Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Home

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Dec 11, 2008

PlayStation Home was a social games network where PSN users could play games and socialize. Home saw a refocus in Fall 2011 in North America and Europe that put more emphasis on games than social spaces.

Is HOME still failing hard?

• 69 results
    Jinto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Jinto

I actually went on Home a couple of days ago since the launch of the shitty beta and just spent the majority of my time telling people to purchase an Xbox 360 for $199.99!. That and pretending I was giving out Killzone 2 beta keys. Other then that it's full of e-rapists.

Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Kratos81

If people have any kind of a real life they shouldnt really care about home. I never saw what was cool or good about the concept from the beginning. 

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By TwoOneFive

still failing hard??

it is still in beta, almost no developers have implemented their stuff yet, and we all know EA's Home place is going to be a big hit with all the ranked poker tables. 

so is it still failing hard? no man, it hasn't even had the chance to fail yet, its still in beta and has the barebones features.  within a year i think many people will have changed their minds about home. 
    Lieutenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Lieutenant
    TwoOneFive said:
    "still failing hard??

it is still in beta, almost no developers have implemented their stuff yet, and we all know EA's Home place is going to be a big hit with all the ranked poker tables. 

so is it still failing hard? no man, it hasn't even had the chance to fail yet, its still in beta and has the barebones features.  within a year i think many people will have changed their minds about home. 
    "
    Beta doesn't mean anything. Gmail is in beta and it's probably the best thing since sliced bread. It's just something for developers to fall back on for bugs.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#55  Edited By kush

I keep forgetting that Home is actually out now. I haven't touched it since the first few weeks and I can't say I've heard of anything they've added that would make me want to go back into Home.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tried it again last week and it is utter dogshit. I finally deleted it earlier today.

NukeGoBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By NukeGoBoom

I have a fat dude with pink spiky hair with a sleeveless shirt and tight pants running around acting like a pedo and troll silly teenagers while they go mad.
    Its the most fun you can have with HOME.Though its nice seeing that PULSE show and streamed videos on billboards and some areas are interesting (RE one looks incwedible).Its decent but as a gamer i dont want to come back to it.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By Wolverine

The problem with home is that it has no purpose. It would be cool if it was modeled after a real city or something but it isn't. It is just this weird pointless place where you can dance.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By Hexpane
    Wolverine said:
    "The problem with home is that it has no purpose. It would be cool if it was modeled after a real city or something but it isn't. It is just this weird pointless place where you can dance."
    And get virtually, orally, raped!
    penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By penguindust

I visit HOME about once a month or so.  I log in, redownload all the stuff, walk around to see if anything has changed, dance by the fountain, sit in the theater waiting for the latest trailer to download, check out the new clothes I won't ever buy, then I leave.  There is not much to HOME.  I hear people say it's getting better, but I don't see it.  I have hope, but I doubt it will ever be anything interesting.  What works for MMOs, as far as the social aspect, is that there is a reason for people to talk with each other, work together, and hang out.  There is no reason in HOME.   What works in social networks like Facebook and MySpace is the people can go into detail about their likes and experiences, as well as, chain off from each other to forge new relationships.  In HOME you are isolated and limited.  Communication is slow and identity is generic.  On Second Life, it's the after market that makes the virtual space entertaining.  People can be whatever they want (no matter how twisted) and build what they want.  HOME has few options, and what options it does have are strictly regulated by Sony.  I'm not really sure, considering the narrow scope of the project as it exists today, what purpose HOME is supposed to serve.

MadMatr07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61  Edited By MadMatr07

My main problem with Home is that I don't understand the purpose of it. There's no real game to it, yet they want to sell you stuff. So they want to sell you stuff to do nothing with? Then again maybe it's like a satire on the consumerism of human life and that none of it means anything.....

MC_Izawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By MC_Izawa

The Furry community is thriving.

Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#63  Edited By Keeng

Eh. It's social networking. It's a way to meet and communicate with people. Everything else in it is just there to give you something to do with those people you meet IF you don't want to play PS3 games with them. "Sucks ass" seems like an odd thing to say about something like that. I mean these forums are just here for us to talk to each other. They don't even have 3D avatars or live people to talk to but they don't "suck ass". 

brew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#64  Edited By brew

Home > GiantBomb's forums

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By crunchUK
    brew said:
    "Home > GiantBomb's forums "
    me > you
    killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By killdave

Lol with all the bad press I've yet to even try it ^

Sadaiyappan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Sadaiyappan

Home still has potential because they keep updating it.  If they had leaderboards and rankings for the chess and pool then I would log on more often and play it.  If I have extra money left over in my wallet then I usually spend it on home stuff.

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#68  Edited By RichardLOlson
    XBL is much better then HOME.
    twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#69  Edited By twenty0ne

I played Home for about ten minutes when I got my PS3, and haven't touched it since.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo
    RichardLOlson said:
    "XBL is much better then HOME.
    "
    XBL = PSN

Xbox doesn't have anything like HOME

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.