Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation VR

Accessory »

PlayStation VR, formerly known as Project Morpheus, is a virtual reality headset developed by Sony for the PlayStation 4.

Your first impressions of Playstation VR

• 108 results
    Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Any idea of what VR releases there are today.

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@marcsman: Sports Bar VR and Pixel Gear. Definitely get Sports Bar VR if you love dumb fun.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marc: I got Keep Talking or We All Explode. This could be the greatest couch co op of all time. Loved it............................

Totally sold on VR. Greatness awaits me.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

My PS4 didn't seem to know what to do with it and crashed twice now. It's not a heating thing; popped up with a software error message when I turned it back on both times

iPhone_Tyler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

A colleague brought his PSVR into work today; I got to fiddle with Job Simulator for 7-8 minutes. Overall the immersion, responsiveness, and visual fidelity seemed really great. It was super fun ~ though it left me feeling a bit wobbly for 30-40 minutes

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iphone_tyler: I got that wobbly feeling post VR after my first couple times using the Oculus. Never felt sick or anything ever, just a little light-headed once taking the headset off for a little bit. But after that, I feel like I have gotten used to VR and now have zero issues.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A colleague brought his PSVR into work today; I got to fiddle with Job Simulator for 7-8 minutes. Overall the immersion, responsiveness, and visual fidelity seemed really great. It was super fun ~ though it left me feeling a bit wobbly for 30-40 minutes

I think that feeling is because your mind thinks you are still inside VR, I remember the first few times after using my Vive I was sat down at my desk feeling as if I was still wearing the headset, expecting my hands to be the controllers. Surreal.

Avatar image for washablemarkers
    washablemarkers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally got a chance to hook up my unit today. So far my results have been mixed.

- This is my first experience with anything VR, so my hype level was super high. Alas, even though all the parts fit well together, I couldn't at first figure out how to actually fit the darn thing on my head. They're not super clear in the setup of how it's exactly supposed to feel. The unit itself is light and comfortable, yet I'm still constantly fidgeting with it to make things look better. It's pretty annoying. At it's worst, I can't get the sensation of VR at all. It just feels like I'm looking at a big screen, and I can see the seams where they're trying to trick me into thinking it's a three-dimensional space. Oddly enough, it's the same feeling I get during most 3D movies, where it's very difficult for me to separate the experience from knowing it isn't real.

- The last screen in the setup where you're supposed to adjust the headset so the text is readable just straight-up did not work for me. I assume it's a combination of the hardware, the poor camera quality, and my own vision, (I'm wearing glasses), but it was consistently blurry city. It looked awful. Not a great way to begin. Eventually I was able to get it to look OK, but the text wasn't 100% crisp. Even now, both in games and using the menus, I find the text quality to be pretty terrible overall.

- That being said, I eventually figured out I needed to rest the unit a little higher on my head than the setup implied. This more or less eliminated the gap between the bottom of the headset and my face, and made for a much better and more immersive experience.

- I watched the Ocean Floor demo and played through Robot Rescue, but VR as a concept finally clicked for me when I launched Danger Ball. I know there's a lot of room-sized air hockey games out there on other platforms, but this was my first one and woah, it just worked. It also helped that I turned down my TV volume and put on a pair of decent headphones. I don't know what sort of longevity this thing has, but it's my favorite game so far.

- Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the Headmaster demo. At first it worked fine, and then I must have gotten off-center because my hits were all going too sharply to the right. I was able to readjust a little, but I could never really get those targets, especially the ones off to the side. Too bad.

- Finally, the Thumper demo was intense, but it's one of those games I worry that I'll plateau at, since even the demo was starting to get too difficult for me.

Overall I have a lot of the same problems that they had on the stream and have been reported in this thread. For some reason I have to consistently shift my body to the left to feel like I have any sort of central view. This is with the camera placed directly at me, and I'm probably about four or five feet away. Lots of controller shaking when I'm staying still, but I haven't noticed that too much during actual gameplay. Now I'm just waiting for the Move controllers to finish charging and then I might hop back in to the virtual realm.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

FINALLY got to try it for half an hour or so. Complete VR newbie, not counting a computer show in 1996. Played the first two chapters of Rush of Blood.

I'm sold. It's certainly not perfect: for example, I thought people were exaggerating about pixelation on distant objects... if anything, they understated it. Pitch black looks kind of bad, too. I also had that problem with my left (virtual) wrist freaking out at times. But holy shit. The sheer *scale* of things, I think, is what really blew me away more than anything else. That and just being completely encased in a video game world. Both tough things to really capture with words.

I was also surprised at how well I handled the mental disconnect of movement, especially given how tired I was. My stomach lightly lurched here and there in the roller coaster sections, and I was staggering for a bit after taking the headset off, but I was expecting far worse.

In short: They should have sent a poet. I am in love with VR, and hopefully I can eventually put five hundo aside for it.

Strangestories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tried VR for the first time yesterday at a friend's place. It just felt...real gimicky. It didn't help that because of my glasses the screen couldn't get close enough to my face and it kinda looked like I was looking through goggles (I could see the black rubbery stuff in my peripheral vision). Also it was blurry as hell sometimes. Took me out of it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.