Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid

Franchise »

A part of the Metal Gear series, often also considered its own series all the same.

Next Time on Metal Gear Scanlon!

• 65 results
    DukeMcFrenzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Next Time on Metal Gear Scanlon! (483 votes)

Metal Gear 1&2 9%
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengnce 38%
    Metal Gear Ac!d 1&2 5%
    Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel 3%
    That Skateboarding game on Substance 5%
    Any other Metal Gear game not listed 1%
    Snatcher 5%
    Bokai 1&2 1%
    Zone of the Enders 1&2 8%
    Bury the series in a cardboard box 51%

Metal Gear Scanlon V is nearing its end. Dan and Drew will be leaving the battlefield to live on as legends in our memories. But the thirst for battle is never satisfied and soon the whispers of war will bring them back.

If Solid Scanlon found himself back in the battle, which battlefield would you want to see and why?

I like them all but if I had to choose one it would be the originals. It would probably only be 2 or 3 episodes, but it might be a bit refreshing after all of V.

• 
    BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Metal Gear Scanlon V was like watching the series crawl through the microwave hallway, so I think it's finally time for this video feature to retire to Alaska and fade away.

John_Wiswell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, unless it's Dan manning up and playing through Revengeance while Drew guest-commentates, the feature is done for me. They covered all the games I wanted to see covered, and Drew's increasing frustration with V made me give up on watching this season to the end. We should do nicer things to Drew.

bassguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#3  Edited By bassguy

Rising is great, and I'd love to see Drew play it.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Series is more done than an overly cooked steak.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Metal Gear Scanlon 1 - 4 is my favourite content on the site. I understand why they tried to do the same with V, but that was a mistake. Let the series go.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Metal Gear Scanlon V was like watching the series crawl through the microwave hallway, so I think it's finally time for this video feature to retire to Alaska and fade away.

Yup.

Do it Snake. Pull the trigger.

AsherV20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

You've earned your rest, Drew.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I definitely wouldn't mind some new Dan&Drew content, but I'd prefer it to be anything else than Metal Gear (or Kojima).

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@grulet said:

I definitely wouldn't mind some new Dan&Drew content, but I'd prefer it to be anything else than Metal Gear (or Kojima).

I would like to see them flip things on their head and have Dan more out of his element and new to something. But that means they are playing what, AC-130 Simulator? I'm not sure.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let Drew have his revenge - Dan playing random racing games or something.

Sneeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads: Oh yeah!

50 videos of Drew teaching Dan to start an A-10C without notes. I'd watch that!

Avatar image for librorumprohibitorum
    LibrorumProhibitorum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drew needs to force Dan through the most obscure tactical military FPS he can find.

DT9k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Drew and Dan.... they're going on a trip to help them get better. They need to be alone.....

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Yeah, unless it's Dan manning up and playing through Revengeance while Drew guest-commentates, the feature is done for me. They covered all the games I wanted to see covered, and Drew's increasing frustration with V made me give up on watching this season to the end. We should do nicer things to Drew.

Yah I wouldn't mind seeing Dan play through Revengeance, but lets give Drew a rest, he earned it.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should watch the first 10 minutes and last 10 minutes of Rising (like Dan wanted to do on UPF), since those are the only good parts, but yeah I guess they should probably stop now!

enemylandlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MGS was one of the best things the site had going for a long time, but it's time to move on. It's been time to move on for 6 months.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Make him play through it again.

Calmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rising. I think Dan would enjoy playing it, and it would be entertaining to watch.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

it's done

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

ZOE, ZOE, ZOE.

Skip to ZOE 2 and watch the "previously on" video. Replayed it recently on PS3 (which is the definitive, patched, awesome HD version), and it's such a Kojima-ass game in the best ways. One of my favorite games of that era, and it still holds up in gameplay, world building, and spectacle.

Revengeance is fantastic, of course, but parts of that game are super dull. Parts of that game are some of the best things in a character-action game, however.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metal Gear Scanlon V has been a slog. Let's moveon.org already.

fugoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well since this series was him experiencing metal gear for the first time the need for it is over since he is now one of us. I recall him saying he's also never played any zelda games so that could be a great series as well. Or Dan going through a series he's never played before.

youeightit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish Drew and Vinny could do Boktai because it's basically a Metal Gear/Castlevania mash up.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

Yeah, the massive pause seems to have even sapped the ever resilient Dan Rykert of his enthusiasm, and Drew seems to be on autopilot (not that I blame either of them, Chapter 2 is a SLOG that leads to a pretty great reveal).

THAT said...Revengeance is SWEET.

pizzasheets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally, the time for Danjo-KaDrewie is nigh.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know why they would play Revengeance unless they were doing a feature on the Bayonetta series.

The series should end for good in finding out that Drew is Drew, and we are too.

ltsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll add my vote for Dan playing some DCS, though I'm not sure what their end goal would be.

Jibanyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stopped watching MGSV because, for me, the main attraction of the series was watching Drew react to the WILD plot of the games, and that particular part of the series was mostly gameplay footage due to the game itself being kind of scarce in terms of story.

I think it'd be good to go on hiatus for a couple of months after they wrap up MGSV for good (I'm sure they'd both like a break), but I would like to see them go through a game like Revengeance one day.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

@artisanbreads: while I don't want any more Metal Gear Scanlon, your post has prompted a great idea.

End of Scanlon V we see Drew point a gun at the MGSV box and hear a gunshot. Camera fades to black.

Camera fades back in and Metal Gear Rising Revengeance screen appears

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

They need to play Revengeance with Jeff along so they have someone who at least somewhat knows what he's doing and we don't fall into the bad advice hole MG Scanlon turned into, and then they can end on a high note.

shiro2809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I'd love to see them play through Revengeance I'm fully expecting this to be the last of it. They'll just never know how to make America great :(

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@csl316 said:

Revengeance is fantastic, of course, but parts of that game are super dull. Parts of that game are some of the best things in a character-action game, however.

Good thing it's only like 45 minutes long, then!

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The final boss fight in Revengeance at the end is probably my favorite thing ever, not really the actual boss fight itself but every single thing else in it lol.

I stopped MGScanlon V around episode 7, did he end up not liking the game? It really didn't seem like a game that would be a joy to play in that type of environment with all the side stuff needed to be done.

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BrainScratch

I don't know why so many people have been pushing the idea of Dan playing Rising while Drew comments. The whole concept of the show was to have Dan teaching Metal Gear to Drew. If neither Drew nor Dan have played Rising, what's the point of having them switch roles? It would add nothing to it. The only way Rising would be fine in Metal Gear Scanlon is if they just watched a clip with the best moments and moved on.

The series is more than done, Drew is not that into MGSV and Dan isn't helping. I say end it when MGSV is over and do an extra episode just to talk about the whole experience and maybe watch some extra stuff just for fun, like the extras of MGSV (you know, that chapter), or go back and watch some of the early MGS stuff, to remind Drew of how cool and dumb Metal Gear used to be.

They could also do an extra thing, maybe on UPF, where Drew has to get Dan to wear TrackIR and lift of some war ship on a Flight Simulator. That would be a funny way to have them switch roles.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I like the idea of dan playing zone of the Enders but it wouldn't make much sense for Drew to ride along sincere isn't on the anime team. It could be a good excuse to rope Rorie into more content, as long as Jeff got to tag along around the time Vic Viper shows up for some solid yelps of nostalgia

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Finally, the time for Danjo-KaDrewie is nigh.

I'd be more into The Adventures of Dookie and Dream.

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Fucking MGS V ruined the series. It's an awesome game, but a boring streaming material. Simple as that.

arbayer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#39  Edited By arbayer2

I still think it'd be interesting, and more comprehensive of MGS coverage, were Metal Gear/Metal Gear 2 to be covered, even briefly. Outside of that, its ultimate purpose is complete but I'm totally open to more series with similar formats and the two co-hosts together. Remember, Policenauts, Snatcher (briefly covered already) and ZoE exist in this world, not to mention other series like Syphon Filter, Hitman and Splinter Cell which lack the zany story beats but also to various extents are stealth games. And if you want mechs and weird stuff from the PS1 era, try Front Mission 3.

It'd definitely be great to see Dan in the hot seat occasionally though.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for sagewaterdragon
    SageWaterDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love this series, and I'd be happy to see Dan and Drew tackle another game or franchise, but Metal Gear Scanlon in and of itself is dying. They're clearly not having fun, the jokes are recycled, and the game has become stale. I loved the first 4 MGScanlons and the first 10 or so episodes of this one, but... well, I just hope that it's over soon so something can take its place.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#41  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I kinda stopped watching MGScanlon V after a few episodes. I played over a hundred hours of that game, and unfortunately I personally didn't find much to garner from their commentary: Primarily because of the gameplay focus. I'd love to see the two of them tackle another series together though.

Danjo Kadrewie next please! :D

Nrocinu777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should play something non-mgs and non-kojima.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

I'd watch Drew play Revengence, definetly. If they don't want to do that then that's fine.

Rather than starting any new series I'd be fine if they Doubled Down on Drew n' Dan's Demo Derby (feat. Jeff). I only hope that Jeff is available enough to show up for every show.

Breaking up the DD team in favor of some new ones would probably also work.

xshalashaskax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By xshalashaskax

Metal Gear 1&2 with Jeff... and Kojima?! but i doubt that Kojima would want to do anything with Metal Gear for the rest of his life (tears)

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Final Fantasy

Busto1299

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved this series, but I think its time to retire it.

rkofan87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teddie said:

They should watch the first 10 minutes and last 10 minutes of Rising (like Dan wanted to do on UPF), since those are the only good parts, but yeah I guess they should probably stop now!

but drew thinks he might play mgr but if not more demo derby ftw.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They either play Rising as a change of pace, or they just stop with Metal Gear after this.

Mysterious0Bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really curious about the MSX games because despite being a huge Metal Gear fan, I find them difficult to play myself.

Snatcher also because its just the fucking best.

I never watched Drew with MGSV because a) I'm yet to complete it myself (loads of distractions) and b) Its just way too long to watch someone else play- I prefer seeing Drew react to story beats of the shorter games.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I would love to see Jeff play through Metal Gear 1 and 2 (at one point he mentioned that he wanted to play through at least Metal Gear 1). Besides that, I'd say Metal Gear Scanlon should be sent out to the farm, based on the enthusiasm I've seen from Drew whenever I watch a random MGSV episode. Like when I skipped around the latest episode to see Drew react to the part where--Quiet speaks English to Codetalker--it was Drew being bored, Drew and Dan complaining about Chapter 2, and Drew being frustrated playing the game.

If anything else should be done, it should be Jeff playing through some old games on an old game show of some kind. I salute Drew's efforts through all of Metal Gear Scanlon, but we don't really need to see him play through all of Metal Gear.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.