Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

Criterion's reboot of one of the most popular games in the Need for Speed series. The game features Racer versus Cop gameplay and can be played from either perspective at any time.

5th Tier Difficulties

Chippy180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Chippy180

So I've had this game for about a week now and it's excellent! I think Criterion/DICE did a great job of re-vamping the series and all that jazz, but that's not what I'm here to talk about. I was hoping to get some feedback from other users on their experience with the final area of missions. Namely, am I the only one who has hit a wall this late into the game? Up until now, I had minimal trouble in previous races, earning distinctions and gold medals(Resulting from several restarts,but that's just me) for the majority of races, with the exception of some rapid response/preview objectives.  

On an unrelated note, when participating in a "race" event in the racer career section, once other racers have been taken down/wrecked, do they respawn and continue to race? It's something I always look into, but end up being forgetting once the fuzz shows up.

blalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By blalala

The difficulty does ramp up a lot on the back end of the game, certainly in the racer section. I'm having a lot of trouble getting gold on the later stages, especially the hot pursuit ones and that last event around the whole county is a bitch... For the rapid response races I can only say that these are quite doable if you use most of the shortcuts and don't hit anything :)

Also racers will respawn after getting taken down/wrecked

Chippy180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Chippy180
    @blalala:  I knew it! That really adds onto the final race events' difficulty. As if "Double Jeopardy" didn't have enough going on, with the 8 or so cop units on your tail! 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.