Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lionhead Studios Ltd.

Company »

Lionhead Studios was a British developer studio founded by industry legend Peter Molyneux. They focus on innovation in God games, management simulators and RPGs. Their first title was released in 2001, called Black & White. The company was formed with people from Bullfrog Productions.

Microsoft announces the closure of Lionhead studios, cancellation of Fable Legends

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

http://news.xbox.com/2016/03/07/microsoft-studios-changes-uk-denmark/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Shame, really. The first two fable games were brilliant. Hopefully these folks find jobs quickly!

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Shame for those who have lost their jobs.

I continue to have some concerns about Microsoft's first party development. There's part of me who wonders how long Rare might last.

ithmoliar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ithmoliar

Having worked for the shit show that is Microsoft and seeing how the fecal sausage is made, this does not surprise me. The whole place is on fire because It's run by absolute morons with no idea what they are doing. That's why they "reorganise" every 5 minutes because they have no vision or forward planning and react to smallest shit like the world is about to end.

I would like to put one up for some of my brothers and sisters still working at that dump. Hope work finds you well.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Ouch, all this recent Xbox news makes it feel like the end of the era. Not entirely sure what exactly that era is, but it just feels weird.

I wonder how far along development was. It was announced like two years ago which makes me want to believe they were pretty far along, but the fact we've seen and heard so little about this game in that time period, the game is now cancelled, and the studio is being shut down leads me to believe that maybe that game was in some sort of development hell and it just wasn't going to be finished any time soon. Oh well, I'll miss 'em.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Wasn't the announcement:

• Fable Legends is cancelled
    • We are in talks about closing Lionhead

Sounds like the people who made Max: The Curse of Brotherhood got axed, but Lionshead is still alright. Either way you look at it, this is weird. Fable Legends must have been in development hell, because it seemed like that game was due to come out this year, after being announced back in 2013 or 2014. The thing that gets me is the open talk about whether or not to shut down a studio. I don't know why you would make that public. It's weird being in limbo, not knowing if you're going to have a job, but it must be super weird if everybody else knows about it too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.