Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Portal

Franchise »

The Portal franchise is a series of games that involve creating portals to teleport the player and objects through various puzzles. It also exists within the same universe as the Half-Life series.

Intro to GLaDOS 101: A Professor's Decision to Teach Portal

• 106 results
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#101  Edited By Red

That's very cool. "Games as art" debate aside, Video Games offer a very unique mode of storytelling, allowing greater possibilities for exploration and world-building than any other medium.

mewarmo990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By mewarmo990

I am really glad that Giant Bomb is expanding on the editorial side of things. GiantBomb is now a site I visit regularly for the great articles, instead of just the entertaining Bombcast and Quick Looks. Just an excellent article, Patrick.

As for the article itself, I agree with Mr. Abbott's conservative take on using video games in his theatre lecture. Portal is a good entry point, providing good gameplay and discussion points without being too cerebral or wrapped up in narrative like some other games often suggested as "art" are. Though really, he should have expected that most college guys' gaming experience is mainly with Madden and Call of Duty... glad to see it was a success nonetheless.

zoozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#103  Edited By zoozilla

Guy seems like he would be a really sweet college professor.  I hope some of my college profs will be as cool.

brewster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#104  Edited By brewster

I always love article/things like this as it gives some of the gaming community a wake up call that a great proportion of the audience will only play a certain type of game (sports and COD) each year. And although they are gamers, they will have little knowledge outside of that narrow band of game

aidros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#105  Edited By aidros

Wow, as if Portal isn't cool enough, they also read The Watchmen  and watch Blade Runner. I wish they had GEC's like this at my school

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#106  Edited By vigorousjammer

not only did he play Portal in his class, he also showed Blade Runner and The Unforgiven.
    fucking awesome :-D

SolongWrex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#107  Edited By SolongWrex

I'm not used to seeing articles of this caliber on Giant Bomb. Nice work.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.