Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

PC Gaming Hub - Let's Play Games Together

• 94 results
    mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By mosdl

@adam1808: You can post to our steam group and see if you can find any like-minded duders

BitterAlmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By BitterAlmond

I'd love to volunteer to be admin/co-ordinator/whatever for the GiantBomb TF2 team.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By mosdl

We are doing Quake Live today (the free, browser based version) at the hub (link to event). Come join us for some old-school fragging and bunny hopping!

DudeSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By DudeSupreme

Dang, missed the Quake action. Did enough people play to do it another time?

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By mosdl

Just Cause 2 MP is in open beta all weekend. Last time we met at this location and perhaps we should take over that island for good!

Xavtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By Xavtron

Hey guys I just joined the steam group, please add me, I can't wait to play some games with all of you

Absolute_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#57  Edited By Absolute_Zero

Next JC2MP beta test reminded me that I didn't upload these screenshots. Forgive Hub-Buddies! D:

Edit: Can't seem to embed the pictures, sowould you kindly(so witty) just go to the link?

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By SamStrife

Alright then Duders, this Saturday we’re going to be having some co-op fun on the Killing Floor. Grab your lever-action rifles, sharpen that katana and brush up on your cockney-english because we’ll be trying to brave the horde from around 4pm Eastern (9pm GMT, 1pm Pacific.)

No Caption Provided

Drop a post if you’re game and if any of you guys know any good missions, mods or levels let me know. I would be really grateful if anyone knew how to host a server with more than a 6 player limit.

Thanks guys, hope to see you there.

Etnos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Etnos

Hai there guys! who do I need to bother to get an invite ?

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#60  Edited By TobbRobb

@Etnos: Basically all you need to know is in the opening post.

sparkyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By sparkyal

Ok I never knew before that you could play actual gaming brands on the pc.

Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Akrid

the group is open, so just come right in! We discovered a bug where if you view the group through a web page while not signed in, it'll say it's a closed group. That is untrue. Maybe that's what you're experiencing?

@sparkyal: Crazy, right?

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By AlexW00d
    906T2-6ND6F-LPCHV
    Lemme know.
    Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Akrid

Here's another thing, 'cuz sure.

QA34N-NX449-KA7AF
    Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#65  Edited By Justin258

@Akrid said:

Here's another thing, 'cuz sure.

QA34N-NX449-KA7AF

...um... just to make sure, was that for just anyone to grab? Because I did and then I felt like I stole something...

Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Akrid

@believer258: Yep, for anyone who saw it. Hopefully you'll get some play out of it, haha.

Join us on the IRC or mumble sometime man, we'd love to have you!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#67  Edited By Justin258
    @Akrid

@believer258: Yep, for anyone who saw it. Hopefully you'll get some play out of it, haha.

Join us on the IRC or mumble sometime man, we'd love to have you!

I shall when classes end!
    survivorboy12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By survivorboy12

hi im new i dont know if this is the right thread to post in but i just wanted to introduce myself my name is survivorboy12 and im a very avid pc gamer if this is wrong please tell me nicely

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By mosdl

I'm thinking we should do a Chivalry night. Any date suggestions?

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The Chivalry tournament turned out pretty excellent if you ask me, even though I was taken out in the first bracket. At least I lost to the guy who won the whole thing. Our very own @rolyatkcinmai

Grand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am happy.

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Hey guys, did you know the Giant Bomb PC Gaming Hub Steam Community has well over 1000 members as of now? How special I feel to be a part of said community cannot be understated! Not only have they accepted little ol me with open arms and knowledge ready to spit, I now know just how little I know compared to my fellow people-not-from-America! This is like a mix of happy mistakes when I get on and hear 6 different accents at the same time praising me for what a great job I did in Dota 2, one of the friendliest gaming communities out there!
    If you want to be cool, get on that Giant Bomb Mumble and partake in one of our crazy trivia nights, the only time there is complete and total silence for a given time while a person reads a question! Join us for some awesome Cards Against Humanity nights, where we find out Brad isn't the only one with the dirty mind! Hang out as we try to figure out how exactly Dwarf Fortress works, or just where to find the perfect mining area in Eve Online, or discuss the latest happenings in that craaazzzzzy world of Wrastling!
    The decision is all yours!

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Subjugation

I may actually try to do stuff with this group now that I've taken the plunge and grabbed Arma III. That game .... man, that game is complicated.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subjugation said:

I may actually try to do stuff with this group now that I've taken the plunge and grabbed Arma III. That game .... man, that game is complicated.

We should have Arma 3 stuff going on every weekend (and usually every day the Europeans play it in the evenings with a few of us Americans who are around).

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Subjugation

@mosdl: Does the PCGH bother with Steam notifications for those events or is it just a set time that people know about? Also, would you guys lose it over someone who is still learning the ropes?

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Mister_V

@subjugation: There are notifications on the steam account, However i managed to get a game of ARMA3 yesterday by hanging out on the IRC channel/mumble. some of that stuff just happens when there is enough people around.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mosdl: Also, would you guys lose it over someone who is still learning the ropes?

Of course we wouldn't. More than anything, we're out to have fun. None of us have any problems what-so-ever with helping a new guy learn the ropes. Please jump in on Mumble or the IRC and have a chat/game with us.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't usually post our videos here, but I thought maybe I would start doing so. There are other gaming hub videos on both my profile and the gaming hub profile. Here's one that encompasses a fair amount of the last three weeks.

Loading Video...

Bicycle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Bicycle

Good Idea.

sully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By sully

This Saturday, August 31 at 4 PM EST, it'll be time to celebrate this week's ARMA 3 development build update with a little co-op gaming event! Make sure to prepare your PC by downloading and installing the development build by doing the following:

1. Right-click "Arma 3 Beta" in your Steam Library and select "Properties.

2. Click the "Betas" tab. Under the "Select the beta..." dropdown, select "development - Development Build".

3. Ignore the "Enter beta access code..." field and click the "Close" button. The development build of the game should start downloading after a few moments.

And that's not all - it's highly recommended that you find yourself a mic and join a dozen of us in voice chat on our Mumble server at mumble.giantbombing.com port 64738. The Mumble software is freeware and available for download at http://download.cnet.com/Mumble/3000-2150_4-10779248.html . People are actually on that server practically 24/7 in case you just want to hang out, too.

Note: I'll post an update as soon as server hosting details are available, so stay tuned for that.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@sully said:

This Saturday, August 31 at 4 PM EST, it'll be time to celebrate this week's ARMA 3 development build update with a little co-op gaming event! Make sure to prepare your PC by downloading and installing the development build by doing the following:

1. Right-click "Arma 3 Beta" in your Steam Library and select "Properties.

2. Click the "Betas" tab. Under the "Select the beta..." dropdown, select "development - Development Build".

3. Ignore the "Enter beta access code..." field and click the "Close" button. The development build of the game should start downloading after a few moments.

And that's not all - it's highly recommended that you find yourself a mic and join a dozen of us in voice chat on our Mumble server at mumble.giantbombing.com port 64738. The Mumble software is freeware and available for download at http://download.cnet.com/Mumble/3000-2150_4-10779248.html . People are actually on that server practically 24/7 in case you just want to hang out, too.

Note: I'll post an update as soon as server hosting details are available, so stay tuned for that.

I am all the way sad now, I'm out at football tomorrow :( Hopefully I'll be back by 9pm BST, I'll make sure to update my game in case.

johnbutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akrid said:

So What do We Play?

Well darn near every game under the sun! Things like Arma2, Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike, Battlefield 3, Starcraft II, Diablo III, , Company of Heroes, Shogun 2, Men of War, Red Orchestra 2, Minecraft, IL-2 Sturmovik, DayZ, Just Cause 2, All the MOBAs . . . Sometimes we even go for games of the non-video variety, with card games like Dominion or Cards Against Humanity! I’m sure you get the idea. We like the games.

how about Worms games series? Like my favorite Worms Armageddon? Don't you guys play here such an addictive game? Well, I'm just curios to know that:)

Thanks.

Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn! I haven't checked this thread in like 3 months! Sorry about that.

We're still very active on our mumble server, playing a variety of things, but we cut back on our events during the dry periods. Rest assured we still have plenty of folks ready and willing to put together game nights of whatever flavour that Giant Bomb's craving.

BF4 for instance! We're funding a server, but we need a few more donations to make it solid. If you like the idea of playing BF4 with a server full of nice, friendly people, then you may want to consider donating.

We'll be running plenty of events for the game, just as we did with BF3, so there'll be plenty of opportunities to jump in with fellow duders and have a good time.

Mageknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't been scheduling events because I have no idea what you guys are into at any given moment, to be honest. I have my weird interests, but whenever I talk about making events about that stuff I get a lukewarm response at best. However, I check my PMs and this thread constantly, so if you have suggestions about events you'd like to run you can send them my way and I'll see what I can do!

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

League of Legends! :D

xlab3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone here play any of the YGOPros? I wanna see how powerful you bombers are.

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone up for some Borderlands 2?
    If so, add me on Steam, same nic.

Grimmy616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#91  Edited By Grimmy616

We'll be playing Age of Empires HD Edition on Sunday the 29th of March if anyone is interested in joining. Looking to start at 8:30 PM GMT, 2:30 PM EST, 11:30 AM PST. Come on the mumble and join the fun :-)

aptos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this still a thing? If so, it would be cool if the Admins of this could create a Discord server for the general GiantBomb PC crowd and link to it in the OP. I used it at PAX in the PC free-play area this year and really liked it. It looks like there's a Heroes of the Storm GiantBomb Discord server, but it would be cool to have a more general PC one.

Thuggish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aptos: I agree with Aptos; could we get an 'official' discord server up and running?

Mageknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aptos@thuggish Yo! We're still going. The Mumble server is kind of a mess right now because it's kind of turned into our dumb little clubhouse (because people just stopped showing up at some point).but we definitely still exist. Same goes for the Steam group, but it's pretty quiet because, again, nobody showed up to anything we tried to run.

I've definitely seen Discord, but what does it bring to the table that Mumble doesn't have? At this point I'm going to have more "gaming voice programs" than anything else on my computer - Teamspeak, Mumble, Gamevox, etc. etc. I really don't want to go hopping from one hot program to the next!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@mageknight: Discord has text and voice across desktop apps, mobile apps, and browsers. Users don't even need to download anything to use it, they can just click a link and jump in right from their web browser. New people can join your Discord server just by having the link to get in.

It's the fastest, easiest voice client I have ever used. The first time I used it was to chat with some people playing Heroes of the Storm, and I was up and running in literally the amount of time it took me to click a link and for the page to load up in Chrome. At this point, if I was looking to set up a voice solution for something game-related, I can't imagine I would use anything other than Discord.

aptos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mageknight: @Mike has it right, Discord is a modern take on voice and text chat for games. I totally feel like I'm shilling for this company, but I really love the product. First of all, you don't need to install anything if you don't want to: it can run entirely through a browser with a single click. Furthermore, it uses the Opus codec, which is amazing. Then it backs that quality up with a bunch of really neat features like a modern UI (I think mumble/ventrilo really want us to be back in the 90s :P), free and easily manageable/configurable servers, @ mentions that will send push notifications to the user, simple invite links, and provides it all over web, desktop, and mobile. I did mention any and all servers are free, right? They have a bunch of advanced permissions configuration that can do things like set up a text channel for announcements, i.e. only a subset of users can send messages, but everyone can read, which will be made even cooler when they add bots that can scrape the web and post to text channels: imagine one that feeds GB crew's tweets or the latest news from GB.com into the discord server.

cindyvg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow! it's really cool .I would love to play in the hub

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.