Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

Players cruise the streets of the city Fairhaven, evading the cops while working their way to the top of the most wanted street racers list in this open-street racing game from Criterion Games.

Most Wanted (PC) Stopped Working Online?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

I played the game up to yesterday night just fine. Wanted to fire it up just now, and it crashes upon loading into the gameworld every time I try. I did an integrity test, and Origin says the game is not corrupted. Oddly enough, it works just fine offline. If I try to reconnect from within the game, it crashes as well. Sent out a bunch of additional Friend Requests today, but that's it for changes from my side. Very odd.

Thus far, I didn't find anything googling this specific problem. Any of you run into the same thing? Any solutions at hand?

Devildoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Devildoll

yeah its happened to me a couple of times, i just shut the game off, quit origin, boot origin back up and try again

sometimes it dies after a couple of minutes, sometimes it lasts for 2-3 hours

but pretty much all of my online sessions have ended in a crash.

.... fucking origin.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Seppli

Managed to get it connected, after starting up the game in offline-mode. Crashed 10 minutes into the session.

Didn't have any such problems up to today. No clue on what's going wrong, other than that it's an online-related problem. So very odd.

Origin and autolog have been acting iffy eversince I got the game, but it didn't go as far as crashing the client everytime I'm loading into the game - that's new, and it's irritating. I want to play. *sniff -.-*

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Seppli

Jup - can log in from Origin offline-mode, then I reconnect Origin, connect to Autolog, play 10 minutes - and have a crash. Better than not playing at all, but damn...

Best idea just came to me now... twitter search for realtime chatter on this issue. Maybe even something straight from the devs.

Edit: Twitter came up with nothing but a 3rd party program to fix the game - from a hacking site - not going to risk it.

Edit 2: How the fuck does a game go from being perfectly fine, to crashing always? Without any clientside patches or anything? And how is it still working fine offline? What have they done to Origin or Autolog to fuck up my game experience so much? The issue is clearly serverside - and neither Origin nor Most Wanted nor Need for Speed's online presence are set-up to give us any info and feedback on what's going on. Grrr...

P.S. Just stared into BF3's sun glare for awhile, my eyes ache, and I'm angry. Yay!

Edit 3: Argh - this is unbearable. You'd think this online shit would resolve itself after a good night's sleep. Nope. You'd think somebody else would have had the same problems and written about it by now. Nope. Only good news, there's an official patch coming, and I pray my current issue is being resolved. I NEED TO PLAY THE FLIPPIN' GAME! My need for speed is overwhelming! Playing offline just lacks that smidgeon of magic that only can come from tagging Fairhaven with Walter White's ugly Apply Yourself mug. My dog-like tagging compulsion makes me connect to autolog and crash my client everytime. Argh!

T he Face of Online!!!
    T he Face of Online!!!

Edit 4: Autolog apparently becomes more and more hardware hungry, the more complete my postings are, and the more people are on my friendslist - and there's some kind of minor memory leaking involved with it too or something - causing longtime Most Wanted players to crash and burn their clients. Mine didn't even survive the initial log-in into autolog anymore.Setting the process priority in the taskmanager to 'high' lets me log-in again, but I still suffer from quite frequent crashes because of this issue. Such a pain, because Most Wanted's got its hooks into me real deep.

LackOfCTRL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LackOfCTRL

Exact same issue here, lots of people are experiencing it one user has concluded that it's in some way because of a bad use of svchost but who knows...

Some links to threads with same problem:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Need-for-Speed-Most-Wanted/unable-to-connect-to-Autolog-or-any-EA-Servers-causing-the-game/td-p/169312/page/2

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Need-for-Speed-Most-Wanted/Need-for-speed-most-wanted-2-2012-FREEZ/td-p/172570/highlight/true/page/2

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9088827.page

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By DystopiaX

I don't have this exact problem but I just got the game and can't connect to any of the online features at all, upon startup it just says it can't connect to origin servers. I've googled for solutions but nothing has worked so far, which is pretty disappointing since I pretty much bought the game for the multiplayer.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JohnLocke

A friend and myself were playing today and experiencing some odd issues.

1). Takedowns- We felt like we would hit cars and either nothing would happen or we would be the ones taken out. Also we could be racing along and find we had a takedown for somebody that was nowhere near us.

2). Starting events- seemed like you can have everybody there and the event does not start or some players would be racing off and then the event would start for the rest of us.

3). Odd glitches/bugs such as cars driving under the roads or flying through the air.

Are these common issues or would this be a host issue?

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#8  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

Almost none of the relatively recent EA games works online for me on PC - neither Battlefield Bad Company 2, Need for Speed: The Run, any of their free to play games nor Syndicate (older titles, from before they did a lot of the annoying Origin and EA Online stuff work - Battlefield 2 works flawlessly, and the only exception among recent games has been C&C 4, which works, but isn't a very good game). For those games I get the same errors as mentions - either it flat out can't connect to EA/Origin servers, or get stuck trying to download stats from their servers. I've tried opening every port they are supposed to need, and put my PC in the DMZ, but nothing helps. They generally work on PS3 though, and my PS3 is hooked up to the same connection, though I've had some issues with Autolog in Most Wanted on PS3, it keeps disconnecting every now and then, and if you're playing multiplayer you're dropped out of the game when that happens. Battlefield BC2, Battlefield 3, Syndicate and every other EA game I've tried on PS3 works though.

@JohnLocke said:

1). Takedowns- We felt like we would hit cars and either nothing would happen or we would be the ones taken out. Also we could be racing along and find we had a takedown for somebody that was nowhere near us.

This happens to me quite a lot, can't figure out what determines who gets the kill in most cases, the only times I've consistently gotten the takedown have been when I've hit someone from the side and causing them to hit a wall or something. Haven't seen the two other issues on PS3.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JohnLocke

@fisk0 said:

Almost none of the relatively recent EA games works online for me on PC - neither Battlefield Bad Company 2, Need for Speed: The Run, any of their free to play games nor Syndicate (older titles, from before they did a lot of the annoying Origin and EA Online stuff work - Battlefield 2 works flawlessly, and the only exception among recent games has been C&C 4, which works, but isn't a very good game). For those games I get the same errors as mentions - either it flat out can't connect to EA/Origin servers, or get stuck trying to download stats from their servers. I've tried opening every port they are supposed to need, and put my PC in the DMZ, but nothing helps. They generally work on PS3 though, and my PS3 is hooked up to the same connection, though I've had some issues with Autolog in Most Wanted on PS3, it keeps disconnecting every now and then, and if you're playing multiplayer you're dropped out of the game when that happens. Battlefield BC2, Battlefield 3, Syndicate and every other EA game I've tried on PS3 works though.

@JohnLocke said:

This happens to me quite a lot, can't figure out what determines who gets the kill in most cases, the only times I've consistently gotten the takedown have been when I've hit someone from the side and causing them to hit a wall or something. Haven't seen the two other issues on PS3.

Ah ok. I have not got issues when playing Bad Company 2 but it felt like there was some lag issues or sync issues (for instance after one series, it showed my friend had finished 4th overall on my screen but his showed he had finished last, another time I did not even get to see the overall result at all but it just kept coming up that other players were taking each other out).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.