Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo Switch

Platform »

Nintendo's home console that can be turned into a portable device by removing it from its TV-dock. Launched worldwide on March 3, 2017.

No Miiverse or StreetPass!

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

So just read from Eurogamer that it's been confirmed that the Nintendo Switch will not feature either StreetPass or Miiverse. Now StreetPass I can sort of understand but I find the removal of Miiverse rather strange on Nintendo's part, as much due to the fact that in my personal opinion the Miiverse was one of the most charming positives about the Wii U. When I bought my Wii U I was pleasantly surprised by the community feel to the Miiverse. I didn't grow up a Nintendo kid but I loved how positive and happy the Miiverse felt, with Nintendo fans posting pictures and generally having fun showing off their gameplay experience, asking for help and so forth. Whereas both on Xbox One and PS4, the community feel is often a little to harsh and advertisement driven. Maybe that's just me, but knowing I'll have to use my crappy older iPhone which as battery issues to chat to friends for online play seems more trouble than its worth.

Who knows, we can hope they have some form of replacement but given its March release date I'd hoped to have heard something at the press conference. Still, the more I read about the Switch the more I worry. I like the concept a great deal, it's just Nintendo being Nintendo that makes me fear for the Switch. What do you lot think?

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Times they are, a changin'.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.