I think you'll agree with me that this is the core of a shooter, and is pretty much essential in the grand scheme of things.

Maybe you'll disagree with me, which is fine. But as a huge fan of the competitive multiplayer of Resistance 2, I feel disappointed in Resistance 3 so far. Am I the only one?

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Doctorchimp

Well that's a shame.

It's weird though I heard Resistance 1 had the dedicated community and the R2 scene was kind of ragtag.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Spoonman671

Sorry, but it's almost like everything you say is the opposite of the truth.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By N7

I played the shit out of R2 and I distinctly remember it being complete shit. I HATED the multiplayer in that game.

Everything from the beta seemed fantastic though. I really liked it.

A buddy of mine who also hated R2's multiplayer seems to say the same thing. He loves it.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By EVO
    @Spoonman671 said:
    Sorry, but it's almost like everything you say is the opposite of the truth.
    Yep, R1 had the the better multiplayer, R2 had the better single player. But @AuthenticM is right on one thing: the multiplayer in R3 sucks ass.
    SadPatrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By SadPatrol

Why can't you just keep playing R2?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.