Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation VR

Accessory »

PlayStation VR, formerly known as Project Morpheus, is a virtual reality headset developed by Sony for the PlayStation 4.

Sony at Gamescom 2016

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

As reported by enemy website Gamespot, Sony is bringing a bunch of games to Gamescom 2016.

The list is as follows:

Playable Games at Sony's Gamescom Booth:

Games You Can "See" at Sony's Gamescom Booth:

There's a couple of standout titles. First of all, Hatsune Miku: VR Future Live is not something I think that was present at this year's E3. As far as I understand it, it's a separate mode that will be patched into Project Diva X. There is video of the thing from back in 2015, but I wonder if it has changed or evolved since then.

Secondly, the only two games on the list that doesn't have VR support announced yet is Titanfall 2 and Destiny: Rise of Iron. I'm not too sure about Destiny, but do you think Titanfall could have an exclusive VR mode for its PlayStation version? Between PSVR support for Resident Evil 7, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, it seems like a thing they are strongly betting on with multiple partnerships and an experience riding a Titanfall mech around in VR could potentially be pretty cool.

I guess we'll have to see what they'll announce at Gamescom.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I feel like whenever I see a list of VR games, the only thing I think is "Man, I can't wait to see Dan play (Hatsune Miku VR) on VRRodeo!".

I'm not too sure about Destiny, but do you think Titanfall could have an exclusive VR mode for its PlayStation version?

I mean, all they really need to do is put a 10 minute shooting gallery into the game to achieve that (seems to be what FFXV is doing, anyway). This stuff so far with "VR Experiences" kinda just reminds me of when PS4 games started having big "60 minutes of exclusive content!" stickers on the box.

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

@teddie: Considering how barebones Destiny already is, I bet it would just be a flythrough of an place as the Ghost.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.