Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter: World

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jan 26, 2018

The fifth primary title in the Monster Hunter franchise features much larger maps, seamless transitions between zones in the map and four-player online co-op. It allows players from Japan and western countries to play together for the first time in the series.

A Big Thank You to Jason!

Warren2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

It's hard to beat a drum when no one wants to listen. Jason has beat that drum with so much passion and for so long that it has been relegated to the "this is your [Monster Hunter] minute" on the podcast.

I had tried MH before and bounced off. I had tried some its clones and bounced off. But with Jason's impassioned speaches and his excited ramblings/tutorials in videos I decided to try the beta with some friends. First contact was rough but I followed the advice of "every weapon is almost a completely different game" and picked the biggest slowest one to force me to be patient.

Jason, again, with his solo stream and beta videos continued to teach me some of the STILL STUPID menu stuff and ironed out a few misunderstandings I had.

Day of release came and so I bought it saying to myself "I just want to kill one big thing and make armour out of its hide!"

I managed it and am now hooked. All my free time has now been spent meticulously planning hunts and chasing magnificent beasts across vibrant landscapes. It has been wonderful experiencing something new to my hobbying.

So,

THANK YOU JASON!!!!

P.S. Charge Blade for Life and the multiplayer system is incomprehensible

Colmsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I second this! Jason walking through some of the more nuanced mechanics in his videos was really a huge help. Having a blast so far!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e60e701b849a
    deactivated-5e60e701b849a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I agree with you, it's also worth mentioning that MHW is a much more accessible game than its predecessors and it's a great game in general.

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yeah, thanks Jason. He's the reason I got into Monster Hunter recently, and also how I found the right weapon for me (the Bow).

He also got me to try Stories, which I also enjoyed a lot.

ltcolumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fifthded. I absolutely would not be playing this game (let alone enjoying it) if it had not been for his videos and the amount of pure child-like glee he exuded when making them. I'm only about 20 hours in but I've already got my money's worth.

HeelBill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HeelBill

Has Jason been doing streams of the game on his twitch channel? I've just seen the GB stuff so far.

I'm 5 hours in and feel so lost with all the systems and tutorials this games throws at you, even though I've read some beginner guides and such online.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

As someone who has been a fan of Monster Hunter for years now, I am thankful Jason has been representing the series here on the site. Helping to get it more exposure to new players is great, and there are definitely things that need explained which I'm sure his videos are a good help with. My favorite games don't typically get a lot of attention from the crew, so I'm glad Jason is there to champion this series.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Absolutely. I would have just watched this game come and go by, but his enthusiasm shined through and I tried, and loved, my first Monster Hunter.

My son plays now. I have friends who are talking about getting into it.

It’s all due to his enthusiasm.

Also, I use dual blades a lot and sometimes the bow, but I’m primarying a hammer so far...and yeah, it’s satisfying.

Thanks, Jason!

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@heelbill: I don’t know if this helps, but I just sort of discover things. If a monster wrecks me too badly, I’m not ready and will come back later. If I have a chance, I study him, upgrade my research, and plan for the hunt based on his fight style and weaknesses.

The only things I’ve googled have been multiplayer (which is a typical japanese mess) and attunement, which is basically critical damage, as I understand it.

Discovery has been a lot of the wonder, so far.

I want to try capturing large monsters next. I have some traps, so I’ll try to use them and see what comes of it. Experimenting in this game is pretty fun.

JoeDangerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really happy that Jason finally gets the Monster Hunter game he deserves. This is my first foray into a true MH (I tried one on the 3DS but I didn't like how you had to rotate the camera) and I'm loving it to (monster) pieces.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
    deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Couldn't agree more. I've played the last few entries and I needed to watch tutorials to wrap my head around some of the more unintuitive elements. Jason's streams seem to cover a lot of this basic knowledge (which tbh should be tutorialised in-game) and I hope it will give other duders a confident jumping off point to get the most out of the game.

Also, his enthusiasm has been infectious and a joy to hear, and my anticipation to play MHW has only increased through watching his videos. Great job Jason!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.