Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo Switch

Platform »

Nintendo's home console that can be turned into a portable device by removing it from its TV-dock. Launched worldwide on March 3, 2017.

I'm boarding the Nintendo Switch train

• 52 results
    kosayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By kosayn

I am extremely positive on Zelda following that latest trailer. Pretty positive on Mario too! Also encouraged about the battery life. Cautiously encouraged.

I'm not quite so positive on the first year of Switch though. I don't want the same old virtual console drip feed that doesn't even get through the popular roms by the time the system is dead. I would like to see at least some digital purchases from the WiiU or 3DS moving over. Maybe I'll wait for a bundle, even. Maybe I'll even hold out for one with more than 32 GB.

My WiiU still has a lot of gaming left to do, so I'm in no hurry. I haven't even touched #FE or Bayonetta yet. And I still meant to play Earthbound and Paper Mario through on the pad! I'd have gotten to these things sooner if the range on the otherwise satisfying pad wasn't so terrible. If Nintendo was like, everyone come to the new console, and bring your stuff with you, I'd be on board. So far I don't see anything like that in the messaging. I see a lot of repackaging and reselling for $70 CDN coming up.

I still need more convincing, so I'll wait and late adopt a Switch. I try to avoid preorders for anything but Dark Souls, whole numbered Playstations, and Personas. We really all should be skeptical of most preorder products, especially when you have to put down the full amount. That said, everyone has their thing, and I wish those who do preorder a Switch all the excitement in the world!

WeyounNumber6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm definitely in. That Zelda game at launch is absolutely enough to keep me busy for a long while. Super Mario Odyssey is a must play as well. This is my first ever console I've purchased at launch, I'm not getting any younger, not waiting around a year or two just to see how the system does. Those are factors that may be different for others. Just have concerns about the storage space after buying multiple TB drives for my Xbox One. And Nintendo needs to dump this garbage idea they have for what online is. Make a unified account system for people already. So, in, excited but there are issues.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.