Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Psychonauts

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Apr 19, 2005

Developed by Double Fine Productions, Psychonauts is a platforming action-adventure game in which players take on the role of Razputin, a young psychic out to thwart an evil plot to subvert the minds of other powerful psychics.

Can anybody find Psychonauts on Xbox Live?

alexpiercey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By alexpiercey

I know that I've seen it listed before, but I can't find it now, on the Xbox or on their website. Help please!

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By zidd

I think it got taken down since double fine got the publishing rights to it. Any PC nowadays should be able to run it and its available for cheaper on GoG.com or Steam than it was on XBLM.

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By OldGuy

Nope. I believe it was taken down around the time the HD version went live on Steam. I'm going to guess that it's because all the rights to that IP reverted to Double Fine and they are not an "approved" publisher in Microsofts definition of the term.

Get it on Steam. Or GoG.

qawsed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By qawsed

It was pulled a while back for reasons unknown. If you've bought it in the past you can still queue up the download from the Live website (My Account -> Purchase History -> Add to Queue).

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
    deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

It was licensing, but also it didn't even work. I own it, but it wouldn't actually run. I even contacted supported and they basically said sucks to be you.

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By OldGuy
    @wewantsthering said:

It was licensing, but also it didn't even work. I own it, but it wouldn't actually run. I even contacted supported and they basically said sucks to be you.

Weird. I'd also heard about troubles in certain levels (Milkman Conspiracy? I can't recall), but I didn't have a single hiccup (Jasper motherboard 360)...
    Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
    deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@OldGuy: It just wouldn't even launch the game properly for me. I have it on Steam now anyways, which is a much better way to play the game now. :-) 1080p + XB360 controller support = win.

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OldGuy
    @wewantsthering: Yep. I've got at least three copies of it around the house one boxed, (in the giant older games pile) the Xbox Originals download version and the Steam version... PC wins 2 to 1 (and in resolution and in running better too). :-)
    Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Jothel

So, I bought this a while ago but had to delete it for space. I wanted to play it again recently so searched for it on marketplace, saw it wasn't there. Then I went to my marketplace history to redownload it but then it told me that it's no longer available... so have I lost the ability to play the game and so wasted my money?

*edit* spoke to Microsoft, got a refund

DrFlapjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By DrFlapjack

It was put back on the marketplace last Friday (24th) , but every time I try to play I keep getting an error message. Hopefully I'll get a refund and get it on Steam like wewants thering.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.