Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mario Party

Franchise »

Mario Party is a collection of mini-games played with a variety of iconic Nintendo characters. They are notable for being games of skill.

What's the best Mario Party...Party?

• 65 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Poll What's the best Mario Party...Party? (957 votes)

Mario Party Party 1 11%
    Mario Party Party 2 9%
    Mario Party Party 3 5%
    Mario Party Party 4 6%
    Mario Party Party 5 48%
    Mario Party Party 6 2%
    Mario Party Party 7 2%
    Mario Party Party 8 2%
    Mario Party Party 9 3%
    Mario Party Party 10 9%

Now that the party is over :'( I ask you, fine folks of Giant Bomb, what was the best Mario Party Party? Was it the first party? Or whatever one was your first party? 5, the live party? Or are you some sick psycho that liked the brevity of 9 or 10?

• 
    Avatar image for deactivated-61f8244d70470
    deactivated-61f8244d70470

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

1 and 2, easily. 5 gets a special mention, as does 10 for being Jeff's first win.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The live one is one of the best pieces of content the site has produced.

JosephKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

With how most of the modern live shows with fans having been either bland or cringe-worthy, it's incredible how Mario Party Party 5 turned out to be one of the best things Giant Bomb has done. It had a story, it had energy all throughout the show, it had big moments, and it had the perfect ending.

Dragon_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The first Mario party party is one of the best videos on the site period and definitely the one I have watched the most. Watching them suffer is fun the first time and especially live, but it gets old after a while.

After 5 everybody except Dan just seems missable expect Dan and not in a fun sort of way, but mostly a "Let's get this shit over with" kinda way. MPP 8 somehow managed to get over this huddle and still be pretty great and 9+10 are so short that the fatigue doesn't really set in. 6 and 7 are a dark period in the history of the series though.

So overall my ranking would be: 1, 2, 5, 3, 4, 8, 10, 9, 6, 7.

paulunga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

beefscorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By beefscorn

I think it was 3. But it might have been 4. Whatever time Drew just got so angry and started cursing. With a lot of Giant Bomb content you see it as these are people doing a job. But then there are the magical videos by Kirby's Epic Yarn where the real person seeps out of the the persona. But seeing Drew break character and actually get mad was magical. I felt bad for him but at the same time I felt like I really knew the person underneath for once, at least when it came to the to quite Drew.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

MPP5 is the best content ever put up on this fine website. They should have tried another one live, I'm sure it never would have been that incredible, but I would have loved to see it. I think 5 also just had the perfect outcome, couldn't have scripted it better!

Random_Dave_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad to see the live show - #5 - got the nod. That live show was one of the most unique things giant bomb has done in recent years. I'd like to see them do more specials like that with a unique crowd element. Gotta love #Drew!

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

2 and not even close

Novis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Okay, good. Mario Party Party 5 is winning the poll. Just wanted to make sure to do my part. GO DREW!

chapternine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I own and have played them all. Mario Party 1 will always be my favourite of the series. It's the most punitive.

Grimace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The best one is 3. DMX Goomba, Jeff breaking after being crapped on all game, Skeleton keys. "Did you hear they were doing a documentary? They flew a drone over Mario Party 3"

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The ones where Drew won.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

My favorite Mario Party Party's are 1, 2, and 5.

5 had the added bonus of the live audience and the impossible twist of fate at the end. 1 and 2 are both some of the funnier parties, but there was also a purity involved with the entire affair. Plus this was before the 4 hour parties, so that's also nice. I ended up voting for 2, but those three are all amazing for different reasons.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#65  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

The first one; because back then we were still wide eyed and innocent. We were hopeful that things could still be good, before the abyss came to take us all.

For real though, they all kind of blur together to me. Those youtube Mario party party best ofs are the best way to experience the highlights if, like a normal person, 4 hours of Mario party is asking a bit too much. And I say that as who has watched almost every mario party party.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.