Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon

Concept »

Pokémon are creatures that inhabit the Pokémon universe and can be captured and trained for battle.

Which to get: Red, Blue or Yellow?

• 56 results
    alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

@paulmako: yeah, it is possible, but that pikachu has a unique ID or relevant code that makes it follow, gives it the digitised voice clips instead of the default cry and stops it evolving which other games don't recognise so it can be evolved. I never evolve my pikachu's anyway. Except on Blue when I was 8 years old.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

I don't know why you wouldn't get Yellow unless you have some specific nostalgia for Red or Blue. I had all six of the Gen I and II games so I'm not playing favorites here.

Also just catch a Mankey or Nidoran on Route 22 west of Viridian City and you'll shit on Brock. You should probably already be going that way anyway if you want to impact Gary's choice of Eevee evolution.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Get the version you grew up with.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I still have my og copy of blue so I'm getting blue. Squirtle is my fave.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@zombiepie: That's not a fair comparison with Pikachu vs the final evolved forms of the starters, and not their initial forms (that is, being compared vs Charmander, Bulbasaur and Squirtle).

Also, I reject your reality and substitute my own!

@alistercat: In Yellow, Butterfree gets a psychic move around level 12 I believe; I think it's either Confusion or Psybeam? While it's not a super effective move against them, at least it does full damage unlike the Normal-type moves you would otherwise have to struggle with. @captainkamikaze's suggestion of Double Kick is also good.

Richasliodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here is a cool Quiz Gamesrader did on Pokemon Games - http://www.gamesradar.com/are-you-pokemon-master-test-yourself-quiz/

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wchigo: Yep, Butterfree gets Confusion which is pretty good for the first few hours.

But I would definitely go for Nidoran/Nidorina and double kick. My Nidorina wrecked Brocks' face with it.

As for the thread itself, I would say Yellow. Already have a Charmeleon and Ivysaur rollin around with me.

Also a level 100 Gengar.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.