Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Psychonauts

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Apr 19, 2005

Developed by Double Fine Productions, Psychonauts is a platforming action-adventure game in which players take on the role of Razputin, a young psychic out to thwart an evil plot to subvert the minds of other powerful psychics.

100%

Avatar image for thmanwithnoname
    thmanwithnoname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Edited By thmanwithnoname

Just got 100% on psychonauts. It's the first game I've ever done that on.

I'm feeling very proud of myself.

Avatar image for thmanwithnoname
    thmanwithnoname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By thmanwithnoname

Just got 100% on psychonauts. It's the first game I've ever done that on.

I'm feeling very proud of myself.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Seedofpower

Oh shit this games out on steam now.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Way to go, man. That's something I never did. Though, I think my percentage was probably pretty high.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By BisonHero

@Seedofpower: The game has actually been out on Steam for years. However, in the past couple weeks, they went back and updated it to add achievements and all the Steamworks features. Which is insanely rare for a game that came out prior to the current generation of consoles.

I happened to have just started playing the game for the first time a few days prior to the achievement update, so I ended up S-ranking the shit out of the game. Perhaps the least tedious S-rank ever, because the game has wall-to-wall funny writing, and the achievements actually make you find some hilarious, missable conversations/events that you might not otherwise think to look for.

kamton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kamton

How can i get the achievement "Mad Man - Witness Maloof's transformation" ??? And when?

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ravenlight

Congrats! Welcome to Giant Bomb!

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By BisonHero

@kamton said:

How can i get the achievement "Mad Man - Witness Maloof's transformation" ??? And when?

There are 3 sidestory events related to that one, I believe. They all involve Maloof becoming friends with Mikhail, the Russian kid.

• The first one takes place in the parking lot, where you will see Maloof sitting down by himself; I believe you can get this one right after partially doing the "Brain Tumbler Experiment" but before going into Agent Nein's brain. Walk up to him to trigger the cutscene.
    • The second one takes place right beside the log bridge, near the Geodesic Psychoisolation Chamber. I don't remember the exact timing of this one, but I believe you can get it either right before or right after going into Milla's brain. It's very hard to miss as long as you actually walk from Agent Nein's lab to see Milla (and then back again) instead of fast-traveling there. Walk anywhere near the two of them to trigger the cutscene.
    • The third one one takes place near the end of the game, once you have found Maloof's and Mikhail's brains and had them rebrained by Ford Cruller. You will see the two of them down in the parking lot. This one is available right up until the end of the game, as long as you've satisfied the previously mentioned condition. Walk up to them to trigger the cutscene.

If you don't want to remember the specific timing, you can just remember that the three cutscenes take place in "parking lot, log bridge, parking lot", and just keep revisiting those areas after you finish each level in the story (including each time you only partially complete the "Brain Tumbler Experiement" levels with Agent Nein).

palfrei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9  Edited By palfrei

Psychonauts is so much fun that it simple pushes you to achieve 100%

Kudos.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By project343

I think I know what my next gaming goal is...

To Steam! *rushes off*

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.