Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Mass Effect 3 stuck with french VO

paulm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I just bought mass effect 3 from the xbox marketplace and apparently if you live in Canada you only get the french voice over. Nowhere on the marketplace is this labeled, there is no English version to buy and apparently this has been a problem for years and Microsoft has done nothing about it. It also looks like this effects both the 360 and xbox one. What the fuck! I knew I could get it cheaper buying a used copy but I though the convenience of not having to swap disks and have it a few hours would be worth it, boy was I wrong. I'm going to contact customer support but this problem has been posted on Microsofts message boards and EAs and they both just confirm that this problem exists and then label the problem as solved on their websites. If anyone has a solution I would love to hear it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
    deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Sacre bleu! (couldn't resist) This seems dumb AF. You probably saw this already but there is a suggestion to play it on an Xbox One set to the US region if that's an option? No idea if that would work but there doesn't seem to be anything more useful around.

Other than that... I dunno what consumer protections are like in Canada but I would hope it would be pretty easy to get a refund given that they made no mention of the supported languages on the presumably English store page.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Well shit, I guess you better learn French then.

:P

newhaap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If all else fails, English subtitles maybe?

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Nick

that is crazy, get a refund and buy it on the EA Origin store. i'm in Canada, and i bought it there for under $10 late last year and it was in English.

edit: also, is there no option to change the voiceover once you're in the game?

paulm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I sent an email to Microsoft support hopefully I can get a refund. I feel like this is some plot from EA Montreal to force me to learn french, the English subtitles work but the voice over options are grayed out. Also it was only a 10gb download, I wonder if Microsoft decided it would save them money to cut out a voice track and they figured they would rather anger English speaking canadians then deal with angry Québécois.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I've had similar issues with only being able to play games translated in Finnish if available. As far as I remember, Microsoft issued a fix for this on the Xbox One. You're not able to set your region and language independently from one another. So in other words, I could move to France or Spain and still play my games in English or vice versa. However I'm not sure if this fix ever propagated to the Xbox 360.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bleu, rouge, ou vert?

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somebody get Muzzy out of retirement.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.