Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 4

Game » consists of 39 releases. Released Jan 11, 2005

Special agent Leon S. Kennedy travels to rural Spain to rescue the U.S. President's kidnapped daughter in Resident Evil's sixth canonical installment. It is notable for a lengthy development cycle which involved a complete overhaul of the series' established gameplay mechanics.

I just finished one of the greatest games ever made

• 54 results
    ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

The controls aren't quite as tight as they were in 2005 and I maintain that they could've cut an hour or so out of the castle section for the sake of pacing, but it's very much deserving of the praise it gets.

I could have done without going to the island at all, but either way yeah there could be some cut out near the end of the game to its benefit.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 46

@arbitrarywater: I agree about the castle section. The game was losing me towards the end of it, but then it started to pick up steam again.

@dudeglove: Once I realized there were multiple weapons in the game, I decided to just stick with some weapons, so I could fully upgrade them. Might have to use new weapons on the next playthrough.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@artisanbreads said:
    @arbitrarywater said:

The controls aren't quite as tight as they were in 2005 and I maintain that they could've cut an hour or so out of the castle section for the sake of pacing, but it's very much deserving of the praise it gets.

I could have done without going to the island at all, but either way yeah there could be some cut out near the end of the game to its benefit.

I'm with you. The castle keeps in line with the dread established in the early game. Once the Ganados start using firearms, though, I feel the unwieldy elements of the game start to take the wheel.

This is a billion times worse in Resident Evil 5, though. That section on the tanker is a drag.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yeah, Greg Kasavin's review on GameSpot even mentioned that this is not a game you should put the controller down during cutscenes. As for the dialogue, honestly, I think that's a highlight and makes the villains and Leon more likable. It's goofy as heck, but not bad for it I think. It's bad dialogue done right if you will. It's one of my favorite games, but I struggle to want to get any more of the new versions that come along. I'm not sure if I want to get it on current-gen consoles.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.