Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Psychonauts

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Apr 19, 2005

Developed by Double Fine Productions, Psychonauts is a platforming action-adventure game in which players take on the role of Razputin, a young psychic out to thwart an evil plot to subvert the minds of other powerful psychics.

Deep Look: Psychonauts- Level Design

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By thatpinguino  Staff  Online

Hey peoples, I'm back with my second Deep Look! Deep Looks are largely gameplay and commentary like a Giantbomb quicklook; however, I try to cover games that have been out for a while and I intend to use the videos to highlight moments and mechanics that I found interesting. Also I aim to keep the videos under 20 minutes (maybe I should have called them actual quick looks).

This time I'm looking at the level design in Psychonauts. I take a look at two of the more interesting levels in the game and show off some of the hidden memories in those levels. I go on to talk about how Psychonauts represents the mental worlds of its characters through its level design. I focus mainly on how Psychonauts blends level design and character development into one coherent whole. This is my second rodeo so I hammered out some of the audio issues that I had with the first video. Any and all feedback is welcome!

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thatpinguino  Staff  Online

Another great bit of level design I missed for this video was in Boyd's level. After you beat the final boss of Boyd's level you can re-enter and find all of the spies are gone. If you go to the island where the milk man was locked up you can find him lobbing flaming milk at censors. This shows that Boyd's censors are trying to tamp down his insane milk man persona, but the persona is too strong to be stopped at that point.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.