Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation VR

Accessory »

PlayStation VR, formerly known as Project Morpheus, is a virtual reality headset developed by Sony for the PlayStation 4.

What will come next for PSVR?

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Poll What will come next for PSVR? (19 votes)

NEW HEADSET 21%
    NEW CONTROLLER / move stick 79%

I'm interested in VR, and psvr is probably the one I'm going to end up getting. One of the things I'm concerned about is a need for a new headset in 2 years. I'm unsure how long a headset will last? I would love to see someone hack the psvr to PC before I ended up getting one too. In my list of things to buy :psvr, new TV, new PC.

• 
    monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

Two years? Meh, probably not that short. But there will be a PS5 -in my opinion- and that likely will come out in three years. Moreover, I think they will say the old PSVR will work with PS5, but that a new PSVR will come out soon. But soon will contingent on how much of a banger VR is for the industry at the time.

But that ASSUMES a lot.
    - It assumes VR even takes off that fast...or at all.
    - It assumes you would even care to upgrade
    - It assumes Sony would offer a newer headset while they are trying to get a new console out too

I'm of the opinion VR will last, but I think it will be a slower burn that they industry thought just two years ago. I think the ramp up of VR could take twice as long as was expected, so a much slower adoption and a much slower shift.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.