Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nolan North

Person » credited in 223 games

Nolan North is an American voice actor, known for both the quality and quantity of his roles, and is now a winner (and loser) of multiple "Northies" from giantbomb.com.

Anyone else get an email concerning Drake's Journal today?

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#1  Edited By sgtsphynx  Moderator

I got this today and I have one real big issue with what it is saying...

Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 8:56 AM

Hey Guys -

While finalizing the custom's paperwork for the hardback, collector's edition of UNCHARTED Drake's Journal we discovered that a few of you selected shipping for inside the United States.

See the following note that was on the store page of our website:

Shipping: Outside the United States. Outside the United States the shipping charge is very high. The best rate available is with USPS. USPS charges $22 to ship without a tracking number and $38 to ship with a tracking number. This is the cost USPS charges GameSpheres.com to ship the books. It is unlikely USPS will lose a shipment without a tracking number but there is no guarantee. The $38 shipping fee option provides a tracking number and insurance if the book is lost in transit. We have tried to come up with a more economical way to ship these collector’s books from our facility in the US and this is the best rate we can find. Shipping costs suck!

The books are sold out and your book is on hold until we know if you want to pay for the shipping costs.

If you want to purchase the book please do the following:

1) Click on this link to the store at GameSpheres: http://gamespheres.com/store/

2) Select either "Shipping without tracking" or "Shipping with tracking"

3) Place your order

We will cancel your original order with Paypal and the money will be refunded to your account.

If you do not want your copy please email us at this address and let us know you want to cancel your order.

The shipping costs are awful and we wish there was a better solution. Sorry. It's our actual cost to USPS.

Thanks

GameSpheres.com

I live in Florida and don't need international shipping. Am I misunderstanding what it is saying by thinking they are not going to be sending my copy to me unless I pay for international shipping to FLORIDA?

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By benjaebe

I ordered the hardcopy and I live in Vermont and got no such email. I know they were having difficulty with international orders though. Chances are you just got the email on accident or something, but I'm sure if you contacted them or even tweeted Nolan North they'd make sure everything was straight.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By zidd

I bought the iPad version and its pretty awesome.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By toowalrus

I got the email, I believe it's only concerning those who selected the cheap shipping option, then provided an international shipping address.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#5  Edited By sgtsphynx  Moderator

@TooWalrus: That still doesn't explain why I got the email, I live in Florida.

Rabid619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Rabid619

I got the email today but I bought from Canada. I know I payed the extra for shipping outside the states so I ended up replying with my receipt from them and my receipt paypal, so hopefully it'll work it self out.  

Kind of seems like it may have been a mistake on their part though, perhaps they just decided to do a mass email instead of picking and choosing?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By toowalrus

@SgtSphynx said:

@TooWalrus: That still doesn't explain why I got the email, I live in Florida.

I replied to the email and got a response today.

Christopher -
    Paypal merged a bunch of US customers into an international category. Sorry for confusion. Your order is fine as is.
    Thanks
    GameSpheres

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.