Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pancake

Object » linked to 51 games

They come in many different flavors, such as blueberry, apple, chocolate chip, and the list goes on. Pancakes are often served with syrup and butter. In Scandinavia, they may be served with sugar, jam, or 'brown cheese'.

Exciting News From Your Friends At Giant Bomb

SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1401  Edited By SSValis

It's pretty amazing what they did though. They took a bad situation and made it 10 times better than it previously was. I mean going from 2007 to 2012.

I'm extremely skeptical about all of this though. I felt like they had such a good thing going. If they felt like the site needed to be sold in order to stay afloat, then I'm all for it. Even a watered down GB is better than no GB at all.

Like others have said, the biggest fear for me is two or three years down the road some exec saying, " Hey our revenue is down for two years straight....Do we really need two gaming sites?" The possibility of one day going on GB only to be directed to Gamespot seems rather real.

Only time will tell

MoistDadBod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1402  Edited By MoistDadBod

Woah, crazy!

Avatar image for vengefulgiblets
    VengefulGiblets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

/pops popcorn

This will end well. Very, very well - for us, not so much for you. You're on the train. We get to watch the sparks, the fire, and the explosions from a safe distance.

HeathCharnock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1404  Edited By HeathCharnock

I can't help think that the guys have sold out somehow to the big corporate animal that was Gamespot, the very reason I support the site is for it to keep growing as an independent and not go all PG13 with no swearing and all that crap that they left behind. I hope the integrity of there core vision remains the main driver of the site and content.

I wish the guys all the best and look forward to see how they develop the online world dude!

Xcessive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1405  Edited By Xcessive

@HeathCharnock: Watch the vids dude, the site will remain intact. Jeff would be the last person on earth to let anything bad happen to his site.

myslead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1406  Edited By myslead

so Tested.com was bought by Mythbusters

and Giantbomb by... Gamespot? ew to that.

awesome for tested.com though.

MichaelBach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#1407  Edited By MichaelBach

Awesome, looking forward to what this will do for E3 this year, should be bananas!

Xcessive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1408  Edited By Xcessive

@myslead: I'm the opposite right now, have you seen tested? or should i say Jamie and Adams Tested?

HeathCharnock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1409  Edited By HeathCharnock

Isn't there going to be a massive conflict of interest between GB and Gamespot? They are both sites about games, really don't see how it can work.

Tamaster92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1410  Edited By Tamaster92

Just my ten cents but after calming down I'm tenativly excited.

dvorak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1411  Edited By dvorak

@Tamaster92 said:

Just my ten cents but after calming down I'm tenativly excited.

I will have to second this. They got it infinitely better than Tested did, that's for damn sure.

Melos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1412  Edited By Melos

I spend a few months away from the site living in the real world and Giant Bomb explodes, tearing apart Whiskey Media. This may simply be a new beginning, but I hope the future isn't so big and bold that we humble fans vanish in its shadow. Also, some other clever metaphor that provides appropriate gravity to the situation.

forceman4077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1414  Edited By forceman4077

Im really going to miss the GB Tested crossovers :(

SAPDADDY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1415  Edited By SAPDADDY

I hope this changes alot of the mindset /tone of what gamespot has become, which is quite frankly dry and sterile, cause the site has never been the same since the "incident." The heart and soul left gamespot that day. Everyone rejoice, the mighty gamespot is back! Yes I am aware they are going to remain separate entities, but the heart and soul are powerful and influential things.

SAPDADDY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1416  Edited By SAPDADDY

Yeah that was kinda dry but Im drunk and emotional so fuck off

Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1417  Edited By Romination

@rebgav said:

@HeathCharnock said:

Isn't there going to be a massive conflict of interest between GB and Gamespot? They are both sites about games, really don't see how it can work.

Bethesda and id are both owned by ZeniMax and they both make games. Guess we should call Todd Howard and tell him that he's out of a job?

That's not exactly a good comparison. It's a little different with this because you have to work with exclusives and site interviews and things like that, but I'm sure they'll have something worked out.

Kosikutioner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1418  Edited By Kosikutioner

@HeathCharnock said:

You keep using that phrase, I do not think it means what you think it means.

A conflict of interest in gaming terms can occur, for example, when a site sells ads to a company whose game they are reviewing. Let's say Eidos. And Kane and Lynch... You get the idea.

One company buying a similar company is the opposite of a conflict of interest. McDonald's buying Burger King. Not a conflict. McDonalds buying Jenny Craig, conflict.

Mattf2312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1419  Edited By Mattf2312

Hey guys, anyone know what the site redesign is gonna be like if there is any? GB has a great, unified design; I just went over to gamespot, had it hitch up a few times as it tried to load some massive adds, generally it looks like shit. Wouldn't most of the site tools stay with Andy and the guys over at WM? This worries me almost as much as the creative control issue

DaStuph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1420  Edited By DaStuph

i felt a lot better about this announcement once i heard John Davison's name mentioned. John has great instincts and if he has any say over how giantbomb gets handled i'll sleep easier at night. When he was running 1up/EGM it was some of the best times for gaming coverage. The podcasts where every bit as lively and raw as the giantbombcast is today.

For me, i really hope theres no filter put on the crew when it comes to podcasts/videos and live presentations. Case in point, the feces throwing dicussion and the value of stepping out "with a handful of action" is the type of comedy gold i look forward to every week. Good times.

Osiris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1421  Edited By Osiris

I'm happy for you guys, I'm with you till the end!

Flaboere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1422  Edited By Flaboere

Wow, this thread is LONG! Was there a video made so far with the reason behind Jeff's firing from GS back then?

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#1424  Edited By Claude
    AngstOverlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1425  Edited By AngstOverlord

Limiting user freedom would be bad enough but limiting the guys for either sanitary or commercial reasons would just be abhorrent. After firings or 'disappearing' interns that would be my greatest legitimate concern. Yes, a conversation or two skips the bounds of good taste but a creepy little aside about pinup art straddling nosecones is entirely worth watching a bunch of grown men panic when an engine catches fire and whether this is pilot error or the result of strafing. I also think some of the best Quick Looks are for the worst games and though I can't see a publisher getting hell-bent in defense of The Oregon Trail... well...

I kind of meant to go Premium at the start of the month but was lured by the siren's song of Taito Memories II vol. 1 and 2. One membership wouldn't have made a bit of difference at this stage but I can't help but feel kind of guilty. All I wanted was Chase H.Q. and S.C.I. . All I wanted was some arcade action. Is that... so wrong..?

I sincerely hope that this buyout at least doesn't screw over the staff. I really do.

P.S.: Please remember to feed the interns.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1426  Edited By Branthog

@HeathCharnock said:

How about the conflict of interest between GiantBomb and Metacritic? (CBS owns both).

jOn0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#1427  Edited By jOn0

:(

KestrelPi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1428  Edited By KestrelPi

@Branthog: What conflict of interest? I don't see how it matters to Metacritic what scores sites give their games, they only exist to report the scores.

norcy_blarvest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1429  Edited By norcy_blarvest

I was conflicted at first, but after seeing how excited the GB crew seemed to be about it, I'm totally sold. More GiantBomb with better equipment and a better budget? Yes please!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#1430  Edited By Hailinel

@Branthog said:

@HeathCharnock said:

How about the conflict of interest between GiantBomb and Metacritic? (CBS owns both).

What?

The only relevant data passed between the two sites is Metacritic's use of Giant Bomb's scores in their scoring metrics.

idlehands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1431  Edited By idlehands

@Arx724 said:

@idlehands said:

I love how everybody is jumping to conclusion this is some kinda super bad news.

I liked the segments with the other Whiskey Media guys, so how is it not bad news in regards to that?

Eh, I was more commenting about people saying GiantBomb returning to Gamespot is bad karma and such. The departure of some of the other Whiskey Media guys is definitely to be missed, but life goes on, right?

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1432  Edited By Kevin_Cogneto

I'm really loving some of the descriptions of CBS that've been going on, you would think from the way some people were reacting that they were the evil corporation from RoboCop or something. "The vile and sinister CBS Corporation with their genetic splicing! Two and a Half Men? That's unnatural!"

plaintomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1433  Edited By plaintomato

So...as long as the moderators don't turn into zealots and assholes, leave that as a Gamespot/Gamefaqs thing please.

Mdk5631

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1434  Edited By Mdk5631

@Kevin_Cogneto: shows how stupid you are,

you OCP brainwashed fool

bmeason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1435  Edited By bmeason

I don't know if this has been asked... but look at tested.com - they got jacked. ABSOLUTELY jacked...... no user profiles, no blogs. Here's to hoping that Giant bomb didn't take THEIR deal because of that fact. Sad day to see Jamie and Adams's Tested... wtf!

advocatefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1436  Edited By advocatefish

HOLY...

roars5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1437  Edited By roars5000

Hey, all - yes, change is scary, but it seems to me that the simple reality is that Whiskey Media was liquidated and sold, site by site. These guys have been so great over the past couple years, let's trust their judgement with this one. In a "fight or flight" scenario, it seems like they have chosen to ink a good deal (from all the videos and tweets from the GB founders) with Gamespot to preserve the site and give them a bigger budget for more exciting projects. Let's all give them a chance and see how this plays out.

Now, with Tested.com...that's a different story.

Chemin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#1438  Edited By Chemin

Wait... WHAT?!

adsapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1439  Edited By adsapien
    rockhardalibi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1440  Edited By rockhardalibi

Man, I go out with food poisoning for a few days and wake up to utter madness. It was a great 5 year experiment. I hope it all works out.

...does this mean we can start sending in bizarre drinks again?

Archr5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1441  Edited By Archr5

I'm excited by all this. I'd love to see some more behind the scenes footage chronicling the transition, discovering the new recording spaces and whatnot. As much as the video game coverage is awesome, Just seeing these guys "in their natural habitat" is always entertaining. It's like Meerkat Manor... only.. you know... Brad doesn't wander off and get snatched up by a Falcon or anything.

BIG BO!

Avatar image for giantbombardier
    GiantBombardier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After 23 minutes into that video. I was sold.

I go away for two weeks and this is what happens?!

...speachless

mathkor89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1443  Edited By mathkor89

My purist views disagrees with this "merger", and so this is my comment BOOO etc. etc.

SuperRicePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1444  Edited By SuperRicePower

I love lamp

Mathematics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1445  Edited By Mathematics

That video marks the beginning of the end for this site. Its was fun while it lasted. Hope at least you guys got paid before you killed it.

Edit: I won't delete what I said, but I will say I said it rashly and the site has thrived since the CBSi move. I was wrong.

Artful__dodgeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1446  Edited By Artful__dodgeR

Ironically I finally bothered to sign up as everything changes. Oh well, ima have to ride this one out now :P

superkidsid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.