Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mac

Platform »

The Macintosh (Mac) line of personal computers is designed and developed by Apple, Inc. - formerly Apple Computer, Inc. It runs macOS, a Unix operating system. Its current version, macOS 13.4 "Ventura" was released on May 18, 2023.

Mac (Sorry PC Fans!)

newfound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By newfound

Sorry if this isn't the right place,

I am looking to update my Mac to leopard so I can do some more current gaming, well any game other than warcraft on my mac!

So I want to get the iMac early 2011, but I wanted to know if anyone had any non-rumour/speculative information on when the next update will be released for the iMac?

last time I got my macbook, 2 months later they released the new specs with leopard at the same price and was pretty annoying!

tsolless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By tsolless

Macs are personal computers as well. It's a ridiculous idea that it is not, one fueled by marketing.

JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By JonathanMoore

Isn't Lion coming like, Mid-2011? it would probably be a good idea to just wait for that...

contagious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By contagious
    Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Skytylz
    @tsolless said:
    " Macs are personal computers as well. It's a ridiculous idea that it is not, one fueled by marketing. "
    By their own commercials even.
    newfound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By newfound
    @contagious: thanks!
    blackbird415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By blackbird415

For me apple has different advantages to windows. They both have their solid advantages, but they focus on 2 very different things.

I do see them as more of a laptop/portable company. The macbook pros have better chassis design than any other laptop (metal chassis = GASP*! I feel like I can actually lug it around without worrying about stuff breaking) plastic doesnt do it for me, I have an hp I dont like that its all plastic, seems cheap for what im supposed to have which is a personal computer. There iphone/ipod touch market has been relatively untouchable for a good few years, streamlining things that have already been done and inventing something new.  

Desktop on the other hand is where they falter big time for me. Desktop windows machines offer much more as a desktop platform. Being able buy parts ridiculously cheaper often savings of over 100%. Windows is a platform focused on business/home entertainment. I have never recommended apple desktop computers and never will.  

On another hand windows has tried portable for a long time with very limited success. zune plopped (though not a bad player). Windows mobile was good.... for 4 months. It was choppy, it didn't offer much in terms of real media play and streamlining. Windows phone 7 looks very promising and hopefully well see the appstore blow up, but windows Ive seen personally as not that great of a portable company. 

need I remind everyone microsoft hold approx. 90% of the pc market. 

@JonathanMoore said: 

" Isn't Lion coming like, Mid-2011? it would probably be a good idea to just wait for that... "

agreed, I remember hearing about it less than a month ago coming out 
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By mike

What about keeping your current Mac, upgrading it to Lion when that comes out, and then building yourself a PC for playing games on?

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Djeffers03

VirtuaXav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By VirtuaXav
    @MB said:
    " What about keeping your current Mac, upgrading it to Lion when that comes out, and then building yourself a PC for playing games on? "
    I'd do this, seems cost effective. And you'll get a wider range of games if you're gaming on a PC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.