Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Infinity Ward Soliciting User Feedback Via Twitter Test

• 68 results
    jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

Edited By jeff
    IW WANTS YOU
    IW WANTS YOU
    Robert "fourzerotwo" Bowling tossed up a link to a new page on the Infinity Ward site devoted to user-responses to an IW-posed question. Billing it as a test, they're currently looking for things you'd like to see appear in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

So far, the thing that seems to keep scrolling through the results page is "co-op" but a lot of people are getting specific with desires for silencers on sniper rifles, 48-player support, and the return of Captain Price. It's kind of interesting to watch the demands flow throw in real-time, and you can vote individual comments up and down as they roll through.
    jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By jeff
    IW WANTS YOU
    IW WANTS YOU
    Robert "fourzerotwo" Bowling tossed up a link to a new page on the Infinity Ward site devoted to user-responses to an IW-posed question. Billing it as a test, they're currently looking for things you'd like to see appear in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

So far, the thing that seems to keep scrolling through the results page is "co-op" but a lot of people are getting specific with desires for silencers on sniper rifles, 48-player support, and the return of Captain Price. It's kind of interesting to watch the demands flow throw in real-time, and you can vote individual comments up and down as they roll through.
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By breadfan

That's pretty cool that they want feedback from the players.  I wonder how this will actually effect the next game

JesseG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By JesseG

Thats actually pretty cool.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By BiggerBomb

It's nice to see developers calling for more community involvement. My biggest gripes with Call of Duty 4 were the truly awful respawn system, juggernaut, and the M16. Aside from that, I have few complaints.

Qorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Qorious

Well consideirng that the game will be released probably Q4 of this year, I was expecting them to ask a bit sooner so they would have more time to implement feedback via the community. Well I would love to have a less laggier online experience. I have Modern Warfare on PS3 and sometimes it's just a pain to play online. And one thing that I would love to see in CoD:MW2 is increased player count in online. It doesn't necessarily have to be 48 player online, 32 is more than enough. 

Avatar image for cleverloginname
    CleverLoginName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By CleverLoginName

Ball breaking achievements that will make me want to throw my controller at my TV. Check.

Cheapoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Cheapoz

More than one friggin map pack for the most popular online game.

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Lunarbunny

I say overheating on machine guns. Already tossed that out on there.

DavidSnakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By DavidSnakes

How about actual enemy AI rather than twitchy robot men that completely break the immersion whenever the scripting isn't around to make them behave realistically.  No Fighting in the War Room on Veteran is one of the worst FPS experiences I've ever had.  Play that level on Vet, it highlights every problem with Call of Duty

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By TheHBK

Ahh, just went to see it, it broke.  Better checkpoint system, improved I mean.  I guess something deeper to go with the prestige system and character customization.

majnuker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By majnuker

SOMEBODY QUICK! Suggest spawn protection!

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Media_Master

NICE

JohnDudebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JohnDudebro

I want a mode where you fight robot nazis.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

A guarantee that Treyarch will never touch this franchise again would be nice, but that's out of IW's control. How about more shitting on Treyarch at the end of the in-game credits? That would be nice!

Avatar image for deactivated-59694a80bc6d9
    deactivated-59694a80bc6d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Putting Captain Price back in the mix would be stupid and erase the emotional impact Infinity Ward was trying to accomplish. 48-player multiplayer is a bad idea… this is not Battlefield 2. Adding CO-OP, on the other hand, is not a bad idea and would be a natural progression of the progress Treyarch made.
    Dude_What

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Dude_What

Add Price with Flashbacks to the 80s and fix Veteran.  Artificial difficulty is not cool.  A cover system would be nice, but maybe not in keeping with the old-school nature of the game.  Basically, if the enemies are going to be perfect shots and able to take cover I want to be able to take cover too dammit.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Captain_Fookup

I sure as fuck hope if they do go with snipers that have silencers they're rewarded at a high level and not right out of the fucking box.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By meteora

I just love it when developers get community feedback, it makes us fans feel like we're part of a bigger thing/cause than being spoon fed and shit.

Anyways it's being the second most talked topic on Twitter at the moment. That's what Robert Bowling said.

"Wow! What an awesome test. #MW2 is the #2 most talked about topic on Twitter now! Keep em' coming and please @ me w/ suggestions 4 the app" - Robert Bowling

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No spawn rape. More balanced perks and weapons (M16 and stopping power). More organized maps where you can points out enemy positions. Get rid of prestige and think of something else.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#20  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Add some of the enhancements that WAW actually had for multiplayer , like weapons having different addon unlocks besides Red Dot-Silencer-ACOG and multiple grenade types (Molotov cocktails) and War Mode. Oh, and Co-Op would be nice. As would be something that mocks the Nazi Zombie mode in WAW. I bet Infinity Ward would be into that.

cyrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cyrax

Not signing up to twitter but #1 for me would be an end to the unlimited enemy respawns in single player.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Player1

Very cool idea. Lets see if they follow through, and actually add some of the suggested stuff.

worknman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By worknman

A quick turnaround feature like in Resident Evil.

Also, a 'newbie lounge' so those of us who only play every once in awhile can go online and have a good time playing against each other, instead of constantly getting slaughtered by the lifers who play for 18 hours a day, and end up in last place every time. COD5 had something like this, but it disables after level 8 or so... I'm somewhere around level 25 and still suck ass :)

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By maxszy

I don't see how they could bring Price back, considering the ending. Perhaps as someone said in these replys... flashbacks or something. That could work. But yeah... I would LOVE to see price back but I doubt that would happen.

I also wouldn't mind playing as Soap McTavish again. I know a lot of people made fun of the name but I actually thought it was pretty good.

goodwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By goodwood

I hope they  get rid of martyrdom or only let it be used if the person is killed while the grenade is equipped.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Linkyshinks

That's cool, such feedback channels are very welcomed by fans including myself.

I am 100% behind the idea of bringing Captain Price and his fine Mustache back into the fray :D

I think CoOp is inevitable and a waste of time suggesting, all those weaponry suggestions are cool though.

Nick8708

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Nick8708

I would really like a coop mode, for both the single player and multiplayer.  It was pretty disheartening when my roommate and I both brought home copies one night and invited a few friends over and we could only play with them on a lan.  It was still fun, but with only the 4 of us playing at a time it wasn't nearly as much fun as it could've been that night.

I also agree with larger player counts for the console version.

I think it'd be cool if there were something of an online, persistent campaign mode.  Sort of like Chrome Hound's, if anybody is familiar with that.  You'd have the various maps scattered across their real world locations with various paths inbetween them and players would jump in whenever they could on different fronts and duke it out till one side takes control and owns that location.  Then you either fall back to a different controlled territory, if you lost, or push on to one of the forward fronts to continue the battle, if you won.  The details of how they could implement that are beyond me at this point, but I think it'd be fun because one of the coolest things about the first Modern Warfare was the persistent online character and this would add another layer of persistence to the game.  It'd be like fighting a large, ongoing war with an overall goal instead of just random, unconnected skirmishes.

Edit:

Oh and this came to mind reading what worknman said:

It's cool that everybody gains experience no matter what, but you do run into that problem where simply plugging along long enough will get you a really high rank, but may not be reflective of your actual skill.  The problem I have with that is that it can be hard when it comes to matchmaking to determine what overall skill level people have, and thus you can end up with very unbalanced teams.  Maybe there's something going on behind the scenes that tries to account for that (such as setting up teams based on kill/death ratios, average experience earned/game, adjusting for level acquired vs. overall time played online), but I can't really say.  It'd be nice to have a similar scheme to Halo where there's a division between skill-reflected rank and earned-over-time rank so as to better determine the quality of players when building teams.  Of course, like I said, maybe it's already going on behind the scenes and the games with unbalanced teams are just flukes.  If it is, it'd be nice to see it up front so we know that the system is working correctly, or have it implemented so as to make the game more enjoyable.

Also, I'd like to see the ability to customize the kill bonuses we get instead of just UAV->Air Strike->Helicopter.  Maybe add a smoke screen, where everybody has a slightly reduced visibility distance, but the enemy's is reduced slightly more.  Or perhaps one that temporarily negates some or all of the perks the enemies have (like 15 seconds, too long would be way too powerful).  Or perhaps one that calls in a small group of AI controlled paratroopers to temporarily assist in the fight.  I don't really know about these, but just new kill bonuses and customizability (able to choose which ones you get at each level of kill when you make your class, just like choosing what perks you have) would be kind of cool.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Kohe321

Co-op would be awesome. The return of captain Price would be as well, he was a great character.

Marzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Marzy

I mentioned that I would love to see the game on Wii, with a good online mode.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#30  Edited By mracoon

I would love to see co-op, especially offline splitscreen. There are hardly any games which offer it these days.

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BasketSnake

Like I suggested on Twitter, footprints with a perk to remove them. That would add another stealth element.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Linkyshinks

I would like to see new weaponry devised by futurists and military peeps, this is Modern Warfare 2 after all.

Feraligat3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Feraligat3r

Yeah none of your  suggestions count unless you post em' on twitter.  I've already posted mine on twitter sooo here is what I think they should change.

- No noob perks like juggernaut and even though nobody really mentioned this before I think last stand should be gone as well. I mean If I'm on hardcore team deathmatch and I snipe some dude in a building I can't see him anymore and someone else goes in and steals my kill. Its an even bigger problem on free for all.

-   In CoD: WaW they had a feature in multiplayer where you could search for a local match.  The newest one should have this as well.

Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Zatoichi_Sanjuro

"I would like to see new weaponry devised by futurists and military peeps, this is Modern Warfare 2 after all."

Yeah, but it's not 'Future Warfare 2'. Since it is Modern Warfare I'd like to see some angle on the asymmetrical warfare taking place right now in Afghanistan/Iraq/Chechnya/Sri Lanka etc.

The Battlefield 2 MOD 'Project Reality' has already proven successful in this respect and I'd love to see what IW could do in the same manner.

Also, make a hardcore mode that's really hardcore. No last stand nonsense. Perhaps some decent ballistics wouldn't go amiss either.

oh, and a Zombie al-Asad. Thanks!

Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
    spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 23

i don't get why everybody hates on treyarch. CoDWaW turned out just fine. and the next CoD game needs some kind of Terrorist Zombies mode or i'm not even going to give it a second glance, what with my $ being tight this year.

SlimDogg95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SlimDogg95

Great to see them using the advantages of twitter.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#37  Edited By RHCPfan24

I like that idea and now I want to find them to get my say into the game.

GhostStrykre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By GhostStrykre

infinity ward is an awesome developer. they actually take a lot of community input and incorporate it into their games.. i witnessed this firsthand in the CoD4 private beta. they did a great job. hopefully they can repeat their previous efforts.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#39  Edited By Afroman269

No  more fucking helicopters!

Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Zatoichi_Sanjuro

"No  more fucking helicopters!"

X2

Or at least make them controllable where it takes a certain amount of skill to target enemies. The invisible Helio-pilot and his aimbot is annoying as fuck.

Controllable airstrikes would be nice too. Not carpet bombing, but a precision strike.

insanejedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#41  Edited By insanejedi

MORE GUNS!

Daimao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Daimao

Can't anyone think about vehicles!!!! Not just the tank, but helis (when u get the 7 streak kill u actually fly the chopper) . Another cool perk to add would be the dogs, like someone said before u could customize u'r bonus. Co-op would be nice too.

One last thing, how about clan service, leaderboards and all that good stuff.

Damn with all my suggestions the game would be called "Call of Duty: Battlefield 3". LOL

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Scooper

Bring it back to what made COD2 fun: simple, skilled multiplayer.

JellyFish_Gsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By JellyFish_Gsus

No ones sure if capt price died, as someone was trying the revive him; so bring back price :)

Reverseface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Reverseface

More destructible environments so when i use my Light machine gun it really tears up brick work and stuff that would be so awesome in multiplayer if somone is hiding in a building and you make loads of bullet holes everywhere.

Andheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#46  Edited By Andheez

I like the idea of customizing your kill streak bonuses, that idea is tits.  More destructable environments = good.  I think an idea, if it is modern warfare, would be to have civilians around sometimes, this would add TONS of possibilities (Moral implications, enemy spies, precision shooting ala airplane mission at the end of COD4, non lethal ammo/takedowns to name a few). They need to make the Martydom more obvious than a grenade just pooping out.  BTW whats with the Helicopter hate?  Shoot it down if it bothers you so much.  I don't twitter, so if anyone wants to suggest any of this that hasnt been, please do.

GhostStrykre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By GhostStrykre

destrucible environments = awesome.
    destructible environments + vehicle use = Battlefield Bad Company
    i think infinity ward needs to stick to their formula but just make it a grander experience. no one here will complain if players are able to blow holes in the sides of buildings and then storm through as a squad or something. no one here will complain about massive 48 player matches.
    just one last thought: destructible environments really seem to cut back on the abilities of hackers and cheaters.. because 99.8% of the time a hacker or cheater is someone who is awful when playing the game normally, so he/she has to give themself an unfair advantage. i have noticed when playing battlefield bad company that if and when there are hackers or cheaters it often doesn't matter because players are unused to destructible environments that can change the way a map is played from round to round. people camping in a house near a battlefield objective? just blow a hole in the wall and frag in, it works almost every time whether the person is cheating or not. with all the current COD4 exploits and cheaters out now it only makes sense to add destructibility to enhance the longevity of fair gameplay.
    oh and @Andheez who just posted. if you want to include civilians and stuff.. check out the Battlefield 2 Mod: Project Reality. they have experimented with the idea of having civilians and such (killing one counts against your score) that work as spies to inform the team of enemy movements.. its pretty interesting. Project Reality is pretty awesome.

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By kashif1

I heard somewhere that if you use a pc mod you see price die.  THe mod lets you look behind you

Buckwyld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Buckwyld

I am guessing the "test" means that as long as people are not being douchebags, they will take some of the ideas into consideration.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TwoOneFive

i posted something

personally i could care less for co-op in this. it wasnt that great in waw so who cares dude. 
    but splitscreen online would be AWESOME! especially if they could make use of some of the great features in LBP where each controller can actually be a different user on your ps3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.