Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo Switch

Platform »

Nintendo's home console that can be turned into a portable device by removing it from its TV-dock. Launched worldwide on March 3, 2017.

Nintendo Switch Presentations Jan 12th and 13th

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By monkeyking1969

A Nintendo Switch Presentation will be live streamed on Nintendo.com and Nintendo.co.uk in North America and Europe. It will be broadcast in Japanese with English voice-overs. The Japanese official website Big-N announced this event, and now there is a confirmation for another event in the form of a Tree House presentation that will be more freely available on YouTube too.

The device is set to launch in March, so this will be two months before the launch meaning...you'd think...Nintendo will reveal a lot. I hope this takes the 'ball gags' out of publisher's mouths about what they are working-on and time frames for games. It really is about time consumer had a better idea about what they system will do and what it will be like.

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

@monkeyking1969: Amidst all the end of year stuff I almost forgot that the Switch press conference was around the corner. I'm with you that there needs to be a deluge of new information next week; either they announce a delay or they detail launch plans. In any case, I haven't been this excited about a new Nintendo console since the Gamecube. Next Thursday can't come soon enough.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Next week is going to be exciting. Getting one Day 1 for sure.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

4am in the morning... Guess I'll be reading about the Switch with breakfast then!

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

4am is both too early to wake for and too late to stay up for. But I'm interested in the following info blowout.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By MezZa

I'm hoping pre-orders go up after this announcement. I'd like to feel a bit more secure about actually getting one on launch day.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to buy this because I buy every Nintendo handheld, but I'm kinda tired of buying year one only to upgrade in a year.
    Like what I did with these lovely sytems....
    GB > GB Pocket > GB Colour
    GBA > GBA SP > GBA Micro
    DS > DS Lite > DSi > DSi XL
    3DS > N3DS XL

So unless this hits $250 (USD) I might hold off. Of course the availability of the Switch might be terrible so i might have to wait a year anyhow.

Vrikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking forward to running off to Amazon to pre-order this thing before they all get sold out. See you all at 4 am! I'll be at work anyway.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Breakfast and video game streams are always a good combo!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.