Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo Switch

Platform »

Nintendo's home console that can be turned into a portable device by removing it from its TV-dock. Launched worldwide on March 3, 2017.

Happy 5th anniversary of the Nintendo Switch!

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GTxForza

Hello, Nintendo fans in the Giant Bomb forums!

Today, it's the 5th anniversary of the Nintendo Switch, (The initial launch date is March 3rd 2017).

One of the awesome features about this hybrid console is, it allows players to take it anywhere to play, either docked in or handheld mode and the Joy-Con reminds me a lot of Wiimote where players use it for motion controls for certain games such as Just Dance, Mario Party, etc.

I do really like its menu UI design, which is pretty easy to navigate through the games/apps, saved screenshots and much more!

Also, the library of games is incredible as well!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Bullshit, it just came out.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@gtxforza: Honestly just couldn't believe it's already been five years because it feels like yesterday, even though logically I know it's been that long.

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

In terms of form-factor and overall game library, it's one of the best consoles ever made IMO. Nintendo knocked it out of the park in the first year with heavy-hitters like Mario and Zelda, and the momentum never really ebbed with a steady diet of strong first-party games and loads of great indies and ports. It's so convenient to play on the couch while watching TV or listening to podcasts etc. At the end of the day I often don't feel like booting up the latest PS4 AAA, I just want to youtube and chill, and the Switch is perfect for that. I've played the same model I got at launch consistently across the years. It's probably the console I've played the most and definitely the one I've spent the most money on.

Now for the Switch 2, just do the same thing but better.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

The only thing that holds back the switch is there is no virtual console. That switch online membership does not cut it. They are leaving so much money on the table by not letting me just outright buy Earthbound, A Link to the Past or Super Metroid.

Otherwise it is a fantastic console with great games. I really love it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.