Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Mass Effect 2 and 3 finally available digitally on xbox, and on sale this week!

Francium34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Francium34

Although the trilogy has been backwards compatible on xbox for a while (also on ea access), 2 and 3 were finally made available for purchase digitally this month. Right on the heels of the 4th entry Andromeda winning Most Disappointing Game Award, 2 and 3 are now on sale at $10 a piece.

Links to:

ME2, aka the people's Backwards Compatible Game of the Year

ME3

Considering mass effect DLC at least sometimes goes on sale on xbox, whereas the PC DLC still deals in Bioware points (??????!!!!!!!, origin even has a faq page to guide people. EDIT: thanks for the tip from ll_Exile_ll, DLC bundles were finally recently released on origin store), this is a good option for ME fans and newcomers with access to an xbox. Also noteworthy ME1 and 2 perform a lot closer to steady 30fps on xbox one vs 360. ME3 sees a bit of improvements, but still has some frame rate drops.

Mass Effect is probably my favorite video game trilogy of all time. ME3 remains the only time I've ever preordered the artbook and collector's edition (since then I've been dead inside).

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ll_Exile_ll
    @francium34 said:

ss effect DLC at least sometimes goes on sale on xbox, whereas the PC DLC still deals in Bioware points (??????!!!!!!!, origin even has a faq page to guide people), this is a good option for ME fans and newcomers with access to an xbox. Also noteworthy ME1 and 2 perform a lot closer to steady 30fps on xbox one vs 360. ME3 sees a bit of improvements, but still has some frame rate drops.

Mass Effect is probably my favorite video game trilogy of all time. ME3 remains the only time I've ever preordered the artbook and collector's edition (since then I've been dead inside).

Actually, EA recently updated the origin store to include DLC bundles for ME2 and ME3. At base price they're 25%-40% off the cost of buying all the DLC individually and you can actually just buy them without having to convert your money into Bioware bucks. They are not currently marked down as part of origin's holiday sale, but one would assume they may go on sale in the future (the DA Inquisition DLC bundle is currently half off, so it seems like a thing that can happen).

It took them years, but steps have finally been taken to make buying the Mass Effect DLC on PC less obnoxious, confusing, and expensive. What a world we live in.

Francium34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@ll_exile_ll: Good to know, thanks. The listed release date on those bundles were 12/21/17, so very recently! The FAQ pages are still up though.

It is mind blowing how bad EA mismanaged the franchise after ME2

1) giving bioware too little time on ME3

2) horrendous promotion tie-ins, IGN character on board, locking prothean behind day-1 DLC

3) trilogy bundle doesn't include most DLC (including arrival, which is kind of why Shepard was on trial?)

4) bioware points for PC DLC until now

5) ME:A clearly needed more time to at least fix bugs

6) DLC for ME:A not coming, instead will be a book

7) still no sign of remaster

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@francium34 said:

@ll_exile_ll: Good to know, thanks. The listed release date on those bundles were 12/21/17, so very recently! The FAQ pages are still up though.

It is mind blowing how bad EA mismanaged the franchise after ME2

1) giving bioware too little time on ME3

2) horrendous promotion tie-ins, IGN character on board, locking prothean behind day-1 DLC

3) trilogy bundle doesn't include most DLC (including arrival, which is kind of why Shepard was on trial?)

4) bioware points for PC DLC until now

5) ME:A clearly needed more time to at least fix bugs

6) DLC for ME:A not coming, instead will be a book

7) still no sign of remaster

Yeah, it's a bummer. I haven't given up all hope that the series may produce quality games again in the future, but I've given up expecting it. If we ever end up getting another great game in series, it will be a pleasant surprise.

Still, at least we'll always have the trilogy. Even if Bioware didn't 100% stick the landing, ME3 is still mostly great and I still love doing a complete trilogy playthrough every couple years. Those games are still really good.

Bonbonetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Bonbonetti

Personally I hated Mass Effect 2, it's my biggest gaming disappointment to date.

Basically, they removed too many of the things I really enjoyed in the first game and then added things I did not want in an ME game.

It's a cliché-thing to say, I know, but I do feel as if they turned an RPG into a cover-based shooter with ME2.

In terms of technical quality ME2 is a better game than the first one, I grant it that much, but everything else is bad in comparison.

Andromeda was a much better game than both ME 2/3, even though I'm not 100% happy with the combat, as I still wish the series would return to the tactical gameplay of the first game.

The storyline was more fun and interesting than in ME 2/3, and you finally had a big open-world to play around in again, something we haven't seen since the first game.

Just my opinion.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want a proper remastered trilogy!!

I still never played the first game

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
    deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

I've been meaning to replay through this series back-to-back. I really liked the first game and played through it multiple times. The second I enjoyed and I never got around to the third at the time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.