Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

New Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

Nintendo's "New 3DS" adds some additional control functionality and horsepower, allowing for some games that can only run on the new hardware, not on Nintendo's original 3DS.

Got my New 3DS - Ask Me Anything

• 60 results
    I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Have you gotten any comments from strangers when busting it outside in public?

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

@i_stay_puft said:

Have you gotten any comments from strangers when busting it outside in public?

I went to a Kotaku meetup last night at a bar and even the Nintendo rep said she was jealous because she couldn't get one. They were letting people try out the new 3DS but I got it that morning.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Do older games that used the circle pad pro recognize the little nub as one?

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By matatat

I'm trying to figure out if they might possibly make some more of the Majora's Mask 3DS. I called a Target that is like a block from my work (opens at 7) and they said they'll get some but there will most likely be people waiting in line for it and they're going to have a ticketing system for it. So chances of me getting up early enough to try and get one are pretty slim. I'm sure the plain versions will be easy enough to get so I'm not too worried about getting one of those.

It doesn't seem like they made more of the GC adapters for the Wii U so I'm thinking that they probably won't make more MM 3DS consoles either.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matatat: In the UK they relisted it on there store for second batch that would be made some time in March and that sold out pretty quickly. I don't know if there will be a second run in the US.

Jorbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm curious if anyone went from a 3DS to a New 3DS XL. That's what I'm going to do and it's purely because I couldn't play on the old 3DS without my hands cramping up and hurting after about 30 minutes. Did anyone have that problem with the 3DS and did a New 3DS XL (or a 3DS XL) fix that?

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunnington: I had that issue when I had a 3DS which is why I upgraded to the XL, and now to the new XL. It was much more comfortable in my hands with them being further apart and resting more naturally in my palms. Both XLs are the same size and shape so either should solve your issue. At least it did for me.

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Can it play 3DS games?

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By BasketSnake

I got a new white. Sturdy hinge and no dead pixels. I did however notice a VERY little scratch on the left side of the upper screen. It's barely noticeable unless you really look for it, like I did when I did a thorough check before transferring. When looking at it while playing it looks like a 30% dead pixel if that makes any sense. I also noticed an incredibly small scratch on the right side. This does nothing. They both line up with the bottom screen which tells me that the known issue of screen scratching may still be present. I never had this on my original ice white. It's a super tiny spot and doesn't get in the way of gaming at all so I kept the 3ds. Great feel, great 3d effect..I don't care about the other new features.

OH it's matte! NO FINGERPRINTS! It's great.

Jorbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got mine yesterday. I really like it compared to that old 3DS. The screen size is great, the 3D can actually stay on for longer than a minute without infuriating me, and overall I just love the design and feel of this thing. Also I can play for a long time without my hands cramping!

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunnington: Did you get the XL or regular? Like I said, XL fixed my hand cramps but since the new regular sized 3DS is slightly bigger that might help too.

Jorbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.