Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption II

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 26, 2018

The third game in Rockstar's Wild West-themed series is a prequel to the events of Red Dead Redemption, returning to the open-world action of its predecessor.

Quitting a mission.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BoOzak

I'm sure i'm missing something obvious because this clearly cant be the case but I cant seem to quit a mission once i've started it.

It even autosaves after i've started it, this and the fact that you cant seem to accept multiple quests at once seem really backwards.

I know the smart thing to do would be manually saving before starting a mission, but sometimes they happen without me being ready.

Anyway, if it isnt obvious my question is how do I quit a mision once i've started it.

Avatar image for reaperofthegrim
    Reaperofthegrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Reaperofthegrim

Just found it: tap left on the D-pad, press A or X on the name of the mission, then it'll give you the option to abandon (seen at the bottom right corner).

I found this thread looking for a way to abandon the mission **spoiler** given to you by Abigail, so I could rob the train with John. Well I couldn't throw dynamite at my feet because Jack's with me, and I couldn't sprint my horse into a tree because Jack's with me. But I figured it out. Lol

darthslughorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By darthslughorn

If you die during the mission you can abandon it. That's all I've seen so far

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@reaperofthegrim: Thanks for info, that's definitely easier than blowing yourself up with dynamite or something if you're not in an ideal situation to do a mission ;p

Whitak3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Whitak3r

BoOzak marked this as the best answer

Just found it: tap left on the D-pad, press A or X on the name of the mission, then it'll give you the option to abandon (seen at the bottom right corner).

I found this thread looking for a way to abandon the mission **spoiler** given to you by Abigail, so I could rob the train with John. Well I couldn't throw dynamite at my feet because Jack's with me, and I couldn't sprint my horse into a tree because Jack's with me. But I figured it out. Lol

I just want to say thanks for posting how to do it after you figured it out. This is the first result that shows up when you google "How to quit mission red dead redemption 2". Super easy but I had no idea that Left D-Pad brought up the mission menu.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.