Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PUBG: Battlegrounds

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 23, 2017

A survival-shooter led by the modder behind the Battle Royale mods for the ArmA series. It is one of the progenitors of the "battle royale" sub-genre, pitting 100 players in a large empty location where they must scavenge for weapons and fight to the death.

PUBG Cheating Is Out Of Control

• 68 results
    Underwhelmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@slag: Well I don't feel bad about reporting it then. That was only the third time I have played too.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#52  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@whoopeepoop said:

They are working on a new anti-cheat system...but you can never get rid of cheaters completely...

I don't know what exactly they're going to do, but purely client-side hacks (wallhacks, aimbots) are pretty tough to actually detect. The best you can typically do is use some heuristic method to guess someone might be using one (for instance looking at mouse acceleration and accuracy to evaluate the possibility of someone using an aimbot), but in that case, you're only going to be able to detect the most extreme cases with enough certainty to justify an auto-ban. You'll also have to deal with the hack creators constantly releasing updates to try to stay at the boundary of what your heuristics can detect.

It's also possible to scan the player's system for code that has been previously identified and cataloged as a cheat, but again, this is going to be a constant arms race with the hack creators as they release updates to try to work around this. A lot of players are also likely to complain about techniques like this due to the obvious security and privacy concerns.

The only dependable way to really handle all hackers is to rely on reports to filter the cheaters into separate matchmaking pools.

Qrowdyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Despite it being so innovative and fresh, these kind of issues is why I can't get behind Pubg as goty. Get your shit together bluehole.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#54 sweep  Moderator

The last few days I have definitely seen a drop in the amount of cheaters, and my rank puts me at the top end of the leaderboards where you'd expect to see the most of them. Maybe I just got lucky?

SlightlyTrans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ye... in the last 6 months chinese cheatware has flooded the game. I guess since the devs didnt understand mandarin, they were unable to blacklist the code? Idk. But they had the english hacks under control just fine. Something about the chinese cheatware that made it almost impossible for them to handle.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your game of the year folks. When the official release has even more problems than the early access version

TanookiSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By TanookiSuit

Just watched Breakfast & Battlegrounds this morning from the Waypoint folks and their last game, they got annihilated by some dude in a moving truck with an UZI and neither of them were in sight of the thing. Replay showed auto-aiming, and dumping more bullets than should be possible. This game is a dumpster fire if they cannot keep that stuff under control.

Ivarkr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess this is why it has sold so quickly on Xbox One.. Less cheaters. Even though it has much more bugs than on PC.

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@ivarkr said:

I guess this is why it has sold so quickly on Xbox One.. Less cheaters. Even though it has much more bugs than on PC.

That and a lack of games.

reubencosmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By reubencosmo

@drunken_nun: Good job making a GB forum account to shill another fucking one.

Sometimes I wonder whether reports of cheating, or perhaps the cheats themselves, are distributed by people who would financially benefit from players switching over to other BR games, but I guess that's pretty crazy.

cakedotavi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie said:

I've heard that the game is drastically less cheat-y in first person than third person

For what it is worth, this is very, very true. I have ~450 hours played, and have seen 3 cheaters. I play exclusively FPP.

I didn't like FPP initially, but after I got past the learning curve I have begun to enjoy it much more. Far, far fewer "cheap" deaths where someone just waits for you to turn around before peeking, etc. It's worth putting a few hours in to see if you can get past the learning/comfort curve - that did the trick for me, and has helped me avoid cheaters to boot.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c15a9c63664d
    deactivated-5c15a9c63664d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is why I’m sticking with the Xbox version, despite being technically inferior. At this point, it’s a better playing experience

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By splodge

This thread is four months old. Will Smith recently said on the Bombcast that Pubg are putting out two 25mb patches a day that make it extremely difficult for the cheaters to do their thing. He plays four hours a night, and went from seeing constant cheaters to almost none at all. I think the cheating problem has been mostly fixed.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@splodge: Yeah I stopped playing around the peak of the cheating. It was at a point where I was seeing multiple cheaters a day. I started playing again a fewweeks ago and don't think I have seen a cheater yet.

ArmoredMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By ArmoredMachine

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.