Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pizza

Object » linked to 258 games

A popular Italian food that is often used in games to restore health as well as power up a character's stats.

Pizza Hut's Stuffed Crust

• 84 results
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@hatking said:

@spoonman671 said:

It's amazing to me that people even consider getting pizza from places like Pizza Hut or Dominoes. Are there no real pizzerias in most parts of the country? I get pizza at places called Luigi's, or Lorenzo's, or Portofino, or Rodolfo's. If any of these guys moved out into other parts of the country, they would probably be millionaires.

To give these chains some credit, I had Pizza Hut in Beijing and it was pretty awesome. That was after a week or so of Chinese mystery meals though.

I don't know, good pizza and bad pizza are like two totally different foods. Like a burger from Wendy's and a burger from some high end bar with craft beers, you know? They both have a time and a place. Typically, one of them is for when you're poor or drunk. Or, if you just are okay with feeling like a piece of garbage.

The flaw in that analogy is that there is a meaningful price/time-to-eat difference between Wendy's and your fancy restaurant burger. Pizza all costs roughly the same and takes just as long no matter where you order from, so why would one opt for the inferior pizza product? The one exception being Little Caesar's pizza. I admit to indulging in a $5 hot-and-ready once or twice when I was in rush, needed food inside me and happened to be driving past.

That's definitely not true. I mentioned somewhere on here that I got a large three topping, a two liter of soda, bread sticks, and cinnamon stick things, all delivered to my apartment for less than it would have cost me to go pick up a large one topping at the good local place. I mean, I used deals/coupons, but still. Also, I ordered from my Xbox 360. I CAN'T VIDEO GAME MYSELF A PIZZA FROM THE LOCAL PLACE.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatking said:

@spoonman671 said:

@hatking said:

@spoonman671 said:

It's amazing to me that people even consider getting pizza from places like Pizza Hut or Dominoes. Are there no real pizzerias in most parts of the country? I get pizza at places called Luigi's, or Lorenzo's, or Portofino, or Rodolfo's. If any of these guys moved out into other parts of the country, they would probably be millionaires.

To give these chains some credit, I had Pizza Hut in Beijing and it was pretty awesome. That was after a week or so of Chinese mystery meals though.

I don't know, good pizza and bad pizza are like two totally different foods. Like a burger from Wendy's and a burger from some high end bar with craft beers, you know? They both have a time and a place. Typically, one of them is for when you're poor or drunk. Or, if you just are okay with feeling like a piece of garbage.

The flaw in that analogy is that there is a meaningful price/time-to-eat difference between Wendy's and your fancy restaurant burger. Pizza all costs roughly the same and takes just as long no matter where you order from, so why would one opt for the inferior pizza product? The one exception being Little Caesar's pizza. I admit to indulging in a $5 hot-and-ready once or twice when I was in rush, needed food inside me and happened to be driving past.

That's definitely not true. I mentioned somewhere on here that I got a large three topping, a two liter of soda, bread sticks, and cinnamon stick things, all delivered to my apartment for less than it would have cost me to go pick up a large one topping at the good local place. I mean, I used deals/coupons, but still. Also, I ordered from my Xbox 360. I CAN'T VIDEO GAME MYSELF A PIZZA FROM THE LOCAL PLACE.

I don't know, man, I think you're feeding the same number of people with all that stuff as you would be if you just ordered good pizza.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By hatking

@spoonman671 said:

@hatking said:

@spoonman671 said:

@hatking said:

@spoonman671 said:

I don't know, man, I think you're feeding the same number of people with all that stuff as you would be if you just ordered good pizza.

Yep, one (me). The real reason probably had more to do with me not wanting to explain for the nth time to the local place that they have my name spelled incorrectly in their system. Pizza Hut let me order without speaking to anybody.

hanktherapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#54  Edited By hanktherapper

Digiorno's stuffed crust pizza is better than anything from Pizza Hut. That's kind of sad because Digiorno isn't that good either.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@hatking said:

t - the crust arguably being the one failure of the pizza -

ARGUABLE Indeed The crust is the best part!

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Oh wow. I'm sorry for you man, that is a shitty job. Now to be honest, there is an AMAZING local pizza place literally two blocks down the street from me, so Pizza Hut is very rarely a thing for me. But I must say, I am always surprised with the quality of my Pizza Hut pizza. Crust is always done well, perfect amount of sauce, cheese that oozes, the stuffed crust in particular is always rolled thick to an almost perfect tube, and golden brown.... Man, now I may have to order one just to show it off.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatking said:

The crust is so frivolous that some pizza doesn't even have it, and it's still considered pizza. Crust without the pizza is not pizza. It's just fucking bread. I'm not saying there aren't tiers of crust. Not all crust is created equal. There is some damn fine crust out there. But the variation stems from a desire to make the crust as good as the rest of the product. A feat that will never end in success.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Fuck Pizza Hut dude...it's right there with Little Caesar's and I don't even consider that actual pizza. Gross.

GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By GnaTSoL

Stuffed crust is my fav pizza hut pizza and second favorite pizza all time behind Papa johns original. Pizza hut pan pizza is a close third.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By devilzrule27

There is something so terrible about pizza hut pizza, specifically stuffed crust pizza, that makes me absolutely love it. It's the only chain pizza I'll eat. Being from the NY/NJ area I'm a pizza snob having been spoiled by some of the best pizzas available but Pizza Hut has managed to carve out a little place in my heart. A place that I can only assume is dead and empty inside.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By devilzrule27

@hatking said:

@evilsbane said:

@hatking said:

The crust is so frivolous that some pizza doesn't even have it, and it's still considered pizza. Crust without the pizza is not pizza. It's just fucking bread. I'm not saying there aren't tiers of crust. Not all crust is created equal. There is some damn fine crust out there. But the variation stems from a desire to make the crust as good as the rest of the product. A feat that will never end in success.

If you get a pizza with a bad crust then you have got a bad pizza. It's a complete package. Everything has to be good. And the thought of a pizza without a crust is criminal.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By forteexe21

I think US Pizza Hut just sucks. Both the stuff crusts in the Philippines and Middle East Asia doesnt have those problems.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#63  Edited By audioBusting

The only Pizza Hut stuffed crust I had a good experience with is the hot dog crust. Not sure if they still have those. Like some others said the photo in the OP just looks like it came from a bad Pizza Hut though.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@video_game_king said:

When will people learn that local pizzerias always have the best pizza?

Not everyone has the option of a good local pizzeria.

The local pizzerias in my area made "pizza" that was basically one giant flat oil stain. So no thanks, local pizzeria.

Killerfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if I just genuinely enjoy bad pizza, or if the pizza hut in the uk is better. I had Pizza Hut yesterday and it was great.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't know if I just genuinely enjoy bad pizza, or if the pizza hut in the uk is better. I had Pizza Hut yesterday and it was great.

Having been to a Pizza Hut in London, UK Pizza Hut is the way Pizza Hut used to be here. The one I went to was a sit-down restaurant a lot like we used to have over here. Ever since Pizza Hut in the US started closing down their sit-down restaurants, the quality has gone down. I still like Pizza Hut, but it definitely isn't anything like it used to be.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerfridge said:

Having been to a Pizza Hut in London, UK Pizza Hut is the way Pizza Hut used to be here. The one I went to was a sit-down restaurant a lot like we used to have over here. Ever since Pizza Hut in the US started closing down their sit-down restaurants, the quality has gone down. I still like Pizza Hut, but it definitely isn't anything like it used to be.

Yeah, I keep hearing that the quality is higher overseas. They know we'll shovel anything into our collective faces, so why not skimp on the quality and save some cash?

GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatking said:

@president_barackbar said:

@killerfridge said:

Yeah, I keep hearing that the quality is higher overseas. They know we'll shovel anything into our collective faces, so why not skimp on the quality and save some cash?

Well it's pretty bad in the Caribbeans. Tasteless even. Expensive as hell too. :S

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#69  Edited By big_jon

Pizza Hut makes the worst pizza.

Killerfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatking said:

@president_barackbar said:

@killerfridge said:

Huh, I've never seen a Pizza Hut that is just takeaway like Dominoes is. And I dunno man, McDonalds is pretty shitty here.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Hunkulese

@hatking: Are you a time traveller from the distant past?

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pizza Hut over in Europe is pretty fucking awesome though

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here it is straight up, I would eat a whole damn pizza if it was entirely made of stuffed crust. That being said I don't think I've eaten a Pizza Hut pizza in at least a decade.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If you are buying national chain pizza, you are already fucking up. It's fine to like their shit so long as you understand that what you are getting is shit.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@video_game_king said:

When will people learn that local pizzerias always have the best pizza?

True. Pizza chains have their place too though. Local places usually don't have a very big delivery radius, their hours can be weird, and they're more expensive. If quality were the only factor in a meal then McDonalds would go out of business. I love a couple of my local pizza joints, but sometimes Papa Johns is just a better idea. Also some local pizzerias suuuck. There's a place in my town who is sub Lil Caesars quality.

Best pizza shop in my vicinity is closed on Sunday and Monday. :( It's a mom & pop + i think maybe two part-time employees and one delivery guy.

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm more of a Pizza Pizza guy when I'm in the mood for pizza.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This is the best thread ever made. On the topic of Pizza Hut - the crazy crust cheesy crust or whatever they call it makes me feel disgusting when I eat it but it's kind of okay if you're in the mood for something SUPER terrible for you. It's got weird little rivulets of molten cheese & grease.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By monetarydread

Pizza hut has shitty pizza... that is the problem. As far as stuffed crust is concerned, I love it. I always throw away the crust on a pizza, and stuffing it with cheeze is the only way I actually eat the shit. The problem with stuffed crust pizza is that you have to buy Pizza Hut.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
    RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tycobb said:

I feel as though people don't understand that Pizza Hut used to be a great pizza. They used to have sit-in restaurants and the quality was there (20 years ago). It's been a long time since they were this way and are now just a shitty pickup/deliver only pizza with factory made pizza components.

Pizza Hut has had stuffed crust for over 15 years and it used to be good. My question is why are you not complaining on the fact that the cheese is the worst part of the stuffed crust pizza? It's not even the same cheese they use on the top of the pizza. At least it sure doesn't taste like it. I love mozzarella, but the cheese in the stuffed crust tasted like the string cheese version of mozzarella.

Pizza Hut nowadays is only one step above Little Caesars and most of the time I would choose Little Caesars so I can just take the pizza right now and get home.

Duder, I couldn't agree more with what you have typed. I have been telling people that for a few years now. All I get are blank stares. I still remember when Pizza Hut made quality pizzas. Those days are long gone.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By AMyggen

I approve of everything in this thread.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By hatking

Pizza hut has shitty pizza... that is the problem. As far as stuffed crust is concerned, I love it. I always throw away the crust on a pizza, and stuffing it with cheeze is the only way I actually eat the shit. The problem with stuffed crust pizza is that you have to buy Pizza Hut.

Finally. Somebody fucking gets it.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tycobb said:

I feel as though people don't understand that Pizza Hut used to be a great pizza. They used to have sit-in restaurants and the quality was there (20 years ago). It's been a long time since they were this way and are now just a shitty pickup/deliver only pizza with factory made pizza components.

Pizza Hut has had stuffed crust for over 15 years and it used to be good. My question is why are you not complaining on the fact that the cheese is the worst part of the stuffed crust pizza? It's not even the same cheese they use on the top of the pizza. At least it sure doesn't taste like it. I love mozzarella, but the cheese in the stuffed crust tasted like the string cheese version of mozzarella.

Pizza Hut nowadays is only one step above Little Caesars and most of the time I would choose Little Caesars so I can just take the pizza right now and get home.

Yeah, what he said. Plus they never even bothered putting a little bit of sauce in the crust. That should have made it a little better.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I liked their weird limited-run pizza with the crust that was essentially just cheesy bread, but they don't seem to have it anymore.

In any case, if I'm going to order bad chain pizza (and I am, because I live in Southeastern Idaho), 4/5 times it's Dominos, with some Papa John's and Papa Murphy's on occasion.

rickyyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By rickyyo

@csl316:

I agree with that. I like to call it consistency with some minor increase in quality.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.