Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon

Franchise »

The Pokémon franchise has spawned numerous titles and spin-offs, spanning several generations of games and has an animated series that spans many seasons.

Pokémore

Avatar image for thelegendofluke
    TheLegendofLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Edited By TheLegendofLuke

I SEE YOU
     I SEE YOU

With Pokémon still going strong having just released Heart Gold and Soul Silver, updated DS versions of the 2nd generation games Gold and Silver (obvious, huh?), I figured now would be as good a time as any to make my demands for future Pokémon games.

I know you’re listening Nintendo, I’m on to you.

Hard and Long: I’m guessing that a large portion of people have seen the anime. In this Ash, or anyone for that matter, does not catch all of them. It is difficult to catch them. You’re lucky if you catch one of the rubbish pokémon that I’ve given up even wasting balls on. Future Pokémon games should recreate this. It should once again (like the first time you played) be rewarding to catch a Pidgey, or a Caterpie. It should basically be impossible to catch Legendary pokémon. In fact, the game should be able to judge skill and base whether you even get a legendary encounter on how good you are. The game should be days long. It kind of ruins the feel of the world that I can trek around this land in mere hours.

Online: Everyone playing the game should be connected. The trainers shouldn’t be random terrible AI that has 6 Metapods. I doubt any real trainer would ever have 6 Metapods. You would have to be retarded. It would make the game more challenging if every encounter was against (level friendly) human opponents. It would also make the game more rewarding if you come up against someone with an incredible team and through sheer determination and good tactics, beat them.

3D: Don’t get me wrong, the games look great in current form, but it’s been over 10 years and there still isn’t a full adventure in 3D?

Gore: The fighting should be brutal. All the original audience has grown up. A lot of them still play. Give them a bit of mayhem. Imagine walking into someone, getting out your Charizard and having it set their pokémon on fire, before using strength to rip it’s head off.

Get rid of the Master Ball: I can’t be the only one who just leaves the Master Ball well alone. I don’t want to use it, just in case I run into something which is even more difficult to catch. Besides, how am I supposed to choose which of the 80 legendary pokémon to use it on?

More options: So far the general story is that you are a child, going out into the world to catch them all, win every competition and become the champion. How about the option to become a gym leader? Or one of the Elite 4? Or a Poké Prof, helping out newer trainers, catching the starters so that you can send new people on their way? Obviously this would only work in the online setting.

Anyway, I can’t currently think of anything else, so I’m off to train up my squad of level 86 Metapods.

TheLegendofLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By TheLegendofLuke

I SEE YOU
     I SEE YOU

With Pokémon still going strong having just released Heart Gold and Soul Silver, updated DS versions of the 2nd generation games Gold and Silver (obvious, huh?), I figured now would be as good a time as any to make my demands for future Pokémon games.

I know you’re listening Nintendo, I’m on to you.

Hard and Long: I’m guessing that a large portion of people have seen the anime. In this Ash, or anyone for that matter, does not catch all of them. It is difficult to catch them. You’re lucky if you catch one of the rubbish pokémon that I’ve given up even wasting balls on. Future Pokémon games should recreate this. It should once again (like the first time you played) be rewarding to catch a Pidgey, or a Caterpie. It should basically be impossible to catch Legendary pokémon. In fact, the game should be able to judge skill and base whether you even get a legendary encounter on how good you are. The game should be days long. It kind of ruins the feel of the world that I can trek around this land in mere hours.

Online: Everyone playing the game should be connected. The trainers shouldn’t be random terrible AI that has 6 Metapods. I doubt any real trainer would ever have 6 Metapods. You would have to be retarded. It would make the game more challenging if every encounter was against (level friendly) human opponents. It would also make the game more rewarding if you come up against someone with an incredible team and through sheer determination and good tactics, beat them.

3D: Don’t get me wrong, the games look great in current form, but it’s been over 10 years and there still isn’t a full adventure in 3D?

Gore: The fighting should be brutal. All the original audience has grown up. A lot of them still play. Give them a bit of mayhem. Imagine walking into someone, getting out your Charizard and having it set their pokémon on fire, before using strength to rip it’s head off.

Get rid of the Master Ball: I can’t be the only one who just leaves the Master Ball well alone. I don’t want to use it, just in case I run into something which is even more difficult to catch. Besides, how am I supposed to choose which of the 80 legendary pokémon to use it on?

More options: So far the general story is that you are a child, going out into the world to catch them all, win every competition and become the champion. How about the option to become a gym leader? Or one of the Elite 4? Or a Poké Prof, helping out newer trainers, catching the starters so that you can send new people on their way? Obviously this would only work in the online setting.

Anyway, I can’t currently think of anything else, so I’m off to train up my squad of level 86 Metapods.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

I always use the Master Ball on Suicune, so problem solved.

Avatar image for organicalistic_
    Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Organicalistic_
    @TheLegendofLuke: 

You’re lucky if you catch one of the rubbish pokémon that I’ve given up even wasting balls on.

Lol, hahahaha, You get around quite a bit don't you. 

jk, lol

TheLegendofLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheLegendofLuke
    @TooWalrus: What about Entei, or Raikou, or Kyogre, etc?
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By toowalrus

Suicune was my favorite, when I used him I wanted to see the sparkly master ball animation, that's what I liked about it.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By hockeymask27

Um to be fair, the game came out before the anime. So the your points about it copying the show more, wouldn't make much sense. However you do bring up some valid points. I agree the cookie cutter story could use some change.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By ch13696

I think it is about time they come out with an MMO. Hell, Dragonball has one (only in Korea I think). They should make it at least make it like Eve. People have a choice to be whatever they want. Be a trainer, a Gym Leader, a police officer, and Pokemart counter person. Whatever.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @ch13696 said:
    " I think it is about time they come out with an MMO. Hell, Dragonball has one (only in Korea I think). They should make it at least make it like Eve. People have a choice to be whatever they want. Be a trainer, a Gym Leader, a police officer, and Pokemart counter person. Whatever. "
    Be part of team rocket? Or a professor? lol. One of those kids who sits in the corner of the pokemart with a gameboy just staring at the screen? 
    TheLegendofLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheLegendofLuke
    @Hockeymask27: Yeah, I know, but I was just making the point that in the anime it seems genuinely difficult to catch pokémon. Surely everyone having every legendary pokemon defeats the entire point of them being legendary/rare/whatever?
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @TheLegendofLuke said:
    " @Hockeymask27: Yeah, I know, but I was just making the point that in the anime it seems genuinely difficult to catch pokémon. Surely everyone having every legendary pokemon defeats the entire point of them being legendary/rare/whatever? "
    Ash never tried to catch anything. He is also a moron. 
    TheLegendofLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheLegendofLuke
    @The_Laughing_Man: I completely agree, terrible trainer. Team Gary 4 lyf.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By ch13696
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @ch13696 said:
    " I think it is about time they come out with an MMO. Hell, Dragonball has one (only in Korea I think). They should make it at least make it like Eve. People have a choice to be whatever they want. Be a trainer, a Gym Leader, a police officer, and Pokemart counter person. Whatever. "
    Be part of team rocket? Or a professor? lol. One of those kids who sits in the corner of the pokemart with a gameboy just staring at the screen?  "
    Damn I always wanted to be that kid. Is there anyway we can get a hold of Regie? We have to pitch an idea.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @ch13696 said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @ch13696 said:
    Be part of team rocket? Or a professor? lol. One of those kids who sits in the corner of the pokemart with a gameboy just staring at the screen?  "
    Damn I always wanted to be that kid. Is there anyway we can get a hold of Regie? We have to pitch an idea. "
    And make it all in sprite form. That way no worries about looks and just make the game massive lol.   

Or you could even be a pokemon! 
    tyxja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By tyxja

as great as these ideas are pokemon wont ever make a drastic change like this. Nintendo markets to everyone so the game will always be for kids just as much as it is for adults.

Minor changes they could make though that drive me nuts? 

-Watching a health bar replenish when you use a max potion on a high level pokemon. Shit sucks, make an option to have it be instant.

-Throwing a poke ball and not knowing if its going to work or not, I HATE having to sit through the animation of the ball diddling itself only to have it fail, put up a little indicator of how well the ball will work this time and have it work/not work right away.

-GET RID OF HM MOVES.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @tylerjacob said:
    " as great as these ideas are pokemon wont ever make a drastic change like this. Nintendo markets to everyone so the game will always be for kids just as much as it is for adults.  Minor changes they could make though that drive me nuts?   -Watching a health bar replenish when you use a max potion on a high level pokemon. Shit sucks, make an option to have it be instant.  -Throwing a poke ball and not knowing if its going to work or not, I HATE having to sit through the animation of the ball diddling itself only to have it fail, put up a little indicator of how well the ball will work this time and have it work/not work right away.  -GET RID OF HM MOVES. "
    I got a question..why..dont you just HOLD the pokeball closed? 
    tyxja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tyxja

because for some reason we have the technology to shrink life forms down into energy and store them in capsules, but we don't have the technology to imprison then against their will.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @tylerjacob said:
    " because for some reason we have the technology to shrink life forms down into energy and store them in capsules, but we don't have the technology to imprison then against their will. "
    My friend told me in the Japanese version of the anime all the pokemon are now robots or something..cause they died in battle or somthin? Course this is from my stoner friend. 
    tyxja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By tyxja

lmao. guessing he was fucking with you

TheLegendofLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheLegendofLuke
    @tylerjacob: Just hold B, man. It works. IT HAS TO WORK :(
    Nasos100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By Nasos100

isnt there some free 2 play pokemon MMO? with the popularity it has i think there may be one, not that ive heard anything. Theres even a Shin Megami Tensei MMO so i wouldnt be surprised if theres a pokemon one

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    tyxja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By tyxja
    @TheLegendofLuke said:
    " @tylerjacob: Just hold B, man. It works. IT HAS TO WORK :( "
    haha it's funny you said that because I still do it. Over the last decade it just stuck with me, it doesn't work but it just makes it feel like it works. 

Also I wish I was still in elementary school so I could tell everyone the new trick is to rub the touch screen SUPER fast to catch a pokemon without fail.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.