Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Is it also a problem with the people playing

JaxDaxter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JaxDaxter

In my opinion the Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer can be improved, which by the looks of it, most people would agree with this statement. 

It can be improved in a number of reasons which I will only list as this is not my main point. Respawn Points, Grenade Launcher, Akimbo and finally the way the game rewards you. 

Now these reasons could be argued for hours on end but I don't really want to focus on them instead I want to focus on the mentality of a COD player, because I think this is the main reason why COD multiplayer is flawed. 

The reason I think the players are at fault for making the multiplayer poor is because they are always looking to win striving for an improved K/D ratio as that is what they believe to be most important about the game, not having fun, and for many people they will do anything to improve it, whether it be by turning into a Commando Kid or noob tubing. It could be said that these need to be fixed by IW (because these two things are problems in my opinion). Could one also not say that the player should realise that these are cheap tactics and will probably spark abuse from other players. 

I was wondering if anybody thought the same, similar, or completely different.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By CL60

They really need to fix the spawn points...that should come before anything else.

ProjektGill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By ProjektGill

Wow, really another one of these topics? 
    Also what some people get enjoyment out of tends to piss others off, especially in adversarial multiplayer. 

KimParnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By KimParnage

I would definitely agree on the fact that the players are the problem.. there will always we loop holes in MP games for players to abuse, and there will always be players to abuse them.. Personally i try as much as i can to keep it clean, but will often fell like it's a hopeless battle.. The players abusing the "flaws" in a game like MW2 will always have the edge, and in most cases it will lead to frustration in the players trying to just have fun.. :/

Avatar image for atomic_tangerine
    Atomic_Tangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Atomic_Tangerine

If it is team deathmatch, I think it is great that people worry about their K/D and stuff.  Where the problem comes in is during any other game mode where I got half the team going for a nuke, and here's a hint on the outcome- they never get it. 

To be fair though, that happens in almost any game, such as Battlefield where half the team is recon and sitting super far away from anything.  Even proffesional sports has players that are more worried about their own stats compared to helping the team win.
    meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By meptron

Nothing wrong with noob tubing. Takes skill and time to get used to the proper height, especially when you're shooting from a distance at a window or objective. If you want to avoid getting killed by them I would suggest not going to predictable locations. Noob tubers rely on knowing where people like to go, then shooting grenades there. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.