Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 5

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 15, 2016

The sixth main iteration in the long-running Persona series, Persona 5 follows a group of high school students (and a cat) who moonlight as the Phantom Thieves, out to reform society one rotten adult at a time.

Persona 5 Discussion Thread

AlvaroFAraujo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@marino:

First Love that persona, but I dont like to over use the same persona through multiple runs. Second How did you manage to get all those repels. Third Can you solo the girls with that guy?

marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#852 marino  Staff

@marino:

First Love that persona, but I dont like to over use the same persona through multiple runs. Second How did you manage to get all those repels. Third Can you solo the girls with that guy?

That's the plan. I just need to level up some more in New Game+ to get to where it's feasible. I'm taking a break right now though. I can see the platinum at the end of the tunnel, but I was burning myself out after 130+ hours. I plan on going back after Horizon and maybe Nier.

As for how to make it, I mostly follow this guide.

No Caption Provided

AlvaroFAraujo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#853  Edited By AlvaroFAraujo

@marino Thanks for the pic. I might just do that during my 2ng NG+. Since im at the end of my 1st. Now that i have filled the compendium I can get them cheaper.

The only problem with this strat is that you might not be able to beat the ripper, since he usually spams life drain if you are alone.

EDIT: I beat them with my team, and the item she rewards you with just makes the game pretty easy, FYI

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone confirm that Ryuji is not accessible after 11/22? The guides say he is at the arcade after school but he never shows up. So looks like I won't be getting all social links maxed on my first playthrough thanks to him.

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the tip. Worked and got all my confidants maxed out!

@crommi said:

@puchiko: If you have opened up the next Palace, you may need to finish it before party members become available again. The game suggests that you shouldn't clear that Palace until you have everything sorted out and implies that it's a point-of-no-return, which is misleading because it totally isn't and you cannot do social linking with all party members until you clear it.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#857  Edited By monkeyking1969

The more I play the more I enjoy it...and I was thrilled the second it booted up.

EgonVonHolz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#858  Edited By EgonVonHolz

So after 105 hours I'm nearing the end of the game (I'm in the middle of the seventh dungeon) and I was wondering:

Are there any things you have to wrap up in your first playthrough so you can experience the additional ng+ content of the game such as raising all stats to max?

I did not unlock the third temperance ability in time so I won't be able to max all confidants and all of my stats in one playthrough. Is there anything I need to prioritize?

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@egonvonholz: I would say if youre not in a spot to max everyone's confidants: make sure you have one in a relationship status if you want to but otherwise just prioritize getting your stats up as much as possible for New Game+

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#860  Edited By TheBlue

@egonvonholz: If you can't max out all the confidants then definitely max as many as possible and ignore ones you know you can't max. Fortune is very useful. Otherwise just get those stats up as much as you can. Having Knowledge at 5 or at least halfway to 5 and everything else at least 4 will be very helpful in NG+. I wouldn't sweat it too much though, having any kind of head start in social stats is enough to make maxing everything in NG+ a breeze.

EgonVonHolz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey thanks for the replies @xanadu and @theblue! The only stats I've yet to max are guts and proficiency which are both at level 4. I also managed to get into a relationship with queen. So I guess if there are no stat checks requiring max guts/proficiency (giving Igor some back talk for example) at the start of ng+ I should be good to go?

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#862  Edited By TheBlue

@egonvonholz: Yeah, you're good. Having 4 in guts and proficiency will let you start Hanged Man way earlier and continue Emperor when it pulls the proficiency check. Other than dodging the chalk the teacher throws at you early on, I don't think there's anything that needs guts or proficiency maxed out at least until towards the end of the game.

EgonVonHolz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblue: Okay that's great to hear! Thanks again for your help!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.