Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Modern Warfare

Franchise »

The Modern Warfare franchise includes some of the most popular first person shooters of all time.

Modern Warfare Wii - First Images

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

The first batch of CoD: Modern Warfare Wii images have been unveiled: 

• Features kept intact from the original - every multiplayer map, mode, AI in single player and campaigns.
    • Fully configurable controls - smoother, more fluid movement - up to 6 presets.
    • DLC and Wiispeak/Motionplus not supported.
    • Graphical improvements, 30fps. Similar team to those behind World at War - 25/30 people.
    • Online improvements over past CoD Wii - up to 10 players, possibility to invite connected friends.
    • Sound effects/soundtrack ported over.
    Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Gav47

Should have ported it to PS2, it would have better graphics.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Meowayne

Will do. I hope no one expected anything significantly above W@W. The multiplayer content is where this port has to prove itself.

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Daryl

Oh dear.

Smarter_Martyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Smarter_Martyr

Day 1..... 10 years ago.... You know I'm right. Right?

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Willy105

As usual, they make a game for PSP, and never bother to upgrade the graphics for the Wii port.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Karmum

I think it looks alright, to be honest. I'm more interested in seeing how they fare with the multiplayer component, because that's what could sell me.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8  Edited By StarFoxA
    @Willy105: Modern Warfare never was on the PSP... unless you're trying to be funny, and in that case it wasn't.
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By Willy105
    @StarFoxA said:
    " @Willy105: Modern Warfare never was on the PSP... unless you're trying to be funny, and in that case it wasn't. "

That's even more dissapointing. A low budget remake. That is even worse.
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Emilio

I would like to thank Activision for putting no effort into trying to make the game look pretty with nice shaders.

Number

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Number

Some of those images look like there taken for COD:4 single player  

3rd is from the mission Shock & Awe 
    4th is from Blackout  

look familiar ?

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Al3xand3r
    @Meowayne said:

" Will do. I hope no one expected anything significantly above W@W. The multiplayer content is where this port has to prove itself. "

No, but this looks worse than WaW. And COD2. And many other last gen games. It's not acceptable, imo. The only upside is that it's "pre-beta" at the moment (then again there's not too much time left) so perhaps it will improve. Especially when compared to this...

Here's a shot Linky didn't include... Definitely even worse than WaW, as if they begun development when they announced it.
    Don't be fooled, the enemy to the bottom right is apparently photoshopped in. The size is wrong, has a blur, and he's much higher quality... Sad.

Now I know ports can't achieve the same quality as ground-up games but this is like they reduced everything with some automatic process and no artist involved whatsoever. Why not replace some glaring textures with good quality low res textures? With all their war games they sure have a backlog of fitting textures they could use instead, even stuff from the GameCube version of COD2 look better than a lot of this... Why not take the time to at least make the main characters you see a lot up close, your squad mates, look decent instead of this mess?
    fezz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By fezz

It could be worse.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Drebin_893

Oh, dear....

The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Dude
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " @Meowayne said:

" Will do. I hope no one expected anything significantly above W@W. The multiplayer content is where this port has to prove itself. "

No, but this looks worse than WaW. And COD2. And many other last gen games. It's not acceptable, imo. The only upside is that it's "pre-beta" at the moment (then again there's not too much time left) so perhaps it will improve. Especially when compared to this...

Here's a shot Linky didn't include... Definitely even worse than WaW, as if they begun development when they announced it.
    Don't be fooled, the enemy to the bottom right is apparently photoshopped in. The size is wrong, has a blur, and he's much higher quality... Sad. "
    Do you want them to make COD for the Wii cartoony then? Those pictures of RS2 do look a lot more clean, but really its graphically not much more impressive. the textures are not any greater, however the stylized look give it a much smoother feeling then the realistic look of MW2.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Al3xand3r

The textures are much sharper and more detailed, not to mention the superior dynamic lighting and shadows, self shadowing on top of that, and a ton of post-processing effects like motion blur and distortions and the fact it runs @ 60 fps. So, don't even imply they look comparable aside from art style, please. It may be cartoony, but it's still very detailed and not a blurry mess. The art style is far from their only difference.

Edit: again, even COD2 on the cube looks sharper than this. Thanks for ignoring this post and repeating ignorant comments.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    @The_Dude said:
    " @Al3xand3r said:
    " @Meowayne said:

Don't be fooled, the enemy to the bottom right is apparently photoshopped in. The size is wrong, has a blur, and he's much higher quality... Sad. "
    Do you want them to make COD for the Wii cartoony then? Those pictures of RS2 do look a lot more clean, but really its graphically not much more impressive. the textures are not any greater, however the stylized look give it a much smoother feeling then the realistic look of MW2. "
    If you want proof that the Wii can handle good, more realistic graphics, give Silent Hill: Shattered Memories a look.
    Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By Metroid545
    @Fezz said:
    " It could be worse. "
    not by much though
    MetalR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MetalR

Those screenshots are hurting my eyes

The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_Dude

I wasn't saying that it can't, I have a Wii and love it. I also do think they could make MW2 look a lot better on it, I was just pointing out that the only reason RS2 looks so much better is because the way they stylized the game.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#21  Edited By ZombiePie

I've already pre-ordered MW2 so I don't really think this game has a place in my video game collection.

ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By ZeroCast
    @Al3xand3r:
    I highly doubt they went through the effort of doctoring that image to make it look "good", the texture on that solider (if you can even call that texturing) reminds of PS1 games for Christ sake. 

Let's hope they fix this, and by the way, Red Steel 2 looks awesome because Ubisoft are actually maximizing the console's graphical capabilities with the new LyN engine, which is really looking good.  
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Al3xand3r

@Zero, exactly, which is why the difference in quality with the dead enemy soldier is so striking. Look at it.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By ArchScabby

lol

The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The_Dude

Maybe the dead soldier in the COD pic isn't a photoshop, maybe its just a child with a mustache napping.

Radar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By Radar

A company preying upon the uneducated Wii masses. Nothing new. This will sell millions once it's paired up with MW2s advertisements.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Meowayne

Ubi's Jason Vandenberghe said that he doesn't consider Red Steel 2 to be a technically impressive game. And I agree with him. The style is right on, but I doubt it has a higher polycount or higher amount of effects and lighting going on than World at War on the Wii. W@W Wii is a very smooth, pretty Wii game. Doesn't look like much in Screenshots, though. This will be the same.

And what's  up with you, anyways. A Wii graphics thread? Seriously? It's Modern Warfare with a lower polycount and without the shiny shaders. Big deal. To make up for it you'll be able to use a virtual flamethrower by pointing at people. Everyone's happy. 

Now this is Call of Duty 3, which was a semi-launch title for the Wii and very much rushed, and W@W looked significantly better, but you can very clearly see here that it's the same game with a lower polycount and worse lighting. World at War was the same (even more similar) and Moodern Warfare will also be the same.

No reason to get worked up.
    clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By clubsandwich

I lol'd, seriously, this looks terrible hahaha

Shindiggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By Shindiggah

that is one of the worst games Ive ever seen released on the wii. Seriously I hate how Activision treats the wii like a PS1 with motion, its not like the Wii doesnt have the power to sport better graphics then that...
    Driam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Driam

So hey. If all you guys want is pretty graphics, how do you find time to post here inbetween playing Myst and watching animated gifs of the transformers movies?

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Drebin_893
    @Driam said:
    " So hey. If all you guys want is pretty graphics, how do you find time to post here inbetween playing Myst and watching animated gifs of the transformers movies? "
    Wow, that's the most ignorant thing I've ever read. 

Those graphics look terrible, does that mean that all I care about is grahics? No. I'm just acknowledging the fact that those screenshots look terrible.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Al3xand3r
    @Meowayne said:

" Ubi's Jason Vandenberghe said that he doesn't consider Red Steel 2 to be a technically impressive game. And I agree with him. The style is right on, but I doubt it has a higher polycount or higher amount of effects and lighting going on than World at War on the Wii. W@W Wii is a very smooth, pretty Wii game. Doesn't look like much in Screenshots, though. This will be the same.

And what's  up with you, anyways. A Wii graphics thread?

I said it shows no effort, since it looks worse than WaW, and worse than COD2 on the Cube. No effort is no effort. That's all there is to it. Being so long after WaW, in my opinion it should show that they have more experience and the will to do better. It doesn't show that at all at this state, unless it improves heavily. It's not even running @ 60 fps. No Wii Speak. For now at least, it doesn't even include the DLC content. And no, Red Steel 2 isn't technically impressive compared to what can be done with today's tech, but for the Wii and compared to most third parties, it is:

@Al3xand3r said:

" The textures are much sharper and more detailed, not to mention the superior dynamic lighting and shadows, self shadowing on top of that, and a ton of post-processing effects like motion blur and distortions and the fact it runs @ 60 fps. So, don't even imply they look comparable aside from art style, please. It may be cartoony, but it's still very detailed and not a blurry mess. The art style is far from their only difference."

I'll stand by what my eyes can see, and what's easy for anyone else to see too, whether its creator claims it's impressive for him or not. It's at least much more comptetent than the shit Activision throws out. I bet they'll charge full price for it too. That's unacceptable for me.

And yes, a Wii graphics thread. Screenshots are all we can see here. The screenshots made you say you'll buy it, so what was it based on other than the graphics showing you it's of a quality you can accept? Nothing else about it can be seen here. Based on this, I find it laughable.

It also has no flame thrower :P
    JazzyJeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By JazzyJeff

What a surprise -- it looks like ass.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35  Edited By Linkyshinks

Details have emerged:

• Features kept intact from the original - every multiplayer map, mode, AI in single player and campaigns.
    • Fully configurable controls - smoother, more fluid movement - up to 6 presets.
    • Graphical improvements, 30fps. Similar team to those behind World at War - 25/30 people.
    • Online improvements over past CoD Wii - up to 10 players, possibility to invite connected friends.
    Vitefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Vitefish

I don't think the actual product is gonna be that horrible looking. I mean, look at these pictures from World at War.

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14222041/call-of-duty-world-at-war/images/call-of-duty-world-at-war-20081002040155654.html

Now I think the game looked alright, but these screenshots are horrible. If World at War looked good, I bet it will be the same on Wii.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Meowayne
    @Linkyshinks said:
    "  
    Details have emerged:

"
    That's all I need to know. It runs on the same engine as W@W so it will look and run very well. W@W was nothing but praised for its visuals, and rightly so. Even though  regular screenshots look just as bad as those on page 1 in this thread. 
    Every multiplayer-mode kept: Epic Win. The smoothness and controls of W@W multiplayer make it an excellent game, only the lack of modes is what kept the game from receiving the same score as the other versions. 
    10 players is still not perfect, but it's good to see that they try to improve on the exact things that were still wrong with W@W. No Wiispeak-Support is irritating, though. The peripheral continues to get shunned.

I look forward to this very much.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TwoOneFive

Looks like dooky. 

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#39  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Seriously, what did we expect? This port probably cost like a dollar to make.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.