Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 24, 2000

One of the most legendary crossover fighting game series is thrown into high gear with a whopping 56-character roster and new three-on-three tag-team gameplay.

Disconnect penalty????

Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Scullinator

Is there a disconnect penalty in this game?  I cant tell.  I dont get many disconnects but I have had several that happened at the very end of a hard match.  Are people that worried about taking a loss or is it a sign that Im a cheap player?  I dont think I spam too many moves.  I avoid characters like Cable and megaman and I didnt even know that Magneto was a top tier character.  I like to use venom and his venom fang a bunch.  Is it spamming when you switch up the move between Light and Heavy to mix it up and throw your opponent off?  I cant help I am ok at this game.  Its my favorite fighter and I have been playing it since dreamcast.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By c1337us

Fuck them guys man. Fuck tiers, fuck spamming just play the characters you like and play to have fun and let the bitches whine about it if they want.

Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Scullinator

Are there really unstoppable spamming moves in this game?  Or if you're good enough you should be able to escape anything?  I have had a few people try to spam me with the Cables viper gun but you gotta know to jump high and pull off something mid air.  I have also found spammers are easily hit by Ultra combos.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_A_Drain

Play who you want, in any way you want. There is no such thing as spamming, cheap, or whatever bullshit excuse people want to give you for not playing the game properly (that is, any way that doesn't cause the game to freeze up or end prematurely because of a glitch) disconnecting is cheating plain and simple.

Fortunately, it counts as a win for you. I do not know if it counts as a loss for them. It bloody well should do in my opinion, if I want to use Doom, Cable and Juggernaught, I damned well will nobody has the right to disconnect because they are losing in a way they deem 'out of order' it's not up to them what is an isn't a legitimate tactic. If it's in the game, it's fine, disconnecting makes you the asshole, not the guy using an infinite combo, or whatever else it is people don't like. Especially in ranked matches, being competetive is the whole fucking point, if you're going to pussy out the minute you see an infinite combo, or someone repeatedly playing keepaway, fuck off and play another game.

In short, don't let anyone tell you how to play, play how you want and relax knowing that if some scrub disconnects on you, it will count as a win for you.

Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Scullinator

sweet thats good to know that it count as a win.  I wont be so bothered by it next time. 

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
    Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

Cable is fairly easy to destroy close up but with a game like this there really isn't spamming. If they can't control the distance and get close enough to you to do damage then that is their problem now isn't it?

Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Scullinator

spoken like a true cable user..... just kidding.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By turbomonkey138

i dont have this problem as i never win . Mainly because i use Charlie

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Caligula

the only people who complain about spam, are the ones who lose. if it's in a game then it's part of. i mean think about in RL, if the only way for to win a fight is to grab rocks and thorw them repeatedly, then do it. don't just take an a** kicking. 

if you complain about stale moves, then you obiviously aren't talented enough to stop them. people are babies when they lose, and D**** when they win. go figure...
    UnoGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By UnoGenius

Someone disconnected on me yesterday and it counted as my loss! It was right after it I got the KO on him. 

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By keyhunter

You guys are forgetting about a variable called lag. People who suck spam the same move over and over, and pick cable ice man and iron man. If you're not retarded you jump over it. Drop kick them to the dome, get them into a infinite combo. Great. But people who suck at videogames also usually have bad internet connections, and live in britain but somehow connect to your north american game. And then they proceed to fuck with your timing and you find yourself getting ice beamed over and over and not being able to do anything about it, all the while talking in british and being all smug sounding but not making any sense. That's not playing to win. That's being an asshole.

JoeyIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JoeyIA

I think I hear the WHAAAAAMUBLANCE off in the distance.
    Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan
    @keyhunter:  Yep, all British people not only suck at games, but are totally smug.
     A reasonable accusation if I've ever seen one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.