Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

LEGO Dimensions

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Sep 27, 2015

The LEGO toy brand's first foray into the burgeoning "toys-to-life" genre of video games, Dimensions brings together various pop-culture series together in an epic minifigure mash-up.

This Sonic Lego Dimensions trailer is something else

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By MocBucket62

And here's said trailer:

I mea its something's else in that I'm still having a hard time accepting the fact that there is a LEGO game that let's you play as Sonic the Hedgehog. In the trailer, Sonic is running alongside LEGO Dr. Who (think about that). Admittedly this looks better than most other Sonic games that have recently came out. Its worth mentioning though that this marks the reunion of TT Games (then Traveller's Tales) and the Sonic IP as they developed Sonic 3D Blast and Sonic R. Hopefully that Sonic R OST is either in the game or at least referenced, because that is the greatest awkward soundtrack in a video game.

But here's some pressing news that has to be mentioned. There is a video game out there where Big the Cat can co-exist with iconic characters like Batman, Homer Simpson, Harry Potter, Scooby-Doo and the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. What a strange era in video games.

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

Its worth mentioning though that this marks the reunion of TT Games (then Traveller's Tales) and the Sonic IP as they developed Sonic 3D Blast and Sonic R. Hopefully that Sonic R OST is either in the game or at least referenced, because that is the greatest awkward soundtrack in a video game.

Holy shit did you connect that yourself? I would have NEVER figured that out. That's a bizarre piece of trivia. I too love the Sonic R soundtrack because it makes no sense in context. :)

I think this looks alright. I'm into LEGO things, and I'm the sick person who will play a Sonic game still (SO SUE ME!) I mean, there's a lot of old and new Sonic in the trailer so I'm sure there is plenty of fan service. Incidentally, recently I saw something about a person who was creating an open world Sonic in Unreal Engine I think, and the open world lent itself well to the character. Looks a bit like the one presented here.

Look, I'm coming clean, the Sonic franchise is the dirtbag of video games. But his little group of rotten shit-eating grin animals are as popular as ever. I want him everywhere. I want him in every Smash Bros. till the end of time. I want him in LEGO, I want him in Wreck-It Ralph and his own movie. I want the little blue blur to exist in EVERYTHING whether it's good or bad. People go crazy over it, they hate it. And I want to absorb their hate. He should be rebooted into Ghostbusters as a ghost. He should do a parody of Breaking Bad. He's gotta get those blue "emeralds." I want to see him invade pop-culture every decade. MWAHAHAHA.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Why does Sonic need a car?

CaptnKamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@bollard: In the game when you are prompted to do the car Sonic's response is: "It's not as fast as I am, but at least I can rest my legs."

This expansion is just another bit of goodness that Lego Dimensions offers, everything Sonic is just so tongue-in-cheek, but it actually delivers one of the best Sonic games I've played in ages.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Snail

This game is a strong contender for the actual Weirdest Thing Ever.

I'm really interested to find out how that Sonic part of the game plays like. It seems like a weird mixture of referencing a lot of right things from the past, with some unnecessary stuff from more recent incarnations.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noooo why is Sonic in my Lego :(

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

I don't know, that kind of looked pretty damn cool if you ask me.

Don't ask me.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By damodar

Sonic being forced to constrain to Lego proportions should be weird, but he actually looks less terrible that the awful huge-head, pea-body, daddy-long-legs-with-Soaps he has been for more than 15 years.

I didn't hate the trailer, makes me think that the right team could actually potentially make an ok Sonic game. Give it to Platinum.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#11 gamer_152  Moderator

This all looks so far from something that would actually appear in a Lego set that I'm not even getting the buzz of "Hey look, it's Lego" from this. But hey, I could see kids enjoying this. Sonic hanging out with Harry Potter and Dr. Who seems like something a kid would draw.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.