Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nolan North

Person » credited in 223 games

Nolan North is an American voice actor, known for both the quality and quantity of his roles, and is now a winner (and loser) of multiple "Northies" from giantbomb.com.

Nolan North in Starhawk?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

OK... so, there's been a bit of an unspoken dispute between me and someone else about whether Nolan North is in Starhawk. I personally am almost certain that he is, based on dialogue heard during the Giant Bomb quick look. Someone else is apparently equally as certain that he isn't, though - evidenced by how whenever I add Starhawk to the page, someone else persistently keeps removing it.

It's gotten stupid, with us both adding/removing the thing across maybe 10 minutes. Anywhoo, to elaborate on my speculation, here's the QL itself; the part where I'm almost certain you hear Nolan North talking is at 3:50.

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Wikitoups

Someone check the credits?

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Nolan North's nipple plays the titualr StarHawk sound effects. It's very versatile and is a hit at parties.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By N7

Psh, obviously not.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Yummylee

Well whoever it is took the bait...once again removed Starhawk off the list. So, what the fuck man? Get in here and make your case!

@Wikitoups said:

Someone check the credits?

I did do a few quick google/youtube searches, but I can't find an entire list.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By N7
    @Yummylee: ...Can't you check out the credits from the game itself? In the beta there was an option for it on the main menu, even though it didn't work.
    SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By SomeDeliCook

I think if it was him in Starhawk, we would easily be able to find it on Google.

Instead, the first two hits are this specific thread

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Yummylee

@N7 said:

@Yummylee: ...Can't you check out the credits from the game itself? In the beta there was an option for it on the main menu, even though it didn't work.

I don't have the game. But y'know what game I do have?... Resident Evil 5 >_>

@SomeDeliCook said:

I think if it was him in Starhawk, we would easily be able to find it on Google.

Instead, the first two hits are this specific thread

Well it's an exceptionally small role; the dialogue I pointed out could also be the only dialogue he has in the entire game. It may even be an uncredited role. But it sounds so much like Nolan during that QL, and more importantly, I want to know why whoever it is who keeps removing it off the list is apparently just as certain that he isn't in it.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By N7
    @Yummylee: My uncle traded the fudging game in without me knowing. He's had it for so long he thought it was his. He got an earful over that. :(
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Yummylee

OK, I guess someone be trollin' at this point, considering an entire page of Nolan North games has been removed now.

Wiseblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wiseblood

Starhawk voice credits:

No Caption Provided
    Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Karl_Boss

To add something to the wiki you need hard evidence, you can't go on "It sounds like him so it must be him".

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Yummylee

@Wiseblood: Well that settles that then. I was so damn certain, though... Whoever it is sounds an awful lot like the man during that one segment I pointed out in any case. I take it was you who kept removing it? I'm also going to assume it wasn't you who decided to randomly tear down all of his 2012 releases...

Wiseblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Wiseblood

@Yummylee said:

@Wiseblood: Well that settles that then. I was so damn certain, though... Whoever it is sounds an awful lot like the man during that one segment I pointed out in any case. I take it was you who kept removing it in any case? I'm also going to assume it wasn't you who decided to randomly tear down all of his 2012 releases...

All my edits were on the Starhawk credits page. I didn't touch his person page.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Karl_Boss

@Yummylee: It wasn't him (look at his site activity)....off-topic but why did you change your username?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Yummylee

@Unknown_Pleasures said:

To add something to the wiki you need hard evidence, you can't go on "It sounds like him so it must be him".

I'm usually pretty good with voices... Especially with the more distinct voice actors like, for example, Nolan North. But then of course I wasn't entirely certain, hence why I created this thread to find out what left (who I now know as) wiseblood so sure that he wasn't. Plus it should be noted that there were games on there that were currently unreleased; Sly 4, Hitman Absolution and Overstrike just to name a few. I imagine quite a lot of people simply rely on their own ears to determine who stars in what.

As for the name change: I got bored of Abyssfull. I had begun to think of it as a pretty crappy username a while ago... I've always liked Yummylee - so much so that it's my PSN-ID as well.

Wiseblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Wiseblood

I don't know what happened with the 2012 releases, but I re added a bunch of the missing credits he had using the google cache of his page. There might be a couple missing though (the cache is from May 4).

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Karl_Boss

@Yummylee: Well the lesson here is always wait for it to be concrete because you never know....if his appearance isn't confirmed in any of those games they should be deleted from his page.....also, what does Yummylee mean anyways?

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By N7
    @Unknown_Pleasures said:

@Yummylee: Well the lesson here is always wait for it to be concrete because you never know....if his appearance isn't confirmed in any of those games they should be deleted from his page.....also, what does Yummylee mean anyways?

It was the last words said to him by the first man he's ever killed.

That's right, Abyssfull. My name is Inigo Yummylee. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.