Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Onimusha

Franchise »

Capcom's Onimusha series tells the tale of samurai warriors, assisted by the ogres, who battle against legions of demons. The series is primarily a 3rd person action game, similar in ways to Devil May Cry, but has also spun off a few tactics and fighting games.

Anybody want to see a HD collection of this series?

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By liquiddragon

The first game really struck a cord with me and I feel like it's a pretty dope franchise that somehow people have forgotten about. The graphics were outta this world and it used real actors which gave the game an awesome action movie quality to it. The combat was old-school but super gruesome and satisfying too. I get that it's stuck between Resident Evil and Devil May Cry but I really think it has something special that those two brands don't. It has that B movie quality of both RE and DMC but the setting is grounded and makes the super natural shit light up in its own unique way.

Would you like to see Onimusha make a comeback or at least get the remaster treatment? What is it about this series that has cause it to become just a speck in people's memory?

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By dagas

I only played one of the Onimusha games it was Genma Onimusha which I believe was the XBOX port of the first Onimusha on PS2. For a long time I had only Halo to play on my XBOX and Onimusha was my second game. I don't remember much about it except for that you were a samurai and you suck in souls after you kill the enemies.

I don't remember it being all that great but it was what I had to play back then. My other consoles (PS1 and DC) were back home and I lived in a boarding school back then and could not easily get more games. I must have played Halo a billion times but I don't remember ever finishing Onimusha. I don't think I need an HD remake. Maybe just for nostalgia.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
    deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I agree! I love the Onimusha games and would love to see them remastered. I would also be interested in a remake / re-envisioning of the first game if they did something crazy with it like hazing it take place in the modern age or near future. Make it happen Capcom! The CG opening cinematic from Onimusha 3 still sticks with me to this day, so beautiful. Man I love those games.

...speaking of which I still haven't got my hands on that Onimusha smash bro's knock off... anyone remember that?

Avatar image for dancinginfernal
    dancinginfernal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

When I saw the HD DMC4,my mind immediately went there. I would love HD Onimusha!

I don't see it happening though. Unfortunately.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By liquiddragon

@therealmoot: oh no Onimusha Blade Warriors...I'm afraid that's part of the reason Onimusha has been put on the shelf...

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sure, I love the first 3 games. I'd really like a new one but I don't think Capcom makes games outside of Resident Evil, Street Fighter and Monster Hunter.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.