Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Phantasy Star Online 2

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 04, 2012

Phantasy Star Online 2 is a Japanese free-to-play online action-RPG which was released for PC in July 2012, and Vita in Feb 2013. The game was finally announced for a US release during E3 2019, for Xbox One and PC in 2020.

"No Plans to release Phantasy Star Nova in the west..."

Kaiosten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Kaiosten

This may have been the last strike on the Phantasy Star series coming over to other parts of the world, as SEGA West has officially announced at this time no plans whatsoever bringing Phantasy Star NOVA localized to the United States and Europe. This also means getting Phantasy Star Online 2 is in a "snowball's chance" of it ever coming out of Japan.

SEGA Addicts contacted SEGA of America about seeing NOVA having a Western release. SoA'sKellie Parker replied back, saying:

'"There are currently no plans to release Phantasy Star Nova in the western market. Should this change, we will ensure the information is shared as soon as possible."

Source: RadioSEGA

Guess I'll stop waiting and just play the Japanese version of PSO2 already... :'(

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

That sounds like the same story PSO2 has been getting for a while. "No current plans to bring it to the West, blah blah blah". They still haven't confirmed they have no intention of ever bringing it here, so this doesn't seem like much of an update.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Very disappointing and yet not surprising.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By csl316

Curses!

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

It's called Nova now?

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Hector

@video_game_king said:

It's called Nova now?

Nova is a separate title from PSO2. It has a multiplayer component to it, but it's mostly offline.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welcome to sega land guys! I just thank the gods Atlus is still its own separate entity.

TowerSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinjin977: My understanding is that hesitancy to localize PSO is nothing new and really can't be blamed on Sega. I wonder if the projected sale numbers are just bad- which wouldn't shock me.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Sadly, sounds about right.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By BlackLagoon

The game is still in early development. It's not really surprising that they're not making plans for a western release yet.

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like I need to import this one then, and wait for some one to make a guide for it.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

ಠ_ಠ

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

:/

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By NMC2008

When they first announced PSO 2 I was excited as hell but sadly the game is NEVER coming out over here and when they announced this one, I already was set for it not coming over as well, what's up with Sega not bringing this shit over?

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By shinjin977

@shinjin977: My understanding is that hesitancy to localize PSO is nothing new and really can't be blamed on Sega. I wonder if the projected sale numbers are just bad- which wouldn't shock me.

I live in asia most of the time so localization doesn't concern me but the recent Sega is nothing but a mobile/f2p company. My biggest concern is that trend rubbing off on one of the last competent (in my eyes) Japanese developer left in the field. Fortunately, it seems they intend to leave Atlus well enough alone........ for now.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

@soniku: Didn't they add English language shit just a little while ago into the Japanese version? I remember hearing something about comments on the forums saying they were still going to do the localization, so this makes me sad to hear...although not unexpected...because, ya know, Sega are fucking dickheads like that.

Nonetheless, the Japanese version is perfectly fine to play. Go download it and enjoy!

Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 43

This game was playable at PAX 2012 IN ENGLISH GODDAMNIT! Just teased us all is what they did.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.