Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation VR

Accessory »

PlayStation VR, formerly known as Project Morpheus, is a virtual reality headset developed by Sony for the PlayStation 4.

BestBuy is STILL accepting pre-orders...Jesus there are going to be a lot of pissed off people...

MakoTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I mean, I ordered it within the first 10 minutes on their site, but I am even skeptical that was fast enough. The fact that they are still accepting them near 24 hours later means they will undoubtedly have to cancel a whole slew of them to meet the proper shipping numbers. I feel really bad for those who get slammed with an "I'm sorry" email, but I also really can't wait to see the backlash. You F*CKED up BestBuy...

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

How on earth? That doesn't seem right at all. I really don't see Amazon blowing through their allotment of headsets in 10 minutes, and Best Buy somehow having enough product to last over 12 hours.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This sort of thread doesn't really belong on GB. The last part quoted below says it all really. Its kinda immature and not a productive conversation starter nor an interesting conversation to have. Its like courting controversy for the sake of controversy where it doesn't exist.

I also really can't wait to see the backlash. You F*CKED up BestBuy...

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Shindig

Does it matter? They don't charge til the goods are dispatched, right? And you can still cancel up until dispatch.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@shindig said:

Does it matter? They don't charge til the goods are dispatched, right? And you can still cancel up until dispatch.

It matters since it might lead a lot of people to assume they're locked in for PS VR and thus pass up future opportunities to pre-order it from other retailers.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@rebel_scum said:

This sort of thread doesn't really belong on GB. The last part quoted below says it all really. Its kinda immature and not a productive conversation starter nor an interesting conversation to have. Its like courting controversy for the sake of controversy where it doesn't exist.

@vegetashonor said:

I also really can't wait to see the backlash. You F*CKED up BestBuy...

You may not think "major retailer is going to potentially disappoint thousands of customers by likely canceling their pre-orders" is an interesting conversation to have, but I do. And if it is true, Best Buy is courting their own controversy, IMO.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

This sort of thread doesn't really belong on GB.

It's fine. In the future if you think a topic presents some kind of problem or is inappropriate, please simply flag it or use the PM All Mods button found on the right column of the forums and we'll take a look at it.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ripelivejam

Thought i remember them doing this with a special edition of some game. Also didnt they do this with the majoras mask new 3ds?

JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ripelivejam: I know they did it with Fire Emblem Fates SE. They were selling copies of it right up to release even though everywhere else was sold out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.