Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Need for Speed Rivals

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 15, 2013

A cross-gen open-world driving game set in a fictional Redview County.

better on XBOX 1 or PS4

ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So which one is the better version. I did some quick research both run at 1080, both are locked at 30, there is pop in in both and some background stuff may be worse in the XB1 version but the XB1 version has better shading apparently?

I want this game and I get my XB1 today. PS4 comes out here next week should I wait? I was hoping for a bit more of a comparison around the internets but apparently everyone is just a little too busy with all the console launch stuff to be really digging into that stuff.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By bigjeffrey
    • Both 1080p
    • Both 30fps with drops to 20fps... the framerate drop is a bug to be fixed in a patch.
    • Both uses the same assets and textures
    • PS4 "makes use of a bokeh depth-of-field effect to distinguish the foreground from a backdrop, noticed mainly during pre-race camera angles. It's a pleasant effect that recreates the results of real-life photograpy when a camera's aperture is reduced, causing distant lights to appear as enlarged luminous specs - a look that's entirely absent on Xbox One."
    • Xbone uses SSAO while PS4 HBAO

Pretty much comes down to which platform you prefer.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The differences are so microscopic that it doesn't truly matter. I'd say get it today. Have a hard time feeling you'll be disappointed in the slightest.

ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By ikilledthedj

Ill be getting it on XB1. Havent played a need for speed since pro street, haven't seen much about this but looks pretty cool.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

• Both 1080p
    • Both 30fps with drops to 20fps... the framerate drop is a bug to be fixed in a patch.
    • Both uses the same assets and textures
    • PS4 "makes use of a bokeh depth-of-field effect to distinguish the foreground from a backdrop, noticed mainly during pre-race camera angles. It's a pleasant effect that recreates the results of real-life photograpy when a camera's aperture is reduced, causing distant lights to appear as enlarged luminous specs - a look that's entirely absent on Xbox One."
    • Xbone uses SSAO while PS4 HBAO

Pretty much comes down to which platform you prefer.

PS4 version should be marginally prettier too if it has DoF and HBAO.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.