Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Modern Warfare

Franchise »

The Modern Warfare franchise includes some of the most popular first person shooters of all time.

What Modern Warfare 3 Needs to get me pumped

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Edited By Vinny_Says

Soap, Price and Nikolai

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

It's pretty much a given that if the game is called Modern Warfare then it's a guarantee that they'll be part of the story. But what I fear is that IW is working on some weird side-story unrelated to the events of MW2 and by the time MW3 proper comes out I'll be past all this.

3 to 4 storylines that merge together in the end

Call of Duty 1-3 did not merge the stories in the end much but MW1 and 2 did a great job of having all the mini campaigns merge in the end in one way or another. Black Ops proved to me that a character focused CoD does not interest me, sorry Ghost.
    Having Price launch a nuke in Russia only to see the consequences first hand in Washington is still great.

The guy who voiced Gaz and Ghost

Don't know his name but I sure as hell know the voice. At this point not having him would be weird.

Snow & Stealth

No Caption Provided

Guns in cold weather and snow camo are just cool (pun intended). Some of the best levels in the franchise take place in a snowy military base, submarine base, village, etc. The only levels I remember in Black Ops are the two snow levels with glasses dude and crossbows.
    Also the Prypiat level was awesome because of the stealth parts, like laying down and having a platoon of Russians walk on top of you.

Russia

English with a heavy Russian accent, bad Russian V.O., Russian weapons, Russian villages, anything that relates to the country or people needs to be in there regardless of the "actual" bad guys.

Co-op that isn't zombies....

Let's be honest, one of the best parts of MW2 was Spec-ops. Nazi Zombies on the other hand....
    If it only takes a zombie 2 hits to kill me it should only take 2 shots for me to down one, not a full clip. I understand it's popular but it's not for me, and this blog is about me so don't even mention the undead, get out my face wif that bullshit!
    If they can come up with anything else, even just more Spec-ops, I'll be totally excited for it.

And that's about it

At this point I don't care for the multiplayer, especially if it's more of the same. I just want to see how the story plays out. I don't even need any crazy shit like first person nukes or AC-130s. Just the stuff mentioned above is enough to get me to buy a CoD game this November.
    So to the rest of you, what would you like to see?
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Vinny_Says

Soap, Price and Nikolai

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

It's pretty much a given that if the game is called Modern Warfare then it's a guarantee that they'll be part of the story. But what I fear is that IW is working on some weird side-story unrelated to the events of MW2 and by the time MW3 proper comes out I'll be past all this.

3 to 4 storylines that merge together in the end

Call of Duty 1-3 did not merge the stories in the end much but MW1 and 2 did a great job of having all the mini campaigns merge in the end in one way or another. Black Ops proved to me that a character focused CoD does not interest me, sorry Ghost.
    Having Price launch a nuke in Russia only to see the consequences first hand in Washington is still great.

The guy who voiced Gaz and Ghost

Don't know his name but I sure as hell know the voice. At this point not having him would be weird.

Snow & Stealth

No Caption Provided

Guns in cold weather and snow camo are just cool (pun intended). Some of the best levels in the franchise take place in a snowy military base, submarine base, village, etc. The only levels I remember in Black Ops are the two snow levels with glasses dude and crossbows.
    Also the Prypiat level was awesome because of the stealth parts, like laying down and having a platoon of Russians walk on top of you.

Russia

English with a heavy Russian accent, bad Russian V.O., Russian weapons, Russian villages, anything that relates to the country or people needs to be in there regardless of the "actual" bad guys.

Co-op that isn't zombies....

Let's be honest, one of the best parts of MW2 was Spec-ops. Nazi Zombies on the other hand....
    If it only takes a zombie 2 hits to kill me it should only take 2 shots for me to down one, not a full clip. I understand it's popular but it's not for me, and this blog is about me so don't even mention the undead, get out my face wif that bullshit!
    If they can come up with anything else, even just more Spec-ops, I'll be totally excited for it.

And that's about it

At this point I don't care for the multiplayer, especially if it's more of the same. I just want to see how the story plays out. I don't even need any crazy shit like first person nukes or AC-130s. Just the stuff mentioned above is enough to get me to buy a CoD game this November.
    So to the rest of you, what would you like to see?
    Choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Choffy

I've lost all interest in Call of Duty as a series. It had it's time, and it was a game-changer as far as online shooters go, but EVERY. SINGLE. SHOOTER. plays just like it now. It's old.

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Sayishere

To be honest, noone is hype right now, but when the time is near and its close to release everyone will start jizzing their pants again, guaranteed. When COD has sunk its claws into you, there's no freaking escape.

krazy_kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By krazy_kyle

I am not really a COD fanboy but I see how many people hate the series just because it is so popular and they hate it being mentioned for that reason. I'm sick ofpeople saying that Black Ops is s**t or MW is rubbish just for that one reason because they are very popular games, they are hardly glitchy on release, good storylines and good gameplay with solid multiplayer. I suppose it's just my opinion but I'm just sick of people saying they are "horrible" games when they clearly aren't! -_-
    Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Slaker117
    @blacklabeldomm said:

Soap, Price and Nikolai

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Yep.

As shallow as the Call of Duty stories have been, I really like these characters, and they are the only reason I would be excited about a follow-up to MW2, assuming that the basics of gameplay stay the same. I'll probably end up buying the game regardless because I still like shooting dudes, and the CoD games are pretty good for shooting dudes, but I've done that too many times to get me pumped for each new release on that alone.
    PizzaSauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By PizzaSauce

I've never been a huge single player cod fan and tend to play it just for the achievements.

What I'd like to see is an overhaul in multiplayer gaming, such as more balanced guns (I'm sick of everyone running around with assault rifles), and just some more team based gaming. Although I highly doubt this will happen... Always battlefield 3!

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AhmadMetallic

you... listed.. everything that's been repeated and recycled in the series for the last 4 years! i came in here expecting something different that you need in order to enjoy the game

what a weird thread. it's as if i'm saying "what AC3 needs to get me pumped is  -climbing buildings    -leap of faith   -hidden blades    -race side missions      -desmond being involved"

Edit: i'm requesting this thread be moved to the MW3 forums
    Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Cloudenvy

So to sum up: What Modern Warfare 3 needs to do to get you pumped is...To be more Modern Warfare.

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By face15
    @Cloudenvy said:
    " So to sum up: What Modern Warfare 3 needs to do to get you pumped is...To be more Modern Warfare.

"
    Well, yes. I agree with him though. I just want a solid campaign that has the same tone and the same mechanical feeling for shooting and movement as the previous games. 
    I do want something new from the multiplayer. Even if it's just more of the same but on a grander scale. 
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Azteck

Is IW even making CoD games anymore?

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @Ahmad_Metallic: Oh I'm sorry for enjoying a solid singleplayer campaign with varied missions and somewhat crazy set-pieces. I guess having preferences isn't encouraged here.
    Imagine AC3 has no leap of faith, no Desmond an no hidden blades, that's how Black Ops felt to me. That's why this blog exists.
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By KaosAngel

This game is going to be so awkward...first IW game since, you know... 

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FourWude

The only way MW3 is gonna get me pumped is if it gets shipped with a Penis Pump. 

And even then they're gonna have to threaten to beat me to death with a dildo, to make me buy it in the first place.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By ReyGitano
    @blacklabeldomm: I'm not look forward to it right now. In fact, I hope they don't do a Modern Warfare 3 at all with most of Infinity Ward gone now, but I will say that if they have zombies in it, I can't even imagine that it'll be redeemable. Spec-Ops on the other hand was a masterpiece in MW2.
    Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one who is completely ambivalent about the characters in the MW games? Ghost specifically always came off as IW trying too hard to make a "cool" character. And I also did not care for Spec Ops mode one bit.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Th3_James

I will only play it if I get to remote control a bear, brutally mauling a terrorist would be a nice change from the traditional shot to the head.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FourWude
    @President_Barackbar said:

" Am I the only one who is completely ambivalent about the characters in the MW games? Ghost specifically always came off as IW trying too hard to make a "cool" character. And I also did not care for Spec Ops mode one bit. "

The characters are caricatures. They appeal to 'frat boys' and military fetishists who lap this shit up. 

The story in COD games bar the first one have been jokes. It's dumb shit for a dumb society, which eats it up. It's the reason why idiotic Hollywood movies gross hundreds of millions and have sequels after sequels after them. And then we complain when Adam Sandler makes "yet another" lowest common denominator film. 

dr_pineapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dr_pineapple

needs more "No Russian" levels

fuddles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By fuddles

With the amount of time that whichever developer will be given with the making of Modern Warfare 3, I really doubt this will happen, but I'd kill to see a more fleshed out campaign. I always feel like the Call of Duty stories always set themselves up for a pretty decent action experience, but suddenly jump to the nearest possible climax in order for the campaign to fit under 6 hours,

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @FourWude said:
    " @President_Barackbar said:

" Am I the only one who is completely ambivalent about the characters in the MW games? Ghost specifically always came off as IW trying too hard to make a "cool" character. And I also did not care for Spec Ops mode one bit. "

The characters are caricatures. They appeal to 'frat boys' and military fetishists who lap this shit up. 

The story in COD games bar the first one have been jokes. It's dumb shit for a dumb society, which eats it up. It's the reason why idiotic Hollywood movies gross hundreds of millions and have sequels after sequels after them. And then we complain when Adam Sandler makes "yet another" lowest common denominator film. 

"
    Too bad I'm none of those. The characters are caricatures for sure but with 2 games following their stories and then having the third one without them and leaving you with a huge cliffhanger would be a letdown.
    It sucks you didn't get into spec-ops, it was a pretty unique thing for the series but I understand it's not for everyone.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SeriouslyNow

What Modern Warfare needs is to die quietly.  It's the Die Hard of gaming.  Only the first one made any sense and was really any good.  The sequels try harder and harder to be as good as the first release but all that happens is that the stakes get higher, the missions crazier and the explosions bigger while the story gets more and more muddied with each revision, meanwhile in one of them a Christmas Carol is inexplicably playing while someone dies.

Adamsons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Adamsons

It needs to get rid of unmanned vehicles in MP, helicopters etc.

Honestly, they're just fucking terrible.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By vidiot

Hire writers.

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Rockanomics

All it needs to do is let us kill Makarov, or resolve it somehow, game could be one level long.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic: Oh I'm sorry for enjoying a solid singleplayer campaign with varied missions and somewhat crazy set-pieces. I guess having preferences isn't encouraged here. Imagine AC3 has no leap of faith, no Desmond an no hidden blades, that's how Black Ops felt to me. That's why this blog exists. "
    when i played World At War i didn't think MW2 was gonna lose everything i loved about MW1. same situation here
    yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By yukoasho

I like the MW games as games, but I really don't get the hate for the Treyarch offerings, W@W and Black Ops. While W@W used the classic non-branching stories, neither game's stories were the laughable mess of plot holes that was MW2, and both games offered amazing set pieces during their campaigns. I get that it's fashionable to shit on Treyarch among CoD fans, but at some point people are going to have to admit that those games were fine offerings too.

Sorry to use your blog as a soapbox there, Vinny_Says, but it's one of those things that rubs me wrong.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.