Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Getting really sick of: He who has best connection = best player

arcade78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By arcade78

Hey duders, just writing a quick blog post about something that really, really, REALLY annoys me, as a person who lives in Europe (and not in the UK at that), my connection is quite low, and it definantly has its disadvantages: 
    1. Lag, lag, lag LAG LAG, nothing like turning a corner just to be reset behind the corner i just ran by. 
    2. The kill-cam showing me outside of cover even though i just ran behind the wall. 
    3. (and my personal favorite) The good 'ol killcam showing me stare at an enemy while on my end i was shooting the hell out of him with no hit markers or nothing. 
    4. Players with 4 bars have slight advantage over players with 2 bars. 
    Now i dont get connection problems all the time, its just when i do, it gets really annoying, i really hate the whole: "he who has best connection, wins" thing going on. Now i know to some it may not seem like a big deal, but i have to struggle to keep my k/d up because sometimes ill get into a bullcrap game where it seems impossable to get a kill. 

Now why the hell do i not get this problem almost ever on games like Battlefield Bad Company 2? or Resistance 1? It was only untill CoD4 that i even relized i had lag, so why cant they just do something about it, i know a lot of people with the same complaints. 

Thanks for reading, 

arcade78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By arcade78

Hey duders, just writing a quick blog post about something that really, really, REALLY annoys me, as a person who lives in Europe (and not in the UK at that), my connection is quite low, and it definantly has its disadvantages: 
    1. Lag, lag, lag LAG LAG, nothing like turning a corner just to be reset behind the corner i just ran by. 
    2. The kill-cam showing me outside of cover even though i just ran behind the wall. 
    3. (and my personal favorite) The good 'ol killcam showing me stare at an enemy while on my end i was shooting the hell out of him with no hit markers or nothing. 
    4. Players with 4 bars have slight advantage over players with 2 bars. 
    Now i dont get connection problems all the time, its just when i do, it gets really annoying, i really hate the whole: "he who has best connection, wins" thing going on. Now i know to some it may not seem like a big deal, but i have to struggle to keep my k/d up because sometimes ill get into a bullcrap game where it seems impossable to get a kill. 

Now why the hell do i not get this problem almost ever on games like Battlefield Bad Company 2? or Resistance 1? It was only untill CoD4 that i even relized i had lag, so why cant they just do something about it, i know a lot of people with the same complaints. 

Thanks for reading, 

Avatar image for psyborg0815--DEFUNCT
    psyborg0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By psyborg0815

Battlefield Bad Company 2 runs on dedicated servers. I don't know about Resistance though.  
    You should get a better connection.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By ch13696

Sorry you have a bad connection. That just goes to show that IW's matchmaking sucks ass. They're supposed to match you with other people that have 2 bars.

arcade78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By arcade78

Yeah, thats not an option for me thoguh =/, i like in the middle of no-where and the only to internet providers are both complete crap!

Laharl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Laharl

Pay no attention to the bars, i dont know how many times ive been in a game where everybody is complaining about lag yet all have 4 green bars. Oh and yes i agree, its quite frustrating when someone is one shotting everybody cause they are 5 seconds ahead.

RedneckedCrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By RedneckedCrake

My connection has recently been sucking too so I can sympathize with this. Modern Warfare 2 is pretty bad for it too, so frustrating. Playing Team SWAT on Halo 3 with lag is probably the worst though. You experience the lag, and then a bullet hits you in the head and you die. Rinse and repeat about 20 times and that is what playing Team SWAT with lag is like.

Shibbxyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Shibbxyz

Love being the host :) hate bein against it
    Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Gabriel

What sucks even more is when almost half your matches end when everyone gets booted out halfway through the game.

j_drace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By j_drace

I've never actually experienced lag like what you guys are describing on MW2.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By pweidman

Peer v peer is the culprit here.  The only solution, or at least the best, is playing a game w/ded servers.  Not the end all for sure but levels the field for the most part.  I have a fast connection, but in BBC2 for instance, lag is still a part of many matches, especially for players across coasts(US)like I play w/most every night.   Connection speed is always a factor though imo, especially if yur playing across regions.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

When I used to play MW2 I had lag issues. Never hag them in MAG or BFBC2 or any other video game. 

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j_drace: Me either, and I don't have that great of a connection.  Edit:  Obviously I experience lag, but no more than any other FPS game. 
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ArchScabby

K, well when you make the internet perfect we will all thank you.

TwilitEnd656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TwilitEnd656

I wish the internet was instantaneous. Unfortunately, it isn't, so even those of us with good connections have to deal with that split second that may make all the difference. Nothing to do but to upgrade and/or deal with it.

Avatar image for aestheticsynthesis
    AestheticSynthesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've disproved this so many times but it has also rang true for just as many games. Maybe they should give the best connection to the person with the worst K/D.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By iam3green

so true they should have made dedicated servers for everything. there would be happy PC gamers, happy console gamers. it sucks more if the person is in another country and they are host or lag a lot.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I think the issue's a lot worse in other games. For Modern Warfare, it seems like the games run at one of two polarities, generally--very little, or almost unnoticeable lag, and then match-ending, totally crippling lag.  

In something like Halo 3, the lag doesn't show its face as clearly as it does in Modern Warfare, and it instead permeates the mechanics of the gameplay--the melee system, most notably--which just makes the experience feel really inconsistent. 

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By Bones8677

Forget the connection.

"HE WHO CONTROLS THE SPICE, CONTROLS THE UNIVERSE!!!"

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By Jadeskye
    @Sir_Ragnarok: This is why the PC reigns supreme. 

We (PC gamers) do have a sense of entitlement so something like activision refusing to give PC gamers dedicated servers for MW2 just meant that BFBC2 was going to do extremely well as a result. In face dice even advertised this fact. 

Regardless, MW2 is a good game but i can't help but feel they made some big mistakes with implementation of that game. For instance when i knife a dude, he lags out, turns around and shoots me.
    MrSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MrSnow

Yes but Black Ops will have dedicated servers. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.