Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Which PS4 features do you want added the most?

• 53 results
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Poll Which PS4 features do you want added the most? (252 votes)

Notifications when friends come online 14%
    PS2 Classics 56%
    Folders 18%
    PS1 Classics 42%
    'Appear offline' mode 24%
    Hide / remove items from library 22%
    Delete items from your library 12%
    Filtering options in game libraries 16%
    Custom backgrounds 13%
    Store wish list 12%
    Increase max no. of people in a party 4%
    Change PSN ID 37%
    None of these 6%

Apparently, there was recently an invite only PlayStation survey that included these options:

No Caption Provided

With this in mind, I thought I'd pose the question here. I removed the avatars on PS4 answer, because they recently added that feature.

• 
    Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I want a magnifying glass the scales down the UI so I can see more than 4 trophies per screen length on my TV, or see more than 5 time on my friends list at a time. I get that it's a console interface but is it made for legally blind people why is everything so bloated?

jigenese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

There's a lot of good features on this list that I wished were on the PS4, but for me personally, I want the ability to appear offline. I'm friends on PSN with some of my employees. Sometimes I don't want them to know that I'm just kicking it at home playing games. haha

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

A healthy dose of PS1 and PS2 games for a low price would be something that'd make me fiddle around with my PS4 again.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Humanity

@jigenese: Man, friending your coworkers or your boss is the biggest mistake you can make. I remember one of my past bosses that I was kind of cool with for a while wanted me to friend him on 360 and I learned my lesson from that. Nothing worse than coming in after a sick day and having to explain why you were playing Gears instead of being sick or something - there are some boundaries you want to keep.

ehbunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I voted for the ps1 and 2 classics as well as a notification to tell me when a friend signs online...even better if they allowed you to pick and choose the friends it notifies you of.

It is the ONLY thing I miss from my 360, being able to play a game and then see when my friend had signed on without having to keep checking to see if they had signed on yet

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I can't decide between name change and classics. I might have to with the name change simply because I don't have much faith in Sony to handle the whole classics thing any better than they have before.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#7 sweep  Moderator

None of the above. I want to be able to sort my friends list into groups. I have too many randoms from r/fireteams cluttering up my friends list and I don't want to accidentally remove someone I know by mistake when I'm purging. Being able to message a whole group (let's continue with the Destiny theme for this example) and be able to say "Anyone want to raid right now?" would also be really useful.

I would have said the ID change but I bit the bullet when I transitioned over from PS3 and just made a new account.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sweep said:

None of the above. I want to be able to sort my friends list into groups. I have too many randoms from r/fireteams cluttering up my friends list and I don't want to accidentally remove someone I know by mistake when I'm purging. Being able to message a whole group (let's continue with the Destiny theme for this example) and be able to say "Anyone want to raid right now?" would also be really useful.

I would have said the ID change but I bit the bullet when I transitioned over from PS3 and just made a new account.

Have you not turned on your PS4 in a while or something? They added a group friends feature in the last update, and both that and the community feature will let you message everyone at once. Don't think either would help with friends list purges, though, unless you write down the names of people in various groups as a way of making sure you don't delete them.

As a group, you can directly message everyone, and as a community everyone will get a "there are new posts to such and such community" message whenever you post a message on the community wall. It works really well.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does my opinion matter if I don't have a PS4? In all honesty, the only way in which I see myself getting a PS4 is if it suddenly introduced backwards compatibility or made the classics collection in Europe/Australia be not an incredibly stunted version of what Americans get.

LiamEyers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does my opinion matter if I don't have a PS4? In all honesty, the only way in which I see myself getting a PS4 is if it suddenly introduced backwards compatibility or made the classics collection in Europe/Australia be not an incredibly stunted version of what Americans get.

I have a PS4, and backwards compatability would be a lot more important to me than anything, or even everything, on that list.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Folders, good god the library is a pain in the ass.

blade_r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like backwards compatibility the most. I also would like it if every game I can buy/have bought on PS3, I could transfer over to or buy again on PS4. I mainly referring to Mortal Kombat: Arcade Kollection, I have it on PS3 but I would really like to have it on my PS4 as well, but for some reason its not available to purchase on PS4 :/

wallee321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Folders would be nice. External hard drive support would be my most wanted feature 2 terabytes drive is almost half way full.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r: The hardware in both the PS3 and PS4 are too different from each other. Games that work on both have to be built that way from the ground up or get remastered. They've been decent with some games in giving you them if you already owned them (Journey, Hotline Miami, Olli Olli to name a few) but something like the MK:Arcade Kollection would have to get a proper port which is going to cost money and the publishers might not see it as worth doing financially, especially to just give it to you for nothing on a different system.

blade_r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesus_phish: Good points, I didn't even know that. I would definitely purchase it for full price again on PS4, though im probably in the minority on that one lol

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r: It might end up on PS Now at some point if it's not already there. That's kind of their stop gap between the difficulty of getting PS3 games running on PS4, the only problem being it's an expensive way to play games long term. Also PS Now isn't available globally yet so it might not be of any use to you - I can't use it yet because it's not available in Ireland.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#18  Edited By liquiddragon

Most of this shit should've been implemented already. It's been 2 years since launch, we shouldn't be asked to pick and choose basic ass features.

@wallee321: yeah external hd support would be really nice though laptop hd limit will increase gradually.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS3 backwards comparability. I never owned a PS3 so I would love to play all the games I missed but I don't want to buy a PS3 just for that when I already own a PS4. Hell, just put PS3 games in the shop.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Folders if that is a way to implement pinning.

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS3 backward compatibility would be great. I doubt it'll happen, though. I'd also really like the ability to change my PSN name. Just leave the current one in your database as a key and let me change my display name, like Steam. You can charge money for it and put a cooldown - I don't care, just let me change it!

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Puchiko

Why would you want to delete items from your library? Wouldn't that remove the license so you would no longer own it? I can understand hiding stuff because you don't want your significant other or mom know you are playing creepy anime games.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bane122

Folders, more control over my library, and notifications when friends sign on are all things I'd love but more than anything, thought not necessarily a feature, I want two factor authentication. It blows my mind that Sony of all companies hasn't implemented it yet.

@puchiko: Deleting something doesn't take away the license for it.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bane122: @sergio: @wallee321: @corvak:

For all you saying that you'd like a folders feature, I assume that you want that as an easier way to find your games. If that's the case, you do all know that you can use voice commands to instantly start any game on your system, right?

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@bane122: @sergio: @wallee321: @corvak:

For all you saying that you'd like a folders feature, I assume that you want that as an easier way to find your games. If that's the case, you do all know that you can use voice commands to instantly start any game on your system, right?

No, its to hid the stupid bloat ware I can't uninstall.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26  Edited By Justin258

From what I've seen of the PS4's UI, it's on par with the Xbox One's. Which is to say that it's a terrible, atrocious fucking mess that I really just want to clean up. I want the Blades and/or the XMB to make a comeback.

But I'd pass on a UI upgrade if it meant I could put my PS2 games in my PS4 and play them.

IamTerics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Classics and Folders for me. Classics would give me one extra reason not to have my PS3 plugged in. Also Folders would do wonders.

jigenese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@humanity: You're right. When I friended them, they were all my co-workers and there weren't any problems. Then I got a promotion and now I'm their boss. Sucks now. Funny how something like that can change the way you perceive someone... Either way, sometimes it's nice to just sit down and play some games at a strange time without anyone knowing.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Classics or ideally backwards compatibility.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Ps1/2 emulators would be cool, but I'm not going to pretend like they'll be these game changing additions. The only huge issues I have with ps4 is not being able to delete games I no longer have from my library, and not being able to change my dumb psn name

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll just keep picking "psn name change" for these things 'till that gets implented.

Takoyaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Username changing, custom sorting of games instead of just last played to the front and being able to delete things from the library.

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Guys, PS3 backwards compatibility is a pipe dream, the architectures are SO different. It's many orders of magnitude harder to do than it is on Xbox, so you guys shouldn't hold out hope for that. It's not gonna happen.

Username changing and being able to selectively remove the "Your friend has joined a party!" notification, for me.

Jaymii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A more robust Media Player would be my dream, by far.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Folders and some type of search feature for purchased games. I shouldn't have to scroll past a bunch of PSP games I bought in 05 to download a PS4 game.

ToastMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Secret Option number 13: Replace the 'Confirm' button from O to X on the Playstation main menus. Stupid Japanese console... :(

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i just want a better way to organize my games.

Substance_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fact they don't have PS1 and PS2 Classics already is seriously hurting them. Every time I visit my local video game store, one of the employees has to explain to a customer that the PS4 doesn't play previous gen games and that PS Now DOES play some PS3 games, but not PS2 and PS1 games...I feel so bad for those guys. They must have to go through that routine 20-30 times a day. The only reason Sony is putting that off is to avoid the R&D cost of programming the backwards compatibility.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even though I voted for PS2 and PS1 classics, I really wish they had some sort of backwards compatibility for ps3 games like with the xbox one. I just don't see myself ever paying for a service just to play games I already own. Also I would really love to change my PSN ID name since I feel it's really dated and not something that I would choose to have presently. I would probably enjoy more PS2 classic games than PS1. Really for PS1 I would wish they had the whole library of games to pick from or at least have some that are in the Japanese store make it to the American one. For instance, Einhander for whatever reason can only be purchased if you have a PS3 that's registered for Japan...

Calmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS3 backwards compatibility...PS2 games would be nice as well.

RuthLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I voted None because I really just want a solution for the controller LED light to be turned off instead of draining my battery in 4 hours even at the lowest level.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't care about any of that stuff, but I'd love external HDD support. I know it's easy to replace the internal drive, but it's even easier to plug in a USB drive, and I can have more than one of those. I end up buying discs on PS4 more often than not because I'm out of space and I have a bandwidth cap so I can't just download a 50GB game again whenever I want. At least with the disc I'll just have to re-download a few patches. This is not a problem on the Xbox since I have a 2TB external and the 500GB internal, so even with all of my games installed it's only about half full.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For those asking about PS2 emulation...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-hands-on-with-ps4-playstation2-emulation

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

Backwards compatibility certainly would be highest priority for me, but at the very least they should make the PS1 and PS2 Classics that are on PSN available to PS4 users.

Apart from that, I'd say Store Wishlist. Nintendo have had that for quite a while

Oh, and I heard that PS4 still can't reliably output in Stereo, which is incredibly silly and something they should've fixed years ago.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Classics would be nice, and folders too.

That's all I could even come close to giving a shit about but even then, meh. I'm a console collector. All my machines are hooked up in a beautiful/horrifying marriage of TVs and cables. If they were classic gems and not the same 50 super popular games that would be exciting.

I don't need a name change but I know I have friends who would like that.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Devil240Z

Even if backwards compatibility required an additional piece of hard ware(a console needs to finally use one of those expansion ports they keep putting on systems) or a paid download I would pay for it. I would pay $100 for PS1/2 BC or more for full BC.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I just want game sorting, game folders, and game hiding off the bar.

We are NOT going to get Backwards compatibility.
    We are NOT going to get PSN ID changing
    We are NOT going to get other crazy pipe-dream stuff

People keep asking and hoping for stuff Sony has been solidly against, so there is little point in hoping/wishing for them. Ask all you want, the answer will still be "No."

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Devil240Z

@friendlyphoenix said:

I just want PS1/PS2 Classics support. It's especially frustrating that they haven't said anything since the PS4 now has a PS2 emulator that works really fucking well.

That makes me more hopeful. I mean with that and other stuff also mentioned in the video it seems like PS1/2 Classics will come for sure maybe at PSX. I just wonder if the trophy support is holding it back since that is at least some extra work that needs to be done for every title.

It just sucks that even if they do downloadable classics I will probably never get to play the games I actually want to play since they're all fairly obscure titles.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.