Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter: World

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jan 26, 2018

The fifth primary title in the Monster Hunter franchise features much larger maps, seamless transitions between zones in the map and four-player online co-op. It allows players from Japan and western countries to play together for the first time in the series.

Monster hunter field guide all lvls stuck at 0

Brian3dw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Brian3dw

ANSWER:

"research guy in Astera (up the stairs to the left from the starting point when you return from a hunt)" -Wemibelle

(He is the tiny guy sitting on all the books books)

I've got 200 hours into Monster Hunter World with all monster's up to Diablos "research lv" bar full but only on level 0. I do investigations over and over, capture, kill and track every footprint...

Can someone please tell me how to level up the field guide? I would like to finally know monsters weaknesses without having to search online every time.

I am also wearing all gear that helps with scoutflies including the charm, helm, and waist thing.

Also, nothing ever comes up in search for this. I can't figure out how to properly word my search to get any good answers. I'm thinking my game is glitched as no one else seems to be stuck on this.

Thanks for any help.

Brian3dw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one?

Is anyone else still at level 0?

The only monster above 0 is the Great jagras, it's at level 1. On the Jagras I also get a "Physiology" tab which is what I want with the other monsters. I've seen videos of people online with several (maybe 4) tabs of info.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

@brian3dw: Have you been going to the research guy in Astera (up the stairs to the left from the starting point when you return from a hunt)? You have to talk to him every time you hit a new level in order to tier up to the next one and earn more research.

Brian3dw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Brian3dw

O'my god! Thank you... That little guy sitting on a pile of books. I just talked to him and a full page 3 pages of monsters leveled up 3x.

I couldn't find it in any of the tutorials or anything.

If each character didn't have two pages of text everything time you want to talk to them for anything I might not have missed this info.

Thank you so much!

Avatar image for deactivated-5abd93b050ce5
    deactivated-5abd93b050ce5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hot tip, whenever you come back to astera and have research to turn in, a pop up will appear in the upper right corner of the screen will tell you to visit ecological research to turn it in. It also tells you when you level up specific monsters on the mission results screen. Hopefully this'll help

Brian3dw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@failureatlife: Thanks, I do appreciate the response.

So many of those pop-ups come up that I think my eyes just glazed over. I would see those as the plants being ready or new investigations or the trailraider thing being done or part of the huge list of players joining the session and not even read them anymore.

Now I'll look the "ecological" header when I come back.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.