Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Phantasy Star Online 2

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 04, 2012

Phantasy Star Online 2 is a Japanese free-to-play online action-RPG which was released for PC in July 2012, and Vita in Feb 2013. The game was finally announced for a US release during E3 2019, for Xbox One and PC in 2020.

Warning: Gameguard issues after 8/15/12 patch

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

Apparently Gameguard is causing serious problems with people's PCs after last night's update. From bumped:

After Gameguard was updated on Monday, August 13th, players have reported that the game no longer starts, the mouse and keyboard no longer work properly, and how there are various major bugs outside of the game.

Sega would like to collect data related to this problem in order to investigate the cause of this malfunction. Please kindly send this information outlined below.

In your installation directory, look for a folder called “GameGuard”:

• Attach all .erl extension files and Dxdiag file. (You can generate a PSO2 Dxdiag file in the settings menu in the launcher.)
    • Compress all of these files into one file that takes up to 5MB of space.
    • Within the email write about the 「ご利用のセキュリティソフト」(Security Software) you use and the「不具合詳細」(Bugs) you’ve noted.
    • Send an email to pso2log@sega.co.jp

This email is only used for collecting information about this GameGuard update and can not reply to any inquiries.

Based on Twitter and BBS chatter the following issues have been reported by players:

• Your copy of Windows is no longer Genuine.
    • Blue Screens of Death on Game Start-up
    • Firefox and Chrome freezing.
    • Firefox freezing on pages that require Flash.
    • Keyboards malfunction.
    • Various essential Windows processes no longer responding.

I haven't updated my game yet because of this. And probably won't until it all gets sorted out. :(

DS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DS23

They rolled back this update a few days ago so it's safe to roll again. Those of us with 64 bit Windows 7 for an OS were unable to play at all for a few days!

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By jeff

I've been sort of sitting on the sidelines while this stuff gets sorted out. Maybe I'll give it another shot.

Great to see that they're finding new ways to demonstrate that GameGuard is still a complete piece of shit.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

I'm still waiting for an actual confirmation from Sega that the game won't break my PC. I'm still seeing mixed things about whether or not it actually works on Win 7 x64.

DS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DS23

They've put this update back up and it wreaks the same havoc that it did previously.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.