Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon Go

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Jul 06, 2016

Become the closest thing to an actual Pokémon Trainer in this augmented-reality mobile game based on the original Pokémon RPGs.

Pokemon Go taking over your city? (pics inside)

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By golguin

It's one thing to hear all the stuff about massive crowds playing Pokemon Go in local areas, but it's an entirely different thing when you're in the thick of it all. Last night there was a Pokemon Go event in my city and if the Facebook event page and my estimates are accurate that would be a couple THOUSAND people playing the game.

I know the downtown area in Riverside (I live here) and I've seen these sorts of crowds for the annual Festival of Lights, but that's for a city sponsored event. It's a bit surreal to see a similar number of people for a video game that just came out last week. I don't know the details about the organizational effort that went into this, but there were people playing music (small bands) and selling Pokemon Go merchandise out of what I can only assume is their own accord.

Has your city been taken over?

EDIT: Trying to arrange photos with text in a post is a nightmare.

No Caption Provided

The general event area was near that Flareon, but the active lures are a good indication of where people could be found.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The crowds felt pretty consistent throughout the start of the event on Friday (I was there from 7pm to 11pm).

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

People appeared to be placing their rare Pokemon in the nearby Gyms. With all the lures out it felt like encountering rare Pokemon was easy.

Crommi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That's so weird to see. In here, general perception is that it's just kids and occasional weirdos who play games in public.

gamenight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I can have no picture show so beautiful out here :) because my country only seem Zubat :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.